Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Exhaust Upgrades - Advice/Suggestions Needed (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301116)

Danimal 06-10-2013 02:35 PM

Exhaust Upgrades - Advice/Suggestions Needed

OK, so the next item that I am looking to do is to improve the sound, performance and potentially the look of my LS3 exhaust...

#1 Please recommend a Cat-Back - Not overly aggressive but an increase from stock...

#2 If I also change my headers will that void my warranty?

I was think of Kooks headers if it does void the warranty, but undecided on an exhaust package... I like low grumbling tones, not interested in highs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

snaphappy 06-11-2013 02:16 AM

I got the solo performance axle back with j pipes. No drone. Easy install. I personally love the sound. I put a video on YouTube of the before and after. Can't comment on the catback sorry

CamaroRunsDeep 06-11-2013 10:25 AM

100% agree!

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaphappy (Post 6655848)
I got the solo performance axle back with j pipes. No drone. Easy install. I personally love the sound. I put a video on YouTube of the before and after. Can't comment on the catback sorry

Its the only way to go. I had the Borla and it was a drone nightmare. Could not drive the car until I changed over to Solo. Also they are great people to deal with!

LessSinister 06-11-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroRunsDeep (Post 6656664)
Its the only way to go. I had the Borla and it was a drone nightmare. Could not drive the car until I changed over to Solo. Also they are great people to deal with!

Solo FTW!:headbang:

DRKS1D3 06-11-2013 11:56 AM

I have FlowMaster Force II's on my car. They sound great! Headers will void your warranty because you'll have to tune out the code they'll throw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMh7WZBpTTY

hawk02 06-11-2013 01:33 PM

Got to give another thumbs up for the Solo Mach-XC cat back. Had it on my '12 SS and thought it was a perfect match for the convertible. It gave a nice throaty growl at startup and during acceleration but was nice and well behaved when cruising.

dynosteve 06-11-2013 01:41 PM

we have found on the dyno and road testing that the Magnaflow and the Dynatech Sound about the Best

RolltideSS 06-11-2013 04:12 PM

Can always get the solo j-pipes put on just about any catback. That is what I will be doing to my borla s type which sounds great outside of the drone range

SS PANTHER 06-12-2013 03:32 AM

Would the 2013 factory dual mode system that comes on the SS convertible M6 cars swap over on to an L99 convertible without modifications?

hworth18 06-12-2013 07:08 AM

Any change you make to the exhaust will void the warranty of that part of the exhaust. If you put new mufflers on, it'll void that part but shouldn't affect the convertors and so on. If you do a full swap to headers it'll void the exhaust warranty but shouldn't affect the drivetrain warranty.

I went with an axle-back exhaust and couldn't be happier on my RS.

meSSohappy 06-12-2013 07:42 PM

Just ordered a complete ARH with LT headers, hi flow cats and 3" exhaust back to the axle with their 2.5 " axle back kit....cant wait to get it. Have some buddies with it and no drone !!

Top Off 06-12-2013 08:10 PM

Exhaust sound is very subjective. Best bet it to listen to a bunch of video clips, find some you like. Then find some local members who have that exhaust listen to it. Headers by themselves could void your exhaust warranty. A tune which is pretty much required for almost all long tubes can void your powertrain warranty. I promised my wife to keep the warranty for 2years. That is why I am having my BBK shorty headers, Solo high flow cats, and GHL catback installed tomorrow. Headers will help give the exhaust a deeper sound. You mentioned Kooks. They do make a long tube and "green" cat combo that has been said to not require a tune. They are not inexpensive though.

Chris82xx 06-12-2013 08:51 PM

Aside from what has already been said about the warranty, I did ARH headers and a the Borla full 3", exhaust. The sound is more aggressive but not too much. It would be similar to the S-Type, but with a nice rumble.

Bcarr 06-12-2013 09:13 PM

Stainless Works Retro Chambered Cat Back Exhaust. I love mine!

gearheads78 07-17-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bcarr (Post 6663715)
Stainless Works Retro Chambered Cat Back Exhaust. I love mine!

Does it work with the vert braces or did you have to remove them?

gen=5 09-16-2013 09:20 PM

I found this when i was looking on fastlanes web site

Granatelli Motorsports #500063
Fits 2010-2012 Camaros
Direct OEM replacement, won't void your factory warranty
Adds significant horsepower while improving mileage and throttle response
Straight thru design insures maximum flow but still no obnoxious sound or drone
T-304 stainless steel
Polished 4” tips with rolled edges
100% complete, bolts-on in about 1-hour with no welding
I would also install a set of long tubes if you want to get a decent gain out of it
hope it helps