Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   RX 1LE style cleanside separator (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297507)

SC2150 05-24-2013 11:53 AM

RX 1LE style cleanside separator
 
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps1d1f72a8.jpg

Available in chrome or any color the catchcans are.

$79 & $10 S&H

This works with V6 or V8, and replaces the stock oil fill cap and then connects to the intake air tube barb so there is clean side oil separation and flow both ways so a better solution than the breather kit.

:thumbsup:

Twonz360 05-24-2013 09:45 PM

Cool.. too bad I just installed my oil breather 2 hours ago.

Will this require any drilling to the passenger side ?

The Stig 05-24-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twonz360 (Post 6586038)
Cool.. too bad I just installed my oil breather 2 hours ago.

Will this require any drilling to the passenger side ?

should install the same way the GM 1LE breather does.

Chaotic73 05-26-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC2150 (Post 6583935)
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps1d1f72a8.jpg

Available in chrome or any color the catchcans are.

$79 & $10 S&H

This works with V6 or V8, and replaces the stock oil fill cap and then connects to the intake air tube barb so there is clean side oil separation and flow both ways so a better solution than the breather kit.

:thumbsup:

What exactly does this do? any pics of it installed?

The Stig 05-26-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotic73 (Post 6590617)
What exactly does this do? any pics of it installed?

It keeps the clean side of the PCV system 100% clean, and I'll post pics once I get mine installed.

AKA-22 05-26-2013 09:28 AM

would like to see installed as well, v-6....

AKA-22 05-26-2013 09:44 AM

isnt this what this does http://www.revxtreme.com/image/cache...FC-500x500.jpg

The Stig 05-26-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKA-22 (Post 6590705)

Yes. But the 1LE system is more effective.

AKA-22 05-26-2013 09:56 AM

where do you get them?

mercedestech 05-26-2013 10:44 AM

Does anyone have pics of this installed with a two valve catch can or could explain the routing of the hoses. Going to order a two valve can this weekend, and might order this at the same time.

The Stig 05-26-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedestech (Post 6590832)
Does anyone have pics of this installed with a two valve catch can or could explain the routing of the hoses. Going to order a two valve can this weekend, and might order this at the same time.

Do you need the routing for the catch can explained or the hose routing for the 1LE oil separator explained?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKA-22 (Post 6590727)
where do you get them?

From SC2150.

mercedestech 05-26-2013 08:04 PM

I need the routing for the the can and breather on a whipple LS3. Tracy said I could use either the single or dual valve, anyone have a preference or could explain the benefits of each. I haven't purchased anything yet, just trying to figure out what I need and where everything hooks up.

The Stig 05-26-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedestech (Post 6592531)
I need the routing for the the can and breather on a whipple LS3. Tracy said I could use either the single or dual valve, anyone have a preference or could explain the benefits of each. I haven't purchased anything yet, just trying to figure out what I need and where everything hooks up.

Dual valve utilizes both clean and dirty side, really only needed for FI engines would you benefit from a single valve - absolutely.

mercedestech 05-27-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6592937)
Dual valve utilizes both clean and dirty side, really only needed for FI engines would you benefit from a single valve - absolutely.

I'm supercharged, cammed, headers, intake etc...its a 600+rwhp car. Guess I need the dual?

The Stig 05-27-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercedestech (Post 6594168)
I'm supercharged, cammed, headers, intake etc...its a 600+rwhp car. Guess I need the dual?

I'd recommend it yea.

SimpleGreen 05-27-2013 03:16 PM

So, in laymans terms, the RX Breather I have is 'Good' but this is 'Better' ?

I assume to remove the oil cap you would have to disconnect the hose and rotate the whole mess out? Or really I imagine with sufficient slack on the hose you can just turn it and set it to the side...

Hm. Well I suppose I may order one of these to replace my breather, though now I would have a breather that's sort of rendered obsolete, lol.

The Stig 05-27-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleGreen (Post 6595013)
So, in laymans terms, the RX Breather I have is 'Good' but this is 'Better' ?

I assume to remove the oil cap you would have to disconnect the hose and rotate the whole mess out? Or really I imagine with sufficient slack on the hose you can just turn it and set it to the side...

Hm. Well I suppose I may order one of these to replace my breather, though now I would have a breather that's sort of rendered obsolete, lol.

I'm kind of hoping that the "breather" aspect freely rotates on top of the cap.

ChadG 06-25-2013 08:58 PM

Just found this thread, I'd really like to see one installed on a V6.

SimpleGreen 06-25-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChadG (Post 6715890)
Just found this thread, I'd really like to see one installed on a V6.

I'll post a pic of mine when I get it. I'm up to a four week wait now for two of them currently :pout:

colingordon 06-26-2013 09:57 PM

Explain this. Compared to a regular breather

ChadG 06-26-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleGreen (Post 6715931)
I'll post a pic of mine when I get it. I'm up to a four week wait now for two of them currently :pout:

Cool look forward to seeing what you think!!!

The Stig 06-27-2013 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colingordon (Post 6721245)
Explain this. Compared to a regular breather

This stops 100% of the clean side oil, where as the old style breather only got most of it.

ChadG 06-27-2013 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So if you're running a Vararam (V6) intake the clean side line gets plugged and you only need the breather cap?

SimpleGreen 06-27-2013 10:05 PM

It replaces your oil cap and connects to the air intake. Its basically the ideal replacement for the current clean side line but stops all oil from passing through. The Rx breather is basically 'better' and this 1LE Separator would be 'Best'.

Monchy36 07-02-2013 04:50 PM

Any pics of this install? Specially on v6, DIY much better...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.