Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   FenwickHockey65's Great Thread of GM Knowledge (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296229)

Overflow 05-18-2013 08:50 AM

FenwickHockey65's Great Thread of GM Knowledge
 
This is a thread specially for FenwickHockey65 to talk about all things GM and of course to answer questions. :D

Thanks to mike for the idea! :thumbsup:

FenwickHockey65 05-18-2013 08:51 AM

Yay my own thread! :D

Overflow 05-18-2013 08:53 AM

Now we have our own spot to praise the GM God and be reminded of how unworthy we are.

FenwickHockey65 05-18-2013 08:59 AM

Haha. Well if anyone has questions I'll do my best to answer. I'll use this to post random GM stuff that doesn't require their own threads too.

And now my PM inbox won't be overflowing every week. :laugh:

01pewterz28 05-18-2013 09:30 AM

Ok my question when id the Equinox up for the refresh I recall 2014 but I have not seen anything?

FenwickHockey65 05-18-2013 09:40 AM

The Theta-II crossovers were indeed rumored to be MCE'd for the 2014MY but it doesn't appear like that's going to happen. It might have been pushed back to 2015, or GM might have decided to cancel the project as a whole as the Equinox/Terrain are scheduled to move to the D2XX platform in the near future.

That move to D2XX will also bring about a slight size reduction so if you're liking how roomy the Theta-II models are you might want to think about picking one up.

willhe64 05-18-2013 09:49 AM

My question for you is:
Where do you get all your info from?
I've seen your posts all over this forum and you definitely are in the know.

FenwickHockey65 05-18-2013 10:01 AM

I'm a staff member at GMInsideNews.com, so I spend a lot of time monitoring various automotive media outlets for GM-related stuff. Sometimes we get to hear about certain things before others and that helps a lot too.

Also, my dad worked for GM for 30 years in various assembly and manufacturing capacities, including building 2nd and 3rd gen F-bodies at Norwood Assembly. So because my family has pretty close ties to the company and still derive some income from it, I've kinda taken it upon myself to help out in any way I can, mostly answering people's questions about current and future product.

NoSyT 05-18-2013 10:28 AM

Fen,

First, thanks for all the great inside news, tips, and info you provide to the Camaro5 community.

I've seen the spy photos of the new Tahoe and Yukon, when do you expect to see them officially revealed?

mikeyg36 05-18-2013 10:39 AM

Yay Fen! Now everyone can bombard you with GM questions :clap:

Dznts 05-18-2013 10:47 AM

Fen :bow:

FenwickHockey65 05-18-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoSyT (Post 6558788)
Fen,

First, thanks for all the great inside news, tips, and info you provide to the Camaro5 community.

I've seen the spy photos of the new Tahoe and Yukon, when do you expect to see them officially revealed?

The K2XX SUVs have been pushed back a bit so GM can concentrate on launching the trucks. It's not a huge deal as Arlington Assembly's the only facility affected by the change. From what I understand, the current GMT-900 SUVs will continue for the 2014 model year. Sometime next year, the K2XXs will launch as 2015 models.

As you said, the IVERs are out and about a lot these days. Can't tell a lot from the camo but GM is doing some pretty interesting things with LED DRLs on them, particularly for the Yukon.

willhe64 05-18-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6558714)
I'm a staff member at GMInsideNews.com, so I spend a lot of time monitoring various automotive media outlets for GM-related stuff. Sometimes we get to hear about certain things before others and that helps a lot too.

Also, my dad worked for GM for 30 years in various assembly and manufacturing capacities, including building 2nd and 3rd gen F-bodies at Norwood Assembly. So because my family has pretty close ties to the company and still derive some income from it, I've kinda taken it upon myself to help out in any way I can, mostly answering people's questions about current and future product.


Excellent! This is going to be a great thread.

Camaro_Corvette 05-18-2013 07:25 PM

Ah, when will GM bring back monte carlo?

mikeyg36 05-18-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 6560473)
Ah, when will GM bring back monte carlo?

Hopefully never if they keep it as FWD :fear:

FenwickHockey65 05-18-2013 07:26 PM

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Actually, someone's trying to start a rumor that the sub-Camaro RWD sports coupe Reuss wants to build could be named Monte Carlo. Which makes little to no sense whatsoever.

Camaro_Corvette 05-18-2013 07:39 PM

I just want a luxurious high powered rwd two door car totally keyless and a comfy ride.more like a daily driver street brawler.

FenwickHockey65 05-18-2013 07:47 PM

Uhh well...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....oupefd2011.jpg

:laugh:

I know what you mean though. I doubt we'll see one for a while, if ever again.

I will say this: GM seems hell bent on doing at least something RWD again. There's a lot of chatter about Alpha and possibly developing a flexible, scalable RWD platform below Alpha.

Camaro_Corvette 05-18-2013 07:52 PM

I'm still on the fence with the styling of that cts. Something about it just didn't catch my eye. Chevys seems to be a little cheaper to have worked on at the stealership as well.

Steve Dallas 05-18-2013 07:55 PM

When can we expect to see higher end versions of the Stingray? Something equivalent to the Z01.

mikeyg36 05-18-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 6560574)
I'm still on the fence with the styling of that cts. Something about it just didn't catch my eye. Chevys seems to be a little cheaper to have worked on at the stealership as well.

I agree. I love the front but the back of the coupe looks odd for some reason. Cadillac stealerships really need to step it up compared to other luxury brands. The service and respect that I get when I bring my Dad's Benz in is outstanding, yet when I go to Cadillac I feel like I walked into a chevy dealer.

mikeyg36 05-18-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Dallas (Post 6560590)
When can we expect to see higher end versions of the Stingray? Something equivalent to the Z01.

What's a Z01? :iono:
The Z51 is the higher end as of now.

FenwickHockey65 05-18-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Dallas (Post 6560590)
When can we expect to see higher end versions of the Stingray? Something equivalent to the Z01.

ZR1 you mean?

They're coming. GM's probably working on the engines as we speak. For now I'm sure they're just trying to get the Stingray/Z51 models into production.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyg36 (Post 6560591)
I agree. I love the front but the back of the coupe looks odd for some reason. Cadillac stealerships really need to step it up compared to other luxury brands. The service and respect that I get when I bring my Dad's Benz in is outstanding, yet when I go to Cadillac I feel like I walked into a chevy dealer.

They know. Trust me, they're working on it.

mikeyg36 05-18-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6560615)
ZR1 you mean?

They're coming. GM's probably working on the engines as we speak. For now I'm sure they're just trying to get the Stingray/Z51 models into production.



They know. Trust me, they're working on it.

I hope so. Then I might be able to convince him to get back into a GM car :rolleyes:

Steve Dallas 05-18-2013 08:26 PM

Woops...typo...I meant ZR1. Sigh

I guess my question is...will it be 1-2 years before we see one?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.