Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   RX 1LE style cleanside separator (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297508)

SC2150 05-24-2013 11:54 AM

RX 1LE style cleanside separator
 
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps1d1f72a8.jpg

Available in chrome or any color the catchcans are.

$79 & $10 S&H

This works with V6 or V8, and replaces the stock oil fill cap and then connects to the intake air tube barb so there is clean side oil separation and flow both ways so a better solution than the breather kit.

:thumbsup:

Twonz360 05-24-2013 09:44 PM

Cool.. too bad I just installed my oil breather 2 hours ago.

Will this require any drilling to the passenger side ?

The Stig 05-24-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twonz360 (Post 6586028)
Cool.. too bad I just installed my oil breather 2 hours ago.

Will this require any drilling to the passenger side ?

It shouldn't - it installs the same as the GM 1LE oil breather (or so I'd think anyway).

kjkjr27 05-24-2013 09:45 PM

Any pics of it installed?

Twonz360 05-24-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjkjr27 (Post 6586036)
Any pics of it installed?

I have the old RX oil breather. Not this new style

menendez1293 05-24-2013 10:09 PM

Curious as well for some pictures installed and if you plan on doing it colors also. And like asked above does this still require the drill of the orfice on the rear valve covers on the LLT

The Stig 05-24-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 6586132)
Curious as well for some pictures installed and if you plan on doing it colors also. And like asked above does this still require the drill of the orfice on the rear valve covers on the LLT

Comes in all the same colors as the RX catch can, and I'll post pics of my install once mine arrives.

SC2150 05-25-2013 12:49 PM

Yes, the drill mod is still a good idea. And yes, this installs the same as the 1LE clean side separator. Requires no other mods. Stig will be testing it for feedback, but they are available now. We compared (and dissected) the GM 1LE and the process is the same. It will collect cleanside oil entering during WOT from reversion, and when the car shuts down it drains out back into the valve train so does not need service or cleaning, and this should have zero chance of anything freezing in winter conditions.

Long term use will determine how well it or the 1LE work, but we were able to source all the components to make these real reasonable so the price makes this affordable. The RX breather still will stop all cleanside ingestion (2-3% of the entire ingestion, dirty side is where most comes from) but this keeps the system closed AND all cleanside air is 100% metered by the MAF and can be used on any FI if routed correctly with no chance of crankcase pressure being an issue as no checkvalves are needed with this design.

:thumbsup:

AKA-22 05-26-2013 09:32 AM

sub

05mbm 05-30-2013 06:58 AM

I couldn't find them on your website....

The Stig 05-30-2013 07:14 AM

Don't believe they've added it to their site yet.

SC2150 05-30-2013 12:19 PM

Not on the site yet...need to do instruction for install as well. You can call direct.

:thumbsup:

Crime2 05-30-2013 08:38 PM

Tracy,

You have them in stock ready to go? If so could you do an install on mine This Saturday?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.

SC2150 05-30-2013 09:22 PM

Yes....just let me know the color.

Crime2 05-30-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC2150 (Post 6610024)
Yes....just let me know the color.

Flat black it possible if not standard black.

What time should I be at the shop on Saturday?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.

SC2150 05-31-2013 11:11 AM

Flat black it is.


Anyone considering this addition, will have simple instructions up shortly and will do pics of this install for all.

:thumbsup:

Crime2 05-31-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC2150 (Post 6611938)
Flat black it is.


Anyone considering this addition, will have simple instructions up shortly and will do pics of this install for all.

:thumbsup:

Perfect, see you at noon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.

Crime2 06-01-2013 07:27 PM

Thanks for the install Tracy! Nice to meet you and thanks for the shop tour. Anyone thinking about doing this, do it. Install is a breeze and for $80 can't go wrong.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/02/qasazy3u.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.

LS3 SS 06-02-2013 12:29 AM

Does anyone know if these will fit over a Roto-Fab Engine cover? I definitely want to pull the trigger but don't want to have fitment issues or have to remove my covers permanently.

The 2010 Sin 06-02-2013 10:09 AM

well shoot i'll sell my current breather if this is a better solution. it will fit with factory engine cover? also will you show a pic of where you said it was plumbed to

SC2150 06-02-2013 11:05 AM

Plumbs into the CAI or stock air box barb that the stock cleanside did. It should fit all engine covers we have seen so far, but not 100% sure.

Very simple mod and yes, more complete solution than our standard checkvalved breather, (but twice the cost). On any boosted build this is a must. Retains 100% of the MAF metered air unlike the breather for NA and top mount SC systems.

:thumbsup:

menendez1293 06-04-2013 08:01 PM

Can this be installed on the LLT and if so do you have any pictures Tracy? I might consider this in the future because as of right now I haven't found any large amount of oil in my clean side.

Also I'm assuming for install you place the Hose onto the orfice on the Rear Valve Cover and then cap the Barb that comes out of the elbow on the intake?

The Stig 06-04-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 6629780)
Can this be installed on the LLT and if so do you have any pictures Tracy? I might consider this in the future because as of right now I haven't found any large amount of oil in my clean side.

Also I'm assuming for install you place the Hose onto the orfice on the Rear Valve Cover and then cap the Barb that comes out of the elbow on the intake?

Yes, don't see why it couldn't be installed on an LLT

menendez1293 06-04-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6629815)
Yes, don't see why it couldn't be installed on an LLT

only reason I ask is because I didn't know if there was a difference in the base that is used to screw into the Oil fill neck or something else. Because I know there is difference between a V6 and V8 breather so just making sure but I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.

The Stig 06-04-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menendez1293 (Post 6629843)
only reason I ask is because I didn't know if there was a difference in the base that is used to screw into the Oil fill neck or something else. Because I know there is difference between a V6 and V8 breather so just making sure but I'm not sure what the difference is between the two.

I believe the difference in the breathers relates to the check valve, not how they screw in - but I could be wrong.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.