Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   ZL1 Wheels/Tires (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Does your ZL1 sit to high in the front?? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301710)

axnhose 06-13-2013 02:25 PM

Does your ZL1 sit to high in the front??
 
Wondering how I can get the front of my ZL1 to sit just a little lower. I know altering the height affects the magnetic shocks, so how do I lower it even 1/2 inch without screwing up the ride?

KKreme15 06-13-2013 03:01 PM

i think pedders has a lowering kit that won't mess with the ride height sensors

HDRDTD 06-13-2013 03:12 PM

Be carefull just how much ground clearance you end up with. If you still have the front winglets on the car, they hang down another 1 1/2 below the already low chin splitter.

Apex Motorsports 06-13-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axnhose (Post 6666252)
Wondering how I can get the front of my ZL1 to sit just a little lower. I know altering the height affects the magnetic shocks, so how do I lower it even 1/2 inch without screwing up the ride?

You can use Pfadt lowering springs without any problems. We put a buddies ZL1 on them a few weeks ago and it looks great.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...44846859_n.jpg

Z51Stingray 06-25-2013 12:20 PM

Are the transport spacers still in the front springs? They should have been removed before delivery and put inside the glovebox for you.

If they are, jack it up and pull them out. This drops the front a good inch.

kmthor00 06-25-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallySportRand (Post 6713441)
Are the transport spacers still in the front springs? They should have been removed before delivery and put inside the glovebox for you.

If they are, jack it up and pull them out. This drops the front a good inch.

This has been reported on here a lot lately! Ask me how I know?

Z51Stingray 06-25-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmthor00 (Post 6713730)
This has been reported on here a lot lately! Ask me how I know?

OK, how do you know? :D

kmthor00 06-25-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallySportRand (Post 6713769)
OK, how do you know? :D

Car was sitting high I thought, ride was not bad really, researched on this site, went out to garage & found bright yellow spacers still installed!

axnhose 06-25-2013 10:59 PM

Thanks kmthor00!!

That's what I was hoping to hear from someone on this site. I'm gonna go check it out and let you know.

Stay tuned!!



axnhose 06-27-2013 01:08 AM

Yellow spacer
 
1 Attachment(s)
I just got done removing the front wheel and took a good look at my front spring. I did not notice a yellow spacer in the spring so the dealer must have removed them. I also did not see them in my glove box either, so they must have kept them as well. I did notice a yellow rubber spacer at the very top of the spring, but it appears that is not removable.

Any other ideas on how to lower the front of the car without altering the ride, or affecting the magnetic shocks?

kmthor00 06-27-2013 10:53 AM

Yours have been taken out, I would ask dealer for a set in case you ever have to tow/ship the car. I have read instances on here where dealer threw them out & had to replace. As for ride height now, sorry I can't help. Good luck,

Matt@510 06-27-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axnhose (Post 6721746)
I just got done removing the front wheel and took a good look at my front spring. I did not notice a yellow spacer in the spring so the dealer must have removed them. I also did not see them in my glove box either, so they must have kept them as well. I did notice a yellow rubber spacer at the very top of the spring, but it appears that is not removable.

Any other ideas on how to lower the front of the car without altering the ride, or affecting the magnetic shocks?


The Pfadt lowering springs work great. they dont affect the shocks. the ride does not become harsh and ultra rigid. very good way to go to make the car handle a little better and look alot better.

axnhose 06-27-2013 10:11 PM

Matt at 510,
I think I will try the lowered springs, and see how they look. Is the install difficult, and what is involved?

Matt@510 06-28-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axnhose (Post 6725562)
Matt at 510,
I think I will try the lowered springs, and see how they look. Is the install difficult, and what is involved?


install is fairly simple, dosnt really require any special tools. you will probably want to take the front struts to a shop to have them safely remove and install the new springs (most places about $50)

all in all a 6 pack and a few hours no problem to change out all four springs.

of course alot quicker if you have access to a lift.

axnhose 06-29-2013 06:57 PM

Matt, the price you gave me, was that for the set of 4 springs, delivered? If so, I want them, so get them ready. I will give you a call on Monday.

Thanks

Matt@510 07-01-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axnhose (Post 6732710)
Matt, the price you gave me, was that for the set of 4 springs, delivered? If so, I want them, so get them ready. I will give you a call on Monday.

Thanks

yes that is all four springs shipped to your door.

just call me when your ready , thank you.

69NMYSS 07-02-2013 01:41 AM

Yup, I have Pfadt springs on all 4 corners. No prob with mag ride, handles great, and have not scrapped once since installed.

axnhose 07-02-2013 03:51 PM

Cool, just bought the Pfadt springs from Matt at 510. Cant wait to get them in, so I can get them in!!! Thanks again Matt!!

CS99 07-03-2013 12:46 AM

Is an alignment required after install of lowering springs?

Matt@510 07-03-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS99 (Post 6745715)
Is an alignment required after install of lowering springs?

any time you alter suspension components a alignment is highly recommended.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.