Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   DONATION Set Up For The Stig/Stieger/RJ's Totaled Camaro Fund (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300539)

vroomapunk 06-07-2013 02:04 PM

DONATION Set Up For The Stig/Stieger/RJ's Totaled Camaro Fund
 
If you havent heard by now, The Stig's amazing car "Kaylee" has been completely destroyed by a spontaneous fire.

Nearly everyone on C5 knows, has spoken to, or has been helped by RJ, and he is a big part of the C5 family. Obviously, Kaylee was one of the nicest cars on all of C5.


All proceeds go directly to the Stig. It's hooked up to his PayPal email.

It couldnt be easier, even if its just a 1$. C5 has 78,000 members, if just 25% donated one dollar.................

Details / pictures in the Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133607


I did not post a picture, Ill leave that up to Stieger if he wants. Mods, im not aware of any rule against posting up a charity/donation link, etc. Let me know if this should be moved, or if it should be taken down.

Its such crappy time for a C5 mod/member, this is a chance to turn it around as much as possible.

It takes 30 seconds to donate through paypal and help a brother out......


Some vendors have decided to donate parts to replace his mods http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...60#post6690460

Edit:

Lol, In light of all the negative posts, im not forcing you to donate to this, nor am I telling you not to donate to any other worthy charities you want to. Feel free to start your own paypal charity as Ofer did, for a cause that you think is worthy. (I also do not speak for the Stig, just spreading the word)

90503 06-07-2013 02:11 PM

Holy Crap!!!....Hadn't heard....what a bummer....Spontaneous fire?....sheesh...Good luck Stig...

Forte 06-07-2013 02:17 PM

That's too bad...

Good luck Stig, what's the plan for a new one?

dorfmac 06-07-2013 02:41 PM

It's a shame that we as a community ask for donations for this but not for the Oklahoma tornado victims or any other number of "real" problems facing people in our own backyard...

It's a terrible thing to have happen, but if you've got the money to spend 15k on mods in the first place, do you really need donations?

Not trying to be an insensitive, but lets have some perspective here people... Best of luck RJ on getting things squared away.

toesuf94 06-07-2013 02:42 PM

I just left $10 in the collection plate...hope it helps in even the littlest of bits. I will be adding an extinguisher to my car immediately.

2SS 2011 06-07-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6642147)
It's a shame that we as a community ask for donations for this but not for the Oklahoma tornado victims or any other number of "real" problems facing people in our own backyard...

It's a terrible thing to have happen, but if you've got the money to spend 15k on mods in the first place, do you really need donations?

Not trying to be an insensitive, but lets have some perspective here people... Best of luck RJ on getting things squared away.

I agree 100 percent.. While it is a nice gesture it is a bit ridiculous..

Why don't we put up a donation for Oklahoma tornado victims? It's a ****ing car a method of transportation..

90503 06-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6642185)
Well, with all due respect, the red cross has also set up donations for that. They are getting help.

I mean no disrespect to the Oklahoma victims, as I have donated to the red cross for them. And I know what its like to recieve help from hurricane damage from generous people.

I dont see a difference in getting a donation for a tornado hitting your house, a hurricane flooding your street, or a fire taking away your car. Everyone puts their money into different things, etc.

Not arguing, just giving some perspective. I have a few thousand into my car, if it caught on fire today, I wouldnt be able to replace it all. If you want to nitpick, I shouldnt have even bought a camaro, I should have gotten a civic and donated to kids in Africa who have no shelter or food.


Good job...no worries...This is a Car-Forum, not UNICEF...lol....Nothing wrong with helping someone out at all, whatever the circumstances....

dorfmac 06-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6642185)
Not arguing, just giving some perspective. I have a few thousand into my car, if it caught on fire today, I wouldnt be able to replace it all.

I commend your generosity.

When modding our cars, we all know that we will never get back what we put into it. It's a risk we all knowingly take, and its a bummer when the worst-case scenario happens, but by modding we tacitly agree to going out on that ledge.

The major difference I tried to point out is that this is a car, and I'm making an assumption here based on the amount/worth of modifications and he C3 Corvette on the side, but the car of someone who is fairly well-off financially. A distinctly different situation when compared to tornado victims who have lost their homes, and in worse cases, family and friends.

We all work hard for the money we have and it's your right to spend it however you want, so I don't want to give off the impression that I am disparaging anyone's generosity or kindness. This is a great community and its cool to see every one band together - whether I agree with the cause is ultimately besides the point as the fraternity around our shared passion should take center stage. With that said, I'll bow out of the conversation.

Edit: I also commend RJ for his post the other day stating its not about the money donated, it's the fact that people WOULD donate. Whatever you do with the money donated is obviously your call, but I hope whatever you end up doing reflects the above mentality you claim to have.

vroomapunk 06-07-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SS 2011 (Post 6642212)
I agree 100 percent.. While it is a nice gesture it is a bit ridiculous..

