Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   WTB: Non-BA Subthump Wiring Harness (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298180)

lscamaro 05-28-2013 03:43 AM

WTB: Non-BA Subthump Wiring Harness
 
I'm looking to buy the subthump harness that was made for non ba cars. Let me know if you have it!

SgtPickles69 05-28-2013 09:59 PM

Thinking about adding a sub?

lscamaro 05-29-2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 (Post 6600871)
Thinking about adding a sub?

Yupp, that's the plan right now

SgtPickles69 05-29-2013 07:44 AM

You don't really need the harness. All you need is a line out converter such as this one. You just simply tap into your rear 6x9s and that's it. I can help you with the install if you want.

lscamaro 05-29-2013 11:48 AM

Thing is I wanted the harness because I'll be installing a 5 channel amp as well. I don't think you can just tap into the rear speaker for that can u?

SgtPickles69 05-29-2013 05:37 PM

I don't think so. :noidea:
Check out this one.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230255

lscamaro 05-29-2013 06:26 PM

Thanks for the link! Pm'd him to see if he still has it! I'm thinking about upgrading my system now that I have a little cash leftover.

SgtPickles69 05-29-2013 08:36 PM

No problem. :thumb: I just installed a sub and wow! I wanna upgrade everything else now. :lol:

lscamaro 05-29-2013 08:40 PM

I'm going to be doing a sub and an amp and see where that gets me..... I do have a set of speakers already picked out though.... :D

SgtPickles69 05-29-2013 08:45 PM

Nice. Are you planning on changing the headunit too?

lscamaro 05-29-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 (Post 6605130)
Nice. Are you planning on changing the headunit too?

Nope, I've heard of too many problems and don't really want to deal with them. I'm also not going for a competition winning system so I think upgrading speakers, adding an amp, and adding a sub will be enough for me... I hope at least :D

SgtPickles69 05-30-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6605471)
Nope, I've heard of too many problems and don't really want to deal with them. I'm also not going for a competition winning system so I think upgrading speakers, adding an amp, and adding a sub will be enough for me... I hope at least :D

Hit me up whenever you get it setup. Would love to hear it in person. :w00t:

lscamaro 05-30-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 (Post 6606186)
Hit me up whenever you get it setup. Would love to hear it in person. :w00t:

Sure thing!

Btw, what sub and amp are you running?

SgtPickles69 05-30-2013 02:16 AM

It's a 10" MTX Thunder 4500 sub with a 400W Hertz amp. I bought the sub and box from Nutro. Definitely a big improvement in bass over stock.

lscamaro 05-31-2013 12:54 AM

That's good to hear, I'm just a little scared that I'll invest in a few quality components and it won't be a big difference

SgtPickles69 05-31-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6610789)
That's good to hear, I'm just a little scared that I'll invest in a few quality components and it won't be a big difference

Personally I think the non-BA sound system sounds good but after adding that single sub, any upgrade will make it sound a hell of a lot better. Off topic, but are you still thinking about going any kind of FI on your car such as NOS?

lscamaro 05-31-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 (Post 6610844)
Personally I think the non-BA sound system sounds good but after adding that single sub, any upgrade will make it sound a hell of a lot better. Off topic, but are you still thinking about going any kind of FI on your car such as NOS?

Yes, I did A LOT of research on it. I will definitely NOT be doing supercharger or turbo. I will be doing nitrous though. Why what's up bud?

SgtPickles69 05-31-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6610851)
Yes, I did A LOT of research on it. I will definitely NOT be doing supercharger or turbo. I will be doing nitrous though. Why what's up bud?

I'm a bit curious as to why not? Tuning issues with LLT? I'm leaning towards going nitrous myself. I would love to see it before pulling the trigger. If I do I'll start off small such as a 50 shot.

lscamaro 05-31-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 (Post 6610870)
I'm a bit curious as to why not? Tuning issues with LLT? I'm leaning towards going nitrous myself. I would love to see it before pulling the trigger. If I do I'll start off small such as a 50 shot.

Yes, I'm definitely starting with a small shot. I pretty much have the kit picked out and everything just want to talk to my installer on certain specific things I want and if they can be done. But I'll probably start at a 50 and run either that or a 75 shot regularly. I'll run a 100 shot if I want that extra umph for something special :D ;)

SgtPickles69 05-31-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6610886)
Yes, I'm definitely starting with a small shot. I pretty much have the kit picked out and everything just want to talk to my installer on certain specific things I want and if they can be done. But I'll probably start at a 50 and run either that or a 75 shot regularly. I'll run a 100 shot if I want that extra umph for something special :D ;)

Sounds great. What kit are you going for? Also, who will be installing it? Personally I wouldn't install it myself since I don't know much about nitrous.

lscamaro 05-31-2013 02:21 AM

I'm going to probably be going with the ny-trex kit. I've looked at almost all the kits out there and what really stands out to me about the ny-trex is the fact that it's made specifically for the v6 so it includes a harness so that you don't have to splice into anything. That's huge to me because I don't want to hack up my factory wiring. I won't be doing the install either. I will actually be getting a member from houston to do it. You can pm me for the info if you'd like.

SgtPickles69 05-31-2013 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6610901)
I'm going to probably be going with the ny-trex kit. I've looked at almost all the kits out there and what really stands out to me about the ny-trex is the fact that it's made specifically for the v6 so it includes a harness so that you don't have to splice into anything. That's huge to me because I don't want to hack up my factory wiring. I won't be doing the install either. I will actually be getting a member from houston to do it. You can pm me for the info if you'd like.

Lets continue this over PM.

lscamaro 06-05-2013 03:41 PM

bump! Still looking for the harness


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.