Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Say Hello to My AGM 1LE (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295684)

Dropspeed 05-15-2013 01:24 PM

Say Hello to My AGM 1LE
 
5 Attachment(s)
Ordered the car on April 4th. VIN received May 2nd, Car arrived ar Rodgers May 9th, financing was secure last week (1.74%), Insurance was activated on May 13th and I was trying to hold out until tomorrow to try for a Private offer............and then I received a taunting email from Becky D. this morning at 9:22AM.

"Sure is a nice day :)"

Above is the only thing the email said and I caved!!!!!! Picked her up just before noon!

Thanks again Becky and Rodgers!!!!

Pics are from Friday night when I went down to see it!

EDIT: I forgot to post what I found in the center console!!!!! Thanks Mike!

Between Camaro5, Rodgers and Mike this has been the best car buying experience ever. (I have purchased a ton of cars over the years)

Casperadub70 05-15-2013 01:36 PM

Beautiful Camaro. congrats. i know your going to enjoy this Camaro.

13FastBlkSS 05-15-2013 01:40 PM

Nice! :thumbsup:

MAXRS 05-15-2013 01:43 PM

1Le looks perfect in agm!

Nick S 05-15-2013 02:23 PM

Congrats! Very nice. Enjoy it...it's hard not to!!

2010 SSRS 05-15-2013 02:27 PM

Congrats

Dznts 05-15-2013 02:41 PM

:drool: :headbang:

Southern Comfort 05-15-2013 03:34 PM

Very nice @ Looking forward to some handling reports from your perspective. :clap2:

HighMtnSS 05-15-2013 03:40 PM

Very nice! Congrats!!!

Gotta love that AGM :-)

MPHS_AGM 05-15-2013 04:18 PM

Great looking car!!

PYROLYSIS 05-15-2013 04:25 PM

Congrats. Glad you finally got her.

Unrulie 05-15-2013 04:43 PM

:clap: :thumbsup:

Dropspeed 05-15-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern Comfort (Post 6547906)
Very nice @ Looking forward to some handling reports from your perspective. :clap2:

Thanks guys...

I will have her out on Grattan on May 26th here in MI....I will be instructing a female member of the community in her SS that day and there is another member of the forums that will be out with his ZL1, but I will let them chime in if they want to be know!

Anyone in MI is free to come out to Grattan and watch...

super60 05-15-2013 05:21 PM

Congratulations Dropspeed :thumb:


Thank You for supporting GM and Team Camaro , enjoy your 1LE .

Post a picture over on my Facebook Page ( Michael Judge )


Best Regards from Oshawa :canada:

Mike Judge
Super60:thumb:

cornerspeed92 05-15-2013 05:25 PM

Very nice,looks wicked.

Jims Mongoose 05-15-2013 05:33 PM

Oh Wow
 
Congrats on the new baby in the family. It is stunning.

Also thank you for showing another color than black that I can consider.

Best of luck :clap2::confused0068:

I don't know if you have the dual mode exhausts or not, but if you do then enjoy it and watch the cops wonder why the car was noisy two minutes ago and is now quiet.:biggrin:

Jim:biggrin::thumbsup:

Jims Mongoose 05-15-2013 05:52 PM

I should have noticed
 
I now noticed the Quad tips, which means you have dual mode. You will love it.

As I have said on other posts, GM did something to this car, I drove one with dual mode exhausts, a 1LE and is felt alot more responsive then a similarly equipped SS.

Love it, kind of jealous actually.:sad0147:

Jim:hail:

HighMtnSS 05-15-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose (Post 6548396)

As I have said on other posts, GM did something to this car, I drove one with dual mode exhausts, a 1LE and is felt alot more responsive then a similarly equipped SS.

Jim:hail:

Yes, it's the exhaust and also the 3.91 rear end that makes the 1LE feel more responsive. :thumb:

Bad@ssCamaro 05-15-2013 08:17 PM

Congrats Dropspeed on finally getting your 1LE.:clap: I too will be looking forward to hearing your review on the performance and handling on the track as well as your impressions on its road manners.

Also if you could relay what your experience with Becky and Rodgers Chevrolet made it a more enjoyable experience over your past purchases :biggrin:

Bauer2 05-15-2013 08:21 PM

Congrats!!

SlowSS 05-15-2013 08:27 PM

Congrats!!!

Jims Mongoose 05-15-2013 08:29 PM

I submit this respectfully
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighMtnSS (Post 6548753)
Yes, it's the exhaust and also the 3.91 rear end that makes the 1LE feel more responsive. :thumb:


On another thread we talked a great deal about this. I looked into the gear ratios. Even though the 1LE has a higher numerical rear ratio of 3.91, if you calculate the overal ratio between rear and tranny they are so close through 2 gears that I don't believe that is the reason.:popcorn:

It is other factors, maybe higher output LS3's in the selection process, the tip to toe response as 'Norm' had suggested or something else. It is dramatic.:confused0068:

No Matter he will really enjoy this car, it is an awesome street car, with lots of potential built in if he wants more.:wub:

Jim:hail:

HighMtnSS 05-15-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose (Post 6549053)
On another thread we talked a great deal about this. I looked into the gear ratios. Even though the 1LE has a higher numerical rear ratio of 3.91, if you calculate the overal ratio between rear and tranny they are so close through 2 gears that I don't believe that is the reason.:popcorn:

It is other factors, maybe higher output LS3's in the selection process, the tip to toe response as 'Norm' had suggested or something else. It is dramatic.:confused0068:

No Matter he will really enjoy this car, it is an awesome street car, with lots of potential built in if he wants more.:wub:

Jim:hail:

Yes, there is something special about these cars.

I notice a "seat of the pants" difference that is night and day between my 1LE and my "11 2SS.

:biggrin: Perhaps, 1LE's do receive hand picked LS3's. :iono:

BigBlock69RS 05-15-2013 09:35 PM

Very nice car! We have similar tastes.

ReoRockStar 05-15-2013 10:02 PM

Nice 👍 congrats on the new ride!!


~{Eat,Sleep,Drive}~


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.