Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Street Outlaws? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301287)

E.T. 06-11-2013 10:09 AM

Street Outlaws?
 
Anyone see this show last night? I guess it's new or something. I just saw the beginning, but some of those cars were putting down some crazy power. Seems kind of irresponsible to put a show about illegal street racing on TV, though.:der:

Silverlsinva 06-11-2013 01:29 PM

I saw it too and thought about creating a thread about it here but since it is illegal street racing I wasn't sure if the mods would approve. Oh and their claim the fast streetcars in America is annoying cause they aren't driving their cars all the time and they come on trailers as well so to me that isn't a streetcar. But the cars seem fast I will say so props to them for spending most of their money to risk it all when the cops.

E.T. 06-11-2013 01:49 PM

Yeah, I googled this and came across a thread on the LS1 site and a few others. People seemed to be saying the same thing i.e. they're just taking drag cars and racing them on the street. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. Why not just keep it at the track and make a show about that. It could still be a reality show, but maybe wouldn't draw the same ratings?

I wasn't sure if it'd be an OK topic for C5, but figured since we're talking about a TV show and not ourselves in actual street races, it'd wouldn't be against the rules. Moderators, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

ron10 06-11-2013 01:59 PM

guess they don't have any drag strips in oklahoma.they do run for serious money.

okyankee 06-11-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron10 (Post 6657560)
guess they don't have any drag strips in oklahoma.they do run for serious money.

we have one called thunder valley. not sure why my fellow okies don't use it. I work two minutes or less from the chuck guy that has the white mustang and big mouth. haha

tc Bosnian 06-11-2013 08:39 PM

I loved the cars but show its self sucked! Staged.

Supercharged SS 06-11-2013 08:41 PM

Those cars were hacked together and slow. The fact that they kept saying the countries fastest street cars is a joke.

Firerader 06-11-2013 08:47 PM

I have known one of these guys for years. Only a couple of the cars are trailor queens. I promise it's not staged.

okyankee 06-11-2013 10:05 PM

the opening race scene said something like undisclosed public road. the yellow and black center I have only seen on a airport tarmac. then later, they are at a tarmac. bad editing or staged show? either way its cool to see the local stuff on tv.

MikeSVX 06-12-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 6657517)
Yeah, I googled this and came across a thread on the LS1 site and a few others. People seemed to be saying the same thing i.e. they're just taking drag cars and racing them on the street. Seems like a pretty stupid idea to me. Why not just keep it at the track and make a show about that. It could still be a reality show, but maybe wouldn't draw the same ratings?

I wasn't sure if it'd be an OK topic for C5, but figured since we're talking about a TV show and not ourselves in actual street races, it'd wouldn't be against the rules. Moderators, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.


They did. It was called "Pinks". lol

DuskSS 06-12-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.T. (Post 6656615)
Anyone see this show last night? I guess it's new or something. I just saw the beginning, but some of those cars were putting down some crazy power. Seems kind of irresponsible to put a show about illegal street racing on TV, though.:der:

garbage TV glorifying asshats that are too stupid to go to the track.

Can't believe someone at Discovery would sign off on this.

That idiot with the mustang flat said his family goes hungry and the roof over their head goes in jeopardy to fund his car..
his car comes first? WTF why would you put tools like this on TV..
gives ALL of us car guys a bad name.

PHXLT1 06-12-2013 09:51 PM

You there's a word for someone doing something illegal and putting it on video.......its called evidence!

2Carats 06-12-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okyankee (Post 6659568)
the opening race scene said something like undisclosed public road. the yellow and black center I have only seen on a airport tarmac. then later, they are at a tarmac. bad editing or staged show? either way its cool to see the local stuff on tv.

I caught this today, and um yeah! What public road is gonna have all that dayum lighting when you are street racing? And it was evident it was an airport tarmac. Some of the cars were nice... but this show should have been on TrueTV with the other staged shows IMO.

Mind controlled by Cerebro

DuskSS 06-13-2013 09:01 AM

if you watched the guy in charge flat said they were getting to use a taxiway with permission.