Why don't we put up a donation for Oklahoma tornado victims? It's a ****ing car a method of transportation..

Go make one on paypal, i think its free........

NOT URSS 06-07-2013 03:01 PM

man sorry to hear that :(

MyIBMssRS 06-07-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6642147)
It's a shame that we as a community ask for donations for this but not for the Oklahoma tornado victims or any other number of "real" problems facing people in our own backyard...

It's a terrible thing to have happen, but if you've got the money to spend 15k on mods in the first place, do you really need donations?

Not trying to be an insensitive, but lets have some perspective here people... Best of luck RJ on getting things squared away.

Thank you!! I'm glad I didn't have to say it because I wouldn't have been so nice about it.

SeriouslySinning 06-07-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6642147)
It's a shame that we as a community ask for donations for this but not for the Oklahoma tornado victims or any other number of "real" problems facing people in our own backyard...

It's a terrible thing to have happen, but if you've got the money to spend 15k on mods in the first place, do you really need donations?

Not trying to be an insensitive, but lets have some perspective here people... Best of luck RJ on getting things squared away.

Like there arent an abundance of ways to donate to Oklahoma etc... only few places to do a small thing that would mean the world to someone people consider a friend...

Dtrimpi87 06-07-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6642147)
It's a shame that we as a community ask for donations for this but not for the Oklahoma tornado victims or any other number of "real" problems facing people in our own backyard...

It's a terrible thing to have happen, but if you've got the money to spend 15k on mods in the first place, do you really need donations?

Not trying to be an insensitive, but lets have some perspective here people... Best of luck RJ on getting things squared away.

Agreed 100%

RJ is an awesome dude from what I've seen here on the forums. Hope he gets things squared away quickly but common. How many other Camaros have been totaled on this site? If mine gets totaled can I set up a donation page to recoup some funds in my pocket? If this was for something along the lines of the guy on here who's daughter has cancer, which I donated to, that's fine. Anyways, ill end the rant here. Good luck RJ, sorry for your loss it was a beautiful ride.

NoleLife 06-07-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 6642218)
Good job...no worries...This is a Car-Forum, not UNICEF...lol....Nothing wrong with helping someone out at all, whatever the circumstances....

Valid point - and while it's extremely sad and disparaging to hear about some ones passion and pride meeting this end, just ask yourself this. If it was another member who posted 1/2 or 1/4 as much and did not have as huge of a build thread (because they were worse off financially and could not afford those types of modifications) and this happened to them, do you think there would be as large of a rally to donate and help the person out since they aren't as "internet famous"?

I think it's amazing to see people help one of their own out in a hard time, but you have to wonder if the help is going where it should? To some one very well off who has (apparently?) a second car and money to spend on expensive modifications? Or one of the many threads on here where I have seen posters say they had to sell their pride and joy because finances are tight for a period of time or another similar situation. (Mind you, Ive seen several of those already since I joined this past November, and havent seen anyone posting to setup a paypall so they can make their car/insurance payments for a few months until they are back on their feet).

90503 06-07-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6642223)
I commend your generosity.

When modding our cars, we all know that we will never get back what we put into it. It's a risk we all knowingly take, and its a bummer when the worst-case scenario happens, but by modding we tacitly agree to going out on that ledge.

The major difference I tried to point out is that this is a car, and I'm making an assumption here based on the amount/worth of modifications and he C3 Corvette on the side, but the car of someone who is fairly well-off financially. A distinctly different situation when compared to tornado victims who have lost their homes, and in worse cases, family and friends.

We all work hard for the money we have and it's your right to spend it however you want, so I don't want to give off the impression that I am disparaging anyone's generosity or kindness. This is a great community and its cool to see every one band together - whether I agree with the cause is ultimately besides the point as the fraternity around our shared passion should take center stage. With that said, I'll bow out of the conversation.

No worries, brother...Your points are well taken and certainly the gravity of other situations is obviously in another category. But still, if anyone wants to help him out, I don't think they need to feel guilty about it or ashamed. Giving is contagious, and may get the ball rolling for needier causes as well....

SeriouslySinning 06-07-2013 03:10 PM

I dont know why people take the time to post on a thread in a negative way. If you dont want to donate, dont. But dont discourage others from giving to a cause.

Forte 06-07-2013 03:13 PM

Look guys, IMO it's an option of something to donate to. If someone chooses to donate to this cause and not any other cause that is their choice. Who am I to judge someone's choice on their donations? I totally understand your opinion on the tornado victims and I agree, however I am not going to be upset at someone for not donating to any cause or choosing one cause over another.

As another said, we all work hard for our money, what we choose to do with it is up to us and this is just another option of how to spend it.

