Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   NEWBIE with an A/C Problem (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299438)

JackGas 06-02-2013 09:49 PM

NEWBIE with an A/C Problem
 
I am posting a new thread because I have searched A/C problems on 2010 2SS and have found many with similar descriptions at first glance, but they are not the same when you get deeper into the problem. Currently my A/C works perfect except on days when the temp is above 85 degrees outside. ON these hot days, the A/C starts out blowing nice and cold and as I sit in traffic and second electric fan kicks on the A/C begins to blow hot air. It continues to blow hot until the second electric fan kicks off, then the A/C starts blowing cold again. I can tell when the A/C clutch disengages, because there is a musty smell as the warm air starts blowing. When I am driving on the interstate at highway speeds, the air moving thru the grill seems to keep the engine bay cool enough that the second fan does not come on and the A/C works fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions? Or does anyone have the A/C wiring schematic? I am starting to think that the second fan is drawing too much current causing the A/C Clutch Relay circuit to loose power, but I can't confirm unless I can get into the circuit and get some readings. Any help you guys can provide would be awesome.

Thanks

JackGas

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-03-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackGas (Post 6620966)
I am posting a new thread because I have searched A/C problems on 2010 2SS and have found many with similar descriptions at first glance, but they are not the same when you get deeper into the problem. Currently my A/C works perfect except on days when the temp is above 85 degrees outside. ON these hot days, the A/C starts out blowing nice and cold and as I sit in traffic and second electric fan kicks on the A/C begins to blow hot air. It continues to blow hot until the second electric fan kicks off, then the A/C starts blowing cold again. I can tell when the A/C clutch disengages, because there is a musty smell as the warm air starts blowing. When I am driving on the interstate at highway speeds, the air moving thru the grill seems to keep the engine bay cool enough that the second fan does not come on and the A/C works fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions? Or does anyone have the A/C wiring schematic? I am starting to think that the second fan is drawing too much current causing the A/C Clutch Relay circuit to loose power, but I can't confirm unless I can get into the circuit and get some readings. Any help you guys can provide would be awesome.

Thanks

JackGas

Hello JackGas,

Truly sorry to hear about the A/C concerns. I know that must be frustrating for you and we're here to help if possible. Feel free to send me a PM and reference this thread if you choose to do so. I look forward to your contact.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

bradshaw 06-04-2013 10:55 AM

Yep, I had the same exact problem, the compressor would cut out and cycle too frequently. I added just a small amount of 134A and it seemed to help out. I no longer experience that problem. I don`t think the fans had anything to do with my problem.

bradshaw 06-04-2013 10:57 AM

Also make sure the recirculate button is on to get maximum cooling.

TexaST-1 06-05-2013 08:31 AM

I had a bad high pressure switch. Replaced that and recharged the system. I have had no issues since.

I had the system level checked twice before I spent the money to replace the switch.

northshore2ss 06-25-2013 05:48 AM

I have the exact same issue,dealer was "unable"to figure out issue last year.Fast forward to this week,were in a heat wave and no AC! Have service app. next week,any suggestions?

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-25-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northshore2ss (Post 6712464)
I have the exact same issue,dealer was "unable"to figure out issue last year.Fast forward to this week,were in a heat wave and no AC! Have service app. next week,any suggestions?


Hello northshore2ss,

Sorry you're having some issues with your A/C currently and especially during a heat wave, our apologies again. I see you are scheduled for a visit soon. Please keep us informed on the outcome of that visit. In the meantime, please private message me your VIN and current mileage. I will investigate for any information I may be able to provide you on this issue as well.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

northshore2ss 06-27-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6714099)
Hello northshore2ss,

Sorry you're having some issues with your A/C currently and especially during a heat wave, our apologies again. I see you are scheduled for a visit soon. Please keep us informed on the outcome of that visit. In the meantime, please private message me your VIN and current mileage. I will investigate for any information I may be able to provide you on this issue as well.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

PM sent.Only seems to be issue when sun is out,and temp over 85.AC works fine at night.Bringing in for warranty service 7/2 and I want to have some "info" for them Thanks!

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-27-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northshore2ss (Post 6722050)
PM sent.Only seems to be issue when sun is out,and temp over 85.AC works fine at night.Bringing in for warranty service 7/2 and I want to have some "info" for them Thanks!


Thanks northshore2ss,

I'll see what information I can provide you for your visit. I will update you in the private message.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

streetjudge79 06-27-2013 10:28 AM

Reggie, I've pm'd you a few times now with no response?

TLSTWIN 06-27-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackGas (Post 6620966)
I am posting a new thread because I have searched A/C problems on 2010 2SS and have found many with similar descriptions at first glance, but they are not the same when you get deeper into the problem. Currently my A/C works perfect except on days when the temp is above 85 degrees outside. ON these hot days, the A/C starts out blowing nice and cold and as I sit in traffic and second electric fan kicks on the A/C begins to blow hot air. It continues to blow hot until the second electric fan kicks off, then the A/C starts blowing cold again. I can tell when the A/C clutch disengages, because there is a musty smell as the warm air starts blowing. When I am driving on the interstate at highway speeds, the air moving thru the grill seems to keep the engine bay cool enough that the second fan does not come on and the A/C works fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue or have any suggestions? Or does anyone have the A/C wiring schematic? I am starting to think that the second fan is drawing too much current causing the A/C Clutch Relay circuit to loose power, but I can't confirm unless I can get into the circuit and get some readings. Any help you guys can provide would be awesome.

Thanks

JackGas

I recently am having a very similar issue. A/C works great while moving. As soon as I stop at a light or stop sign, or just sitting, it starts blowing warmer and warmer air.

What did you find out?

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-28-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetjudge79 (Post 6722791)
Reggie, I've pm'd you a few times now with no response?

Hello streetjudge79,

Sorry, there must be some sort of issue I am not aware of. I sent a response to you two days ago. I also don't have any other pm's from you aside from your initial. No worries, would you mind private messaging me your current issue and status please? I will assist you right away.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-28-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLSTWIN (Post 6725412)
I recently am having a very similar issue. A/C works great while moving. As soon as I stop at a light or stop sign, or just sitting, it starts blowing warmer and warmer air.

What did you find out?


Hello TLSTWIN,

Sorry you are also having an issue with your AC. Have you had the opportunity to speak with your dealer regarding this issue? You are welcome to private message me your VIN and current mileage and I will investigate this further for you.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

streetjudge79 06-28-2013 12:17 PM

PM sent Reggie.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.