Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Beige or Black leather? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301864)

Kleeeb 06-14-2013 10:28 AM

Beige or Black leather?

Man, as soon as I thought I was finished asking questions, another arose. You can read my other threads to put together my 'current' configuration of my 2013 2LT/RS, but another question popped in my head... LEATHER!?

I like the sportiness of black, but the beige interior adds a sense of class and spaciousness. Black would be easier to maintain and show less wear, but beige is beautiful on its own. Another thing is, since I live in Texas, this time of the year it commonly gets above 100 degrees during the day. Beige seems like a cooler choice... I don't know!!

I guess it comes down to personal opinion, but I would like to know what you guys think! If you have any pictures of your leather interior, attach pictures. I love pictures!

vroomapunk 06-14-2013 10:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love the beige! So much more than any black leather interior Ive had.

Black starts to look old and dirty fast, it also offers no contrast, the entire interior is black and you get no detail on anything.

Here are some pics. Its a really light beige.

Scooter11 06-14-2013 10:31 AM

I would go Beige, but I wouldn't get it on a black car. If you go beige do SW :thumbup:

Kleeeb 06-14-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter11 (Post 6669593)
I would go Beige, but I wouldn't get it on a black car. If you go beige do SW :thumbup:

Its Ashen Gray Metallic.

vroomapunk 06-14-2013 10:40 AM

Thats the thing about a black or dark gray, any interior goes with it, black, gray, IOM, beige, etc.

I didnt get gray, because it makes the carpet and other stuff dark grey instead of black. I would have had a hard time choosing between gray and beige, if it would have been gray/black instead of gray/dark gray.

Beige keeps everything else black.

But I do agree with scooter, beige and summit white probabaly looks amazing.

Kleeeb 06-14-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6669617)
Thats the thing about a black or dark gray, any interior goes with it, black, gray, IOM, beige, etc.

I didnt get gray, because it makes the carpet and other stuff dark grey instead of black. I would have had a hard time choosing between gray and beige, if it would have been gray/black instead of gray/dark gray.

Beige keeps everything else black.

But I do agree with scooter, beige and summit white probabaly looks amazing.

That is why I don't want grey... I want the carpets and headliner to stay black... I just don't know which to choose! Soooo......? what do you think? :noidea:

AZCamaroFan 06-14-2013 10:47 AM

it's hard to say. beige isn't seen as often. black probably easier to resell.

SPCBA 06-14-2013 10:54 AM

the beige is pretty snazzy.... but i am to dirty for light color interiors.

suzook 06-14-2013 10:55 AM

How about Mohave? I have it and love it!

vroomapunk 06-14-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleeeb (Post 6669628)
That is why I don't want grey... I want the carpets and headliner to stay black... I just don't know which to choose! Soooo......? what do you think? :noidea:

I have beige, thats my interior above. So im gonna go with beige.

Its really rare, and black is the most common, so the poll is definitely gonna be towards black.

I wouldnt go off of the poll, look at pictures, and peoples opinions

ECCamaro 06-14-2013 11:27 AM

I have the beige, the same as Vroomapunk. I think that it is great! I have had beige in four of the nine vehicles I have owned in my life. The others had black or grey. I like the beige because it is cooler in the summer. It does show more dirt, however, you can keep it clean by doing more frequent cleanings. Works for me.

meissen 06-14-2013 11:50 AM

I voted black because I was having a brain fart and thought it was black or tan. When I realized it was beige, meh -- both look great. As long as you don't go with a brown or tan. :yuck:

Kleeeb 06-14-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ECCamaro (Post 6669797)
I have the beige, the same as Vroomapunk. I think that it is great! I have had beige in four of the nine vehicles I have owned in my life. The others had black or grey. I like the beige because it is cooler in the summer. It does show more dirt, however, you can keep it clean by doing more frequent cleanings. Works for me.

I will definitely be cleaning a lot, no matter what color interior I choose. :)

Kleeeb 06-14-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroomapunk (Post 6669693)
I have beige, thats my interior above. So im gonna go with beige.

Its really rare, and black is the most common, so the poll is definitely gonna be towards black.

I wouldnt go off of the poll, look at pictures, and peoples opinions

I understand. I guess i will really be able to tell when I get to the dealership. the thing is, I don't know if I will be able to find a camaro with what I want with beige interior. I guess if it works out, it works out, but if it doesn't, than oh well! It's still a camaro!

firehawk1 06-14-2013 03:35 PM

Interior color

I have the gray interior with a SIM 2010SS. I was originally concerned that it wouldn't look good with the gray carpet but it goes great with the rest of the interior. The gray makes the interior look larger. I am really happy with the choice. An all black interior makes the interior look too dark. Good luck with your choice.

Nutro 06-14-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzook (Post 6669672)

If I keep my car, I am going to switch all my leather over to Mojave as well.

skipinminn 06-14-2013 03:57 PM

YEA Mohave ^5

Kleeeb 06-14-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutro (Post 6670872)
If I keep my car, I am going to switch all my leather over to Mojave as well.

Did you get a quote for your car repairs or a new one yet? That really does suck what happened to you. Hope it all works out... :cry:

Kleeeb 06-14-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzook (Post 6669672)

The mohave comes with that special package.. that midnight blue whatever. I am not willing to replace all the leather seats when I get my car...

jeffswhitess 06-14-2013 04:35 PM

Beige anybody can do black. Most all cars have black or gray interiors. Step out of the box!! Just my .2! I have Beige and love it.At cars shows people ask if I had it done.I tell them it came that way and it blow them away!

invaderzim 06-14-2013 05:16 PM

Black. With red, white and blue stitching. :cool:

CrtRS13 06-14-2013 05:33 PM

Go beige. I've had mostly black interiors until now and I love the beige. It's like having. A 2 tone interior.

PalmerGA 06-14-2013 05:34 PM

Beige

oklapike 06-14-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invaderzim (Post 6671207)
Black. With red, white and blue stitching. :cool:

I don't think he can get that combo anymore (at least not factory). ;)

Before I bought my 45th, I test drove a 2010 SS in RJT with a beige interior and CGM rally stripes. That was a really nice color combo, but it didn't hold a candle to the 45th. My personal thought is beige interior with a darker red exterior...maybe black or blue. Other colors, not so much.

Kleeeb 06-14-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oklapike (Post 6671279)
I don't think he can get that combo anymore (at least not factory). ;)

Before I bought my 45th, I test drove a 2010 SS in RJT with a beige interior and CGM rally stripes. That was a really nice color combo, but it didn't hold a candle to the 45th. My personal thought is beige interior with a darker red exterior...maybe black or blue. Other colors, not so much.

You don't think with AGM?