Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Mod money blues...... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302216)

Rhyder 06-16-2013 04:14 PM

The Mod money blues......
 
So I'm going through an unusual period of being tapped out in the Mod money account.


Just curious how others fight the Mod money blues? I see all this neat stuff and I don't have any cash for a couple weeks....its driving me crazy......


:cry:

Apex Motorsports 06-16-2013 04:28 PM

Just go to the bank and make a "withdrawal".

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/20...b__430x321.jpg

Mutant Racer 06-16-2013 05:43 PM

There are a few things you can do.

Loose change Monopoly! Find a big jar and keep it in your bedroom. Everyday when you come home from work or hanging out with friends drop whatever loose change you have into the jar. When the jar fills up bring it to the bank and cash it out. I always come away with $400+ when my jar is full. Sometimes it takes 8 months or even a year and a 1/2 but it is a smart thing to do.

Let's see what can you buy for mods with $400? Well just to name a few...

Pfadt lowering springs. http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/179

Engine Mounts. http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/178

Sway Bars. http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/176


Re-examine your expenses! How much does alcohol cost you every year? Or eating out? How about cigarettes? Sit down one night and do the math. I was spending $3-$4k every year on smokes. Quitting puts that money back into my pocket and I could go crazy with that cash on mods. Those are just examples but the point is to whittle away on expenses so you can free up your money.

If you can make some smart choices and be patient you can better use the money you already made instead of struggling to generate more.

Another way would be a second job over the summer wouldn't hurt or something on the side over the weekends if you don't mind losing that free time.

That's how I deal with Mod Blues. I start looking for ways to make things happen.

PHXLT1 06-16-2013 07:49 PM

I feel your pain. It seems everytime I get a little money to do something to the car something else happens and there goes my mula for any future mods. Example? Had some money set aside for a head cam package then had a dentist appointment and need some work done and the price is close to the money I saved for my cam/heads package. Damn I was so close.

camarohwk23 06-16-2013 07:52 PM

I feel your pain as well. I feel pretty good with where my car is at, as far as exterior modifications go. Now it's time for the engine to get beefed up and that's where the real cost comes in. Need to save about $10,000 for a supercharger, cam, heads, cats and tune. That will take me about two years.

Rhyder 06-16-2013 07:52 PM

ya I usually have a bit set aside, but Ive been rather active on mods this month, nothing huge but bits add up, now the pot doesn't get refreshed till next payday and I'm not used to not having at least a couple $100 set aside....

I guess the good thing is the fact you had it set aside meant you had it for your teeth/mouth.....your health should come first, though I wonder about some of the car owners Ive known :)

keving2873 06-16-2013 08:07 PM

Oh man... I know the pain well. I am pretty much only allowed one mod a year. Last year was a cam, this year I am hoping to get my new wheels/tires and brakes powdercoated. Granted these are all somewhat expensive mods, which means I am saving up all year to get them. I try and just think about other things as long as possible. Sometimes I can't come on the forum because if makes the pain worse...

Rhyder 06-16-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keving2873 (Post 6677893)
Oh man... I know the pain well. I am pretty much only allowed one mod a year. Last year was a cam, this year I am hoping to get my new wheels/tires and brakes powdercoated. Granted these are all somewhat expensive mods, which means I am saving up all year to get them. I try and just think about other things as long as possible. Sometimes I can't come on the forum because if makes the pain worse...

I know right? But I cant help the addiction.....first place I go is the for sale section...now I know I don't have cash for a few weeks, but I cant stop myself form looking...and I regret it most of the time :)

FireCracker 06-16-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6678049)
I know right? But I cant help the addiction.....first place I go is the for sale section...now I know I don't have cash for a few weeks, but I cant stop myself form looking...and I regret it most of the time :)

You sir, sound like a woman in a shoe store :lol:

You should make a "wish list" :iono: that way you can look at stuff and eventually get it :D

CHMSC 06-16-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireCracker (Post 6678071)
You sir, sound like a woman in a shoe store :lol:

You should make a "wish list" :iono: that way you can look at stuff and eventually get it :D

:sm0:


Ya a lot of us are in the same situation. Hang in there and you will be able t buy something soon.

Rhyder 06-16-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireCracker (Post 6678071)
You sir, sound like a woman in a shoe store :lol:

You should make a "wish list" :iono: that way you can look at stuff and eventually get it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA

FireCracker 06-16-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6678088)

Errrr..... At work can't see youtube, sorry!

But now I wanna know.. What is it? lol

Rhyder 06-16-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireCracker (Post 6678098)
Errrr..... At work can't see youtube, sorry!

But now I wanna know.. What is it? lol

one of the funniest videos of all time :)

FireCracker 06-16-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6678108)
one of the funniest videos of all time :)

Lol that's a terrible description :facepalm: :lol:

Scooter11 06-16-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6678108)
one of the funniest videos of all time :)

Thanks pal, I'm now exponentially dumber after seeing that... This was the most abhorrent thing I've ever viewed, seriously! :mad0259:

FireCracker 06-16-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter11 (Post 6678160)
Thanks pal, I'm now exponentially dumber after seeing that... This was the most abhorrent thing I've ever viewed, seriously! :mad0259:

STOP!! I wanna know!! Lol. What is it?

Rhyder 06-16-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireCracker (Post 6678169)
STOP!! I wanna know!! Lol. What is it?

its a life changing video...you will never be the same after.....

Scooter11 06-16-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6678182)
its a life changing video...you will never be the same after.....

:word: Life changing, Cari, LIFE CHANGING!! :lol:

FireCracker 06-16-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6678182)
its a life changing video...you will never be the same after.....

Haha oh yeah? Bad change it seems like it lol.

Rhyder 06-16-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireCracker (Post 6678193)
Haha oh yeah? Bad change it seems like it lol.

hey your the one that said I was like a woman in a shoe store......

dixonk 06-16-2013 09:30 PM

I have mod money blues right now. Want a new steering wheel, zl1 rockers, pfadt solid subframe and bushing kit. On the other hand I keep thinking the money is better put to paying off existing debt and I talk myself out of it.

Scooter11 06-16-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6678204)
hey your the one that said I was like a woman in a shoe store......

Yeah, and she wasn't wrong... I just hope you're not that woman :pray:

FireCracker 06-16-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhyder (Post 6678204)
hey your the one that said I was like a woman in a shoe store......

Heeeyyyy I was kidding ;)

CHMSC 06-16-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 6678208)
I have mod money blues right now. Want a new steering wheel, zl1 rockers, pfadt solid subframe and bushing kit. On the other hand I keep thinking the money is better put to paying off existing debt and I talk myself out of it.

Constant battle of mine as well. The way I do it is I pay something off and buy something. Then repeat.

FireCracker 06-16-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHMSC (Post 6678265)
Constant battle of mine as well. The way I do it is I pay something off and buy something. Then repeat.

Kinda like shampooing.. I like it!!! :thumb: ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.