Not fake and thats the problem I personally have with it.
99% of the time these guys are on the streets.
These guys are well known and real and not actors.

My problem is the street racing.. and the fact that they keep claiming these are the fastest cars on the street anywhere..

The fact that none of these cars except farmtruck is even semi street legal and they are all flat trailer queen race cars yet they still think they are street cars.

8 second 100% complete and functional interior and tagged/registered cars on the strip get my respect.. these assclowns dragging gutted race cars on the street do not.

Badbubba 06-13-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Carats (Post 6664025)
I caught this today, and um yeah! What public road is gonna have all that dayum lighting when you are street racing? And it was evident it was an airport tarmac. Some of the cars were nice... but this show should have been on TrueTV with the other staged shows IMO.

Mind controlled by Cerebro

Not defending the show, but they did state they secured a strip at an airport for the venue for 3 hrs.

steveo9043 06-13-2013 09:22 AM

Fastest street cars? I don't think so....

I think the show would of been better if it went across the country to events like RSD at Great lakes and filmed.

but I still will watch! GO FARM TRUCK! get rid of AZN!

PsychoRS 06-13-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXLT1 (Post 6663917)
You there's a word for someone doing something illegal and putting it on video.......its called evidence!

:word:

I think the same thing about the show Moonshiners, even though I heard or read somewhere that they're just hauling water in the bottles rather than real moonshine! :rolleyes:

PsychoRS 06-13-2013 09:38 AM

Holy multi-post batman!

okyankee 06-13-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6665169)
if you watched the guy in charge flat said they were getting to use a taxiway with permission.

Not fake and thats the problem I personally have with it.
99% of the time these guys are on the streets.
These guys are well known and real and not actors.

My problem is the street racing.. and the fact that they keep claiming these are the fastest cars on the street anywhere..

The fact that none of these cars except farmtruck is even semi street legal and they are all flat trailer queen race cars yet they still think they are street cars.

8 second 100% complete and functional interior and tagged/registered cars on the strip get my respect.. these assclowns dragging gutted race cars on the street do not.

the racemaster guy did say that later on. but the opening shot said undisclosed public road. and then later it was the airport. maybe some editing was messed up or they just messed up. :)

E.T. 06-13-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXLT1 (Post 6663917)
You there's a word for someone doing something illegal and putting it on video.......its called evidence!


All these "shows" about people doing illegal stuff are somewhat interesting, but you raise a good point. Can't some attorney just subpoena the whole show as evidence? I mean, how do you deny you were making moonshine, or racing cars or whatever, when a whole television series was aired?:noidea:

Angrybird 12 06-13-2013 09:23 PM

It's not just the illegal activity that bothers me its the message they are sending out to impressionable teenagers. It's sad that the one dad said about his son getting into street racing was he couldn't say anything because he does it.

We had a similar situation here a few years back when a 18 year old had a Mustang that was built by his drag racing father for him that got into a street race with a Viper. They topped a hill and the mustang rear ended a CRV that burst into flames Killing one girl and seriously burning the other girl. The boy only got two years for the crime.

AmericanMuscleCars 06-13-2013 11:36 PM

I saw it. Looked staged. Kind of an interesting show though. I guess it's just because of the continual suspense of them possibly getting caught and thrown into jail.

Dznts 06-14-2013 08:30 AM

watched about 5 seconds of it, and turned it.

DuskSS 06-14-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars (Post 6668460)
I saw it. Looked staged. Kind of an interesting show though. I guess it's just because of the continual suspense of them possibly getting caught and thrown into jail.

Unfortunately not staged I would not have such a big issue with it if it was.
These guys are well known down here and while street racing asshats they are legit.
I have an issue with discovery making them into heroes and telling the world that street racing is ok by proxy regardless of the disclaimers



Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

TRC-SS 06-14-2013 10:06 AM

Ive actually seen that farm truck on several videos online and youtube.

Its a legit truck.

Im sure street racing is big there and that part is real but this is reality TV something in this show is a bit "exaggerated".

I will continue to watch



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.