Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   NEED HELP ON WHICH INTAKE (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295442)

Blu Ray 05-14-2013 12:44 PM

NEED HELP ON WHICH INTAKE
 
2 Attachment(s)
Been reading up on both but cant decide which one will give me more bang, suggestions greatly appreciated..

:noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::n oidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noi dea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea::noide a:


VOLANT - 151366 -
2012+ V6 CAMARO COLD AIR INTAKE WITH POWERCORE DRY FILTER

or the

CAI - 501-1036-12 -
2012+ V6 CAMARO CAI COLD AIR INTAKE

JDP Tyler 05-14-2013 12:46 PM

CAI Hands down.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

2012 ZL1#1658 05-14-2013 12:46 PM

Why not consider Roto-Fab. :iono:

Blu Ray 05-14-2013 12:53 PM

Leaning twords the Volant does not require removing or relocating the windshield washer fluid

PoorMansCamaro 05-14-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izach26 (Post 6542637)
Leaning twords the Volant does not require removing or relocating the windshield washer fluid

you don't have to touch the windshield washer fluid with the CAI either. only if you want to add the scoop...

Blu Ray 05-14-2013 12:59 PM

PM SENT

MR.Sarge 05-14-2013 01:00 PM

I went with Cold Air Inductions Inc. CAI and I couldn't be happier, looks awesome and matches the car perfectly as well, in my opinion.

In the end, it's your decision. Choose what you like better.

Frid 05-14-2013 01:01 PM

CAI Inc gets my vote :thumb:

Vroom_vroom 05-14-2013 01:02 PM

well the cai works with ram air hoods if you ever plan to go that route. was gonna go injen until i wanted a hood.

Dznts 05-14-2013 01:03 PM

CAI!

Blu Ray 05-14-2013 01:05 PM

Reading other posts the CAI has a top score of 9.38 being Number 1 mod...reason I ask is 2 club members have MRT2 axel back exhaust, 1 member has Volant intake other has CAI the member with the Volant intake and the MRT2 sounds BADDAZZ member with the CAI and the MRT2, sound just okay

PoorMansCamaro 05-14-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom (Post 6542666)
well the cai works with ram air hoods if you ever plan to go that route. was gonna go injen until i wanted a hood.

i'm curious on what you mean by this.

PoorMansCamaro 05-14-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izach26 (Post 6542681)
Reading other posts the CAI has a top score of 9.38 being Number 1 mod...reason I ask is 2 club members have MRT2 axel back exhaust, 1 member has Volant intake other has CAI the member with the Volant intake and the MRT2 sounds BADDAZZ member with the CAI and the MRT2, sound just okay

it's not always about sound. have they ever gone against each other down the 1/4 mile track?

Blu Ray 05-14-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6542693)
it's not always about sound. have they ever gone against each other down the 1/4 mile track?

No they havent, and the one with the CAI does drive kind of reserved, the one withthe Volant really hits it hard, could be a contributing factor

vroomapunk 05-14-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6542684)
i'm curious on what you mean by this.

Certain ram air hoods have an outlet for the ram air that is designed specifically for the top of the CAI INC case. You can take the plexiglass piece out or something and it mates up to the hood when its closed.

vroomapunk 05-14-2013 01:15 PM

you do NOT need to touch the washer bottle for the CAI Inc one. I took mine out anyway because its heavy, and I never use it. It also blocks air flow if you get a scoop, or just want to cut the hole out for where a scoop will go.

BTW the CAI made my exhaust note sound much "throatier" if that makes any sense

ShmRocc 05-14-2013 01:16 PM

Volant is the way to go, better performance numbers on the dyno. Better look for me as it looks totally factory. Really opens my MRT V2 Exhaust so much loader than the CAI intake, easier to take care of, doesn't get dirty so you see all the dirt underneathe, easier to get to the windshield washer fluid, less money, plus everyone has the CAI its overrated & everyone you see looks the same under the hood.. Be difference dont follow the clan of CAI intake Camaros!

PoorMansCamaro 05-14-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6542734)
Certain ram air hoods have an outlet for the ram air that is designed specifically for the top of the CAI INC case. You can take the plexiglass piece out or something and it mates up to the hood when its closed.

so something like the roto-fab intake would be good with a ram air hood?

PoorMansCamaro 05-14-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShmRocc (Post 6542747)
Volant is the way to go, better performance numbers on the dyno. Better look for me as it looks totally factory. Really opens my MRT V2 Exhaust so much loader than the CAI intake, easier to take care of, doesn't get dirty so you see all the dirt underneathe, easier to get to the windshield washer fluid, less money, plus everyone has the CAI its overrated & everyone you see looks the same under the hood.. Be difference dont follow the clan of CAI intake Camaros!

interesting. do you have a dyno that compares the two?

and just fyi, I don't have a CAI. ;)

SuperSport2011 05-14-2013 01:19 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again. It's a tube with a filter on it, hard to pick a bad one. I personally chose airaid and it works fine.

Blu Ray 05-14-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 (Post 6542763)
I said it before and I'll say it again. It's a tube with a filter on it, hard to buy a wrong one.

Im diggin this....:word::word::word::word::word:

ShmRocc 05-14-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro (Post 6542756)
interesting. do you have a dyno that compares the two?

and just fyi, I don't have a CAI. ;)

Yeah there is a huge dyno post on the forums about it search volant plus if you order the Volant you have a choice of different air filters and one of them is a Pro Filter which is better than any filter CAI gives you!

angie7 05-14-2013 02:00 PM

Rotofab FTW

Blu Ray 05-14-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angie7 (Post 6542933)
Rotofab FTW


state your case as to "y" rotofab

BAWLZ SS 05-14-2013 02:16 PM

OP look at the poll and see what everyone thinks of ur two options! CAI all the way. I Love mine. Fit, finish, quality, performance,... :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.