Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Dealer does not have my tire! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300137)

1EvilLE 06-05-2013 07:46 PM

Dealer does not have my tire!
 
:mad0260: Got a nail on my tire, couldn't be patched & dealer doesn't have my tire so i had to leave my car there:cry:

cornerspeed92 06-05-2013 08:01 PM

Yeah same thing happened to me,got a nail in the tire.They dont stock our tires,they have to order them.

Tara Martin 06-05-2013 08:16 PM

That's why the first thing I did after I bought mine was to order and store in my garage one left and one right side tire. Took a week to get em, and I didn't want my DD to be down that long!

Tara

CamaroSpike23 06-05-2013 08:22 PM

first thing I put in the trunk of every car I own

http://www.slime.com/shop/images/295...641556_lrg.jpg

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-05-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1EvilLE (Post 6634094)
:mad0260: Got a nail on my tire, couldn't be patched & dealer doesn't have my tire so i had to leave my car there:cry:

Wow,

Sorry about the flat tire. We certainly hope you are back behind the wheel soon. Please keep us up-to-speed with any updates can you provide.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Tara Martin 06-05-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 6634240)
first thing I put in the trunk of every car I own

http://www.slime.com/shop/images/295...641556_lrg.jpg

Lol! Great minds think alike!:bow: I bought one of those, too...just in case.

Tara

cornerspeed92 06-05-2013 09:00 PM

I have always patched my own tires as well,but if you are going to run these tires at any sustained high speeds.......dont do this!

scubadoo7 06-05-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara Martin (Post 6634217)
That's why the first thing I did after I bought mine was to order and store in my garage one left and one right side tire. Took a week to get em, and I didn't want my DD to be down that long!

Tara

Really good idea Tara.:respekt:

JimE 06-05-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 6634240)
first thing I put in the trunk of every car I own

http://www.slime.com/shop/images/295...641556_lrg.jpg

Quick fix to get you where you are going. But the tires should actually be patched if you intend to keep it.

GearheadSS 06-06-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tara Martin (Post 6634217)
That's why the first thing I did after I bought mine was to order and store in my garage one left and one right side tire. Took a week to get em, and I didn't want my DD to be down that long!

Tara

Don't store them for too long. Rubber hardens over time and old tires are not safe.

So Cal Camaro 06-06-2013 12:28 AM

Given how soft those tires are, I'm sure she'll need them long before they get old...as long as they are within 5 yrs of manufacture date, they are good....

Tara Martin 06-06-2013 12:42 AM

Yes, I'll put them on the ground as soon as the originals wear out, and that won't be too long if I keep on autocrossing. They might get to 10-12 months old max.

Also, as far as tire plugging goes, it's only for emergency roadside repairs, of course! Just enough miles to get to a proper tire shop for a professional patch.

Tara

bw26ss 06-06-2013 12:52 AM

I've had one of those professional patch jobs fail, shredded tire, but i've never had a plug fail on any car, but wouldn't recommend high speeds

CamaroSpike23 06-06-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimE (Post 6634950)
Quick fix to get you where you are going. But the tires should actually be patched if you intend to keep it.

absolutely.

But I'd rather drive on a plugged tire than leave my car at the dealer waiting for a new tire to get ordered.

just sayin.

1EvilLE 06-07-2013 06:36 PM

Well unfortunately I still don't have my car. I was told my car would be ready today but when I showed up to pick it up they gave me the bad news that they got the wrong tire. So now I won't get my car until Monday. This is very disappointing! A wknd without my car :( I don't understand why this dealer won't have my tire considering they have sold plenty of ZL1 and have 3 more on their lot!. I hope I don't ever have to take my car there again for tire issues.

3rdgen3 06-08-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1EvilLE (Post 6642894)
Well unfortunately I still don't have my car. I was told my car would be ready today but when I showed up to pick it up they gave me the bad news that they got the wrong tire. So now I won't get my car until Monday. This is very disappointing! A wknd without my car :( I don't understand why this dealer won't have my tire considering they have sold plenty of ZL1 and have 3 more on their lot!. I hope I don't ever have to take my car there again for tire issues.

"Plenty" is relative, not to mention the ZL1 has a different tire then the 1LE. You think 3 ZL1's is plenty? How many Cruze's are on the same lot? 30?

I know you wanna drive the car, but give it time and you'll have it back! ORRR make them plug the tire you do have in the mean time and drive it until the new proper tire comes in?

GearheadSS 06-08-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1EvilLE (Post 6642894)
Well unfortunately I still don't have my car. I was told my car would be ready today but when I showed up to pick it up they gave me the bad news that they got the wrong tire. So now I won't get my car until Monday. This is very disappointing! A wknd without my car :( I don't understand why this dealer won't have my tire considering they have sold plenty of ZL1 and have 3 more on their lot!. I hope I don't ever have to take my car there again for tire issues.

Dealers normally only stock tires that are fast movers. Mainly because they don't need a set of tires sitting there for months or years taking up $1400 worth of inventory. ZL1s and 1LEs are a low production vehicle. Just because a dealer has or sells a few, doesn't mean that those people will come back within a year to buy tires.

Unfortunately, unless you live in a large metro area, this is just something you're gonna have to deal with. Just one of the downsides of owning a ZL1 or 1LE. I wouldn't really worry that much about it though. When owning one of these cars, the plusses far outweigh this minor negative.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.