Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Kenne bell lineup!! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299466)

ZL1terminator 06-02-2013 11:18 PM

Kenne bell lineup!!
 
So I was just searching and I know that there is a whipple 2.9L kit for our ZL1's but never seen any numbers or anyone do it yet.

Also check this out

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/P.../PriceList.pdf

Kenne bell has ZL1 aftermarket blowers :bow:

I know our stock motors won't tolerate what some of these beasts can push but why hasn't a company built an LSA and slapped a bigger blower on to make a tq/horsepower monster?

Is it just me? Nobody else has looked into this? or scratching there heads as I am?

Wayne

HDRDTD 06-03-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1terminator (Post 6621405)
So I was just searching and I know that there is a whipple 2.9L kit for our ZL1's but never seen any numbers or anyone do it yet.

Also check this out

http://www.kennebell.net/KBWebsite/P.../PriceList.pdf

Kenne bell has ZL1 aftermarket blowers :bow:

I know our stock motors won't tolerate what some of these beasts can push but why hasn't a company built an LSA and slapped a bigger blower on to make a tq/horsepower monster?

Is it just me? Nobody else has looked into this? or scratching there heads as I am?

Wayne

You mean something like what this guy did?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298073

ZL1terminator 06-03-2013 07:06 AM

Nope I seen mad mans work and is crazy impressive, but 427 swaps are nothing new in caddy world or camaro world!

I mean LSA built bottom end bigger blower, keep the factory muscle with more strength so to speak

HDRDTD 06-03-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1terminator (Post 6621920)
Nope I seen mad mans work and is crazy impressive, but 427 swaps are nothing new in caddy world or camaro world!

I mean LSA built bottom end bigger blower, keep the factory muscle with more strength so to speak

fair enough, but you can see that his stock hood ain't gonna fit, so the odds of an aftermarket setup using the stock hood and a bigger SC is going to be tough.

ZL1terminator 06-08-2013 09:58 AM

Oh I hear ya, but then again that's a 4L blower under there on a 427ci as well

I don't think hood clearance would be problem for a moderate blower increase!

Strut tower brace .. Now that may be a different story

NicKey 06-08-2013 11:09 AM

The Stock GM- ZL1 1.9 Blower is very efficient. It responds well to being overdriven. It can push a stock LSA long block very close to it's safe limit.

ZL1terminator 06-08-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickeyChicago (Post 6645325)
The Stock GM- ZL1 1.9 Blower is very efficient. It responds well to being overdriven. It can push a stock LSA long block very close to it's safe limit.

I was told not to overspin it cause of a few issues, heat soak being one!
And I always used 700-720whp as a pretty much max for a LSA stock internals!

But as I seen some of your work I'm not doubting you at all :headbang:!! So I'm pushing 661whp now at about 13 psi! With the works done except porting the blower!

As I was wondering in the range of a 850whp monster which this blower/motor can't handle stock but the crank is super strong, rods and pistons need to be forged! But seems everyone just says " well reached stock LSA limit lets slap 427, or RHS 4**!

Keep the madness coming btw!!:respekt:

ayousef 06-14-2013 08:58 PM

KB doesn't have the best reputation for building efficient blowers, the stock blower is WAAAY more efficient than the KB 2.8 unfortunately. I would have loved to use a KB because its much smaller than the 4.0, but the Whipples are superior in every possible way except packaging.

The Baron 07-08-2013 01:32 AM

How can this kit fit both ls3 and zl1. Pully placement is totally diff..

BeardWS6 07-08-2013 04:29 PM

I make 705rwhp 694trq with a auto with my set-up 2013 ZL1. Love it all day long, stock block and heads.. I might do a set of heads one day and upgrade the fuel system to push 750rwhp if possible. The car runs really good right now I love it!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.