Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   iPhone 3GS Bluetooth and charging (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30080)

DGordon 06-30-2009 05:37 AM

iPhone 3GS Bluetooth and charging

For us who are lucky enough to have gotten the iPhone 3GS and the God car (2010 camaro) I was wondering if when you plug it in via usb will it charge. Also will the music play wireless via bluetooth.

LadiesMan217 06-30-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGordon (Post 633820)
For us who are lucky enough to have gotten the iPhone 3GS and the God car (2010 camaro) I was wondering if when you plug it in via usb will it charge. Also will the music play wireless via bluetooth.

The iPhone 1st Gen and iPhone 3G do...(charge when plugged in)...so I'm assuming that the 3GS would. Not sure about Bluetooth.

electropop 07-06-2009 08:34 AM

yes the Camaro supports USB charging and Bluetooth streaming audio for the iPhone 3GS

2ssJB 07-06-2009 09:13 AM

I'm sure it will, but I will let you all know, because I just picked up a 3gs this weekend and should get my car this week.

CamaroSS24 07-13-2009 11:49 PM

Yeah, I'm curious about this too because my 3Gs is not being recognized as an iPhone in some of my other toys. This would suck if there are issues, because I really use my iPhone a lot in the car.

SummoneR 07-14-2009 02:05 AM

The Bluetooth streaming is not only avail for the 3GS it works with the 3.0 software update. It's a software thing not hardware.So it works with any v3.0 enabled iPhone.:)

This is great my 3G now works with my bluetooth headphones, which it did not before the update.:headbang:

YOUNGJMUSIC_RS 07-15-2009 12:41 AM

Yes, both the 3GS and 3G iPhone both will charge if you hook them up VIA USB. That's always a kick ass feature to have, so you won't spend any more money purchasing a solo charger.

But... you can stream music VIA Bluetooth? Why wasn't I informed of this?! lol.

SummoneR 07-15-2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOUNGJMUSIC_RS (Post 681514)
Yes, both the 3GS and 3G iPhone both will charge if you hook them up VIA USB. That's always a kick ass feature to have, so you won't spend any more money purchasing a solo charger.

But... you can stream music VIA Bluetooth? Why wasn't I informed of this?! lol.

LOL yup, it came out with the iPhone 3.0 upgrade, check it out! :w00t:

Ant 07-15-2009 11:49 AM

I feel slightly retarded, but exactly is Bluetooth and how does it worth with the iPhone 3GS?

UCF w00t 07-15-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 682584)
I feel slightly retarded, but exactly is Bluetooth and how does it worth with the iPhone 3GS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

Rtoups 07-15-2009 02:35 PM

I had no idea that it charged! Another surprise from the Camaro.

SummoneR 07-15-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtoups (Post 683196)
I had no idea that it charged! Another surprise from the Camaro.

It's pretty common actually. but still very cool!

MB2010CC 07-17-2009 04:42 AM

As previously stated both of those functions work with the 3GS. The only problem I have is that when you plug the iPhone into the USB port and bring up the iPod function it will not give you the iPod controls. It just has a screen that says iPhone Docked or something like that. Anybody else have this problem?

Deeboe 07-17-2009 06:46 AM

just got my phone 3gs yesterday and had no problems with the connection. works fine

Nexus6 07-17-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB2010CC (Post 690074)
As previously stated both of those functions work with the 3GS. The only problem I have is that when you plug the iPhone into the USB port and bring up the iPod function it will not give you the iPod controls. It just has a screen that says iPhone Docked or something like that. Anybody else have this problem?

That is not a problem.It is working the way it is supposed to work.

SummoneR 07-17-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB2010CC (Post 690074)

My iPhone and iPod do this with any accesory I plug them into. With the one exception of the aftermarket Pioneer I have in my FJ I can set the option for control to the deck or the phone (which still allows me to change tracks and adjust volume through the deck still, but navigating your music much fast on the iPhone rather than scrolling the long way with the deck). Either way I still have access to the rest of the features on the phone. Also, I do believe if your streaming audio via Bluetooth, you won't have the problem witth the accessory connected screen At least I don't when I connect to my other utooh accessories like wireless headphones.