With that said, the only thing I wish is that people would be more giving, no matter the cause.

vroomapunk 06-07-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 6642259)
No worries, brother...Your points are well taken and certainly the gravity of other situations is obviously in another category. But still, if anyone wants to help him out, I don't think they need to feel guilty about it or ashamed. Giving is contagious, and may get the ball rolling for needier causes as well....

I agree, we can set up a charity a month or something like that, everyone can donate a dollar a month, and it can go to any worth cause or w/e.

Whoops! Sorry if I stirred the pot, i didnt start the paypal charity thing. There's always someone who needs it more. This is one of the causes I felt was worthy of my 10$ this week.

Everyone does whatever they want with their money. A good friend of my family is a millionaire, I still bought him a 50$ christmas present, obviously he could buy that himself. I know thats not the best analogy, but you get it.

MBS 06-07-2013 03:18 PM

I will donate in near future this guy has helped me out numerous times on this site , and his insight is great , Like others said nothing wrong with helping out a guy ! Look at all the things he put out there and saved many hundreds if not thousands .

driyac 06-07-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorfmac (Post 6642223)
I commend your generosity.

When modding our cars, we all know that we will never get back what we put into it. It's a risk we all knowingly take, and its a bummer when the worst-case scenario happens, but by modding we tacitly agree to going out on that ledge.

The major difference I tried to point out is that this is a car, and I'm making an assumption here based on the amount/worth of modifications and he C3 Corvette on the side, but the car of someone who is fairly well-off financially. A distinctly different situation when compared to tornado victims who have lost their homes, and in worse cases, family and friends.

We all work hard for the money we have and it's your right to spend it however you want, so I don't want to give off the impression that I am disparaging anyone's generosity or kindness. This is a great community and its cool to see every one band together - whether I agree with the cause is ultimately besides the point as the fraternity around our shared passion should take center stage. With that said, I'll bow out of the conversation.

Edit: I also commend RJ for his post the other day stating its not about the money donated, it's the fact that people WOULD donate. Whatever you do with the money donated is obviously your call, but I hope whatever you end up doing reflects the above mentality you claim to have.

Since you are playing the I'm better game. Have you donated to the Oklahoma victims? How about Katrina, how about Haiti, how about any of the shooting victims? Come on man be a little bit more mature than you are being right now.

NOT URSS 06-07-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleLife (Post 6642257)
Valid point - and while it's extremely sad and disparaging to hear about some ones passion and pride meeting this end, just ask yourself this. If it was another member who posted 1/2 or 1/4 as much and did not have as huge of a build thread (because they were worse off financially and could not afford those types of modifications) and this happened to them, do you think there would be as large of a rally to donate and help the person out since they aren't as "internet famous"?

I think it's amazing to see people help one of their own out in a hard time, but you have to wonder if the help is going where it should? To some one very well off who has (apparently?) a second car and money to spend on expensive modifications? Or one of the many threads on here where I have seen posters say they had to sell their pride and joy because finances are tight for a period of time or another similar situation. (Mind you, Ive seen several of those already since I joined this past November, and havent seen anyone posting to setup a paypall so they can make their car/insurance payments for a few months until they are back on their feet).


Has a point, I understand each side.. Your money choose what you want to do with it!

vroomapunk 06-07-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ;6642389
Sorry but comparing major tragedies / atrocities to a totaled car is really not a great comparison.

I think we can all agree on that.


Sent from my 2SS/RS

I lost a house and all my possessions in Katrina, obviously losing my car isnt the same as losing my house. But someone donating to me in either of those cases would help me financially, and it feels good to have generous people help you with money, a place to stay, or food, or a freaking greeting card. It also made me more inclined to do the same when people are in a bad spot.

To some people, their car is just as important as their house or apartment, or the sum of all the stuff they have in that apartment.

I wouldnt compare it to losing a loved one. But I dont see a huge difference in damage to a house or to a car. Especially on a car enthusiast site.

toesuf94 06-07-2013 03:50 PM

It is not a debate - donate or don't - your call...I bet you would like us as a community to help you if this happened to your car. I know I would. I donated to a fellow car enthusiast as we are like minded individuals with lots of blood, sweat, tears and funds in our cars. I have an agreed value policy on my car because I know it is the only way I will get what I have out of mine if something like this happened...and I bet I would still not be fully compensated for all I have in it. As a community, this is a cool thing to do.

There are plenty of places accepting money for Tornado victims and Sandy victims alike.

Hurst 06-07-2013 03:57 PM

Oh my... I am fairly new to the forum. That is heart breaking...


SPCBA 06-07-2013 03:58 PM

it is unfortunate that such a nice car got toasted. He is a constant advice giver on this forum and I wish him the best of luck with the next car...what ever he chooses


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.