Lord Grey 08-16-2009 11:19 AM

Not trying to necropost or anything, but.... Does anyone know if the Camaro cuts off the power to the USB port after the car is cut off? I'm wondering if leaving an iPod attached via USB will cause a (car) battery drain or not. Does anyone know?

MEDISIN 08-16-2009 11:40 AM

AT&T Navigator also works over Bluetooth. You can even play music while you navigate. Whenever the navigation voice prompts come on over the car speakers it just pauses your music then resumes once the nav prompt is over. Pretty cool feature.

BrandonGoodman 08-16-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Grey (Post 804334)
Not trying to necropost or anything, but.... Does anyone know if the Camaro cuts off the power to the USB port after the car is cut off? I'm wondering if leaving an iPod attached via USB will cause a (car) battery drain or not. Does anyone know?

I believe there is no power to the USB port when the car is not running. I leave my ipod permanently connected in my car.

Lord Grey 08-16-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrandonGoodman (Post 804453)
I believe there is no power to the USB port when the car is not running. I leave my ipod permanently connected in my car.

Great, thanks!

Camaro400 08-16-2009 01:20 PM

FYI...when the iPhone3Gs gets the 3.1 update, we will be able to use the voice control feature of the iPhone through the Bluetooth of the car! We won't have to create voice tags anymore. Just speak the persons name and the car will use the voice control of the phone and call that person via Bluetooth. The update is supposed to be out within the next 4 weeks. That will be cool!

BrandonGoodman 08-17-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro400 (Post 804591)
FYI...when the iPhone3Gs gets the 3.1 update, we will be able to use the voice control feature of the iPhone through the Bluetooth of the car! We won't have to create voice tags anymore. Just speak the persons name and the car will use the voice control of the phone and call that person via Bluetooth. The update is supposed to be out within the next 4 weeks. That will be cool!

I believe this voice control functionality will only be available to 3GS owners. So don't get your hopes up 2G & 3G iPhone owners :mad0260:

Jody89c 08-26-2009 11:30 AM

Can anyone offer some help to a rookie? I paired my Iphone 3Gs with my 2010 Camaro (I love this car), but I can't get it to play my music over the Bluetooth connection...Do I need to enable this feature somehow? The phone works great, but in order to play music - it needs to be plugged into the USB. I called the GM support line and they said that it is not possible, but it looks like some people on here were able to do it.......

Thanks!~

hollywoodjose 08-26-2009 05:32 PM

i havent tryed synching it through bluetooth so that if someone calls i can answer from the steering wheel has anyone done that yet?
i got the 3gs btw

codeman71 08-27-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jody89c (Post 845980)
Can anyone offer some help to a rookie? I paired my Iphone 3Gs with my 2010 Camaro (I love this car), but I can't get it to play my music over the Bluetooth connection...Do I need to enable this feature somehow? The phone works great, but in order to play music - it needs to be plugged into the USB. I called the GM support line and they said that it is not possible, but it looks like some people on here were able to do it.......

Thanks!~

Yeah it's def. possible. I don't know why our support line would tell you otherwise. This is our first car that does support this, so they're probably just very used to telling people it's not possible and moving on to the next caller. Hopefully we'll get that fixed soon.

So, to set it up, you get to the Aux input (it'll probably say Aux Jack Out) and then press the menu button. The Bluetooth menu will come up and then go to add device and follow the screens to get it set up. The BT interface isn't quite as nice as the USB one, but you don't have to plug in anything, which is nice. Over BT, you don't get to see any metadata or get to choose your songs. With other devices you can skip forward and backward tracks, but Apple hasn't supported that feature just yet over BT. I would imagine that in a future software version they would add this in.

I'd love to hear your feedback on this once you get it set up.