Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   new member new camaro ss dusk edition owner (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302260)

camarossdusk 06-16-2013 09:18 PM

new member new camaro ss dusk edition owner
 
new to camaros, my first camaro ss, have owned numerous mustang cobras, and gt's, Added cold air intake and catback exhuast. 6 speed looking at possibly doing gears and long tubes next.

inferno camaro 06-16-2013 09:21 PM

Welcome and congrats on a great car.

camarossdusk 06-16-2013 09:31 PM

thanks really liking the car

A.VEE.BEE 06-16-2013 09:55 PM

welcome!

DuskSS 06-16-2013 10:02 PM

Welcome to another modded dusk.
Why did you take off the npp? Sounds way better than anything aftermarket and proved to be one of the few that do make hp. Rather than just noise.
With LTs they sound even better than corsa and can still be turned to quiet.



Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

xVengeancex28 06-16-2013 10:15 PM

welcome

Jus1dab 06-16-2013 10:59 PM

Welcome to Camaro5!

camarossdusk 06-17-2013 12:28 AM

thanks everyone, love reading the helpful articles and hearing feedback on mods that have worked for everyone.

2010 SSRS 06-17-2013 12:31 AM

Welcome to Camaro5

Q'smuscle 06-17-2013 12:39 AM

awesome car! congrats and welcome. Btw love the color of your camaro . welcome to the BRM family:thumbup: enjoy the beast.

camarossdusk 06-17-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6678090)
Welcome to another modded dusk.
Why did you take off the npp? Sounds way better than anything aftermarket and proved to be one of the few that do make hp. Rather than just noise.
With LTs they sound even better than corsa and can still be turned to quiet.



Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

if your talking about CAI been using K&N for many years with great success put their cold air intake in my new denali truck, with same exact motor; and in the numerous mustangs have owned love the sound, may no net as much hp as other intakes but easy to maintain for me, and like the newer kits especially in my denali. really prefer kooks like the sound and really put out the best performance in my past setups. Not for sure may go 3.73 or 3.91 rear end gears since its a 6 speed, rather take it to track and run it first to see.

camarossdusk 06-17-2013 12:42 AM

denali truck was tuned by hp and plan on having them tune the Camaro at texas speed;they are best for gms that been able to find here .

Sir Nuke 06-17-2013 07:39 AM

CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/a.../NewFridge.jpg

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

DuskSS 06-17-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarossdusk (Post 6678748)
if your talking about CAI been using K&N for many years with great success put their cold air intake in my new denali truck, with same exact motor; and in the numerous mustangs have owned love the sound, may no net as much hp as other intakes but easy to maintain for me, and like the newer kits especially in my denali. really prefer kooks like the sound and really put out the best performance in my past setups. Not for sure may go 3.73 or 3.91 rear end gears since its a 6 speed, rather take it to track and run it first to see.

You put a K&N CAI on a Camaro?...
You should have done some research.
they are one of the WORST ones on the Camaro flat out..

There is some required reading here that shows all the test results of the Camaro CAIs. the K&N was very very low.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107002


And I was actually talking about the cat back you said you replaced.
The NPP is the factory dual mode exhaust which is the same they put on the ZL1 and the 13 2SS M6 cars.

Good luck, before modding any more I'd suggest reading a lot in here to get the best bang for your bucks.

camarossdusk 06-17-2013 10:59 AM

I see what your saying but like K&N and prefer to use it on all my vehicles, and using them for years I didn't replace the catback its the factory upgraded dual exhaust not even sure if its even a full catback setup that's why I was asking. only other exhaust planning to do is long tubes which will net me good results as well, and maybe cam and reworked intake and heads in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6679394)
You put a K&N CAI on a Camaro?...
You should have done some research.
they are one of the WORST ones on the Camaro flat out..

There is some required reading here that shows all the test results of the Camaro CAIs. the K&N was very very low.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107002


And I was actually talking about the cat back you said you replaced.
The NPP is the factory dual mode exhaust which is the same they put on the ZL1 and the 13 2SS M6 cars.

Good luck, before modding any more I'd suggest reading a lot in here to get the best bang for your bucks.


camarossdusk 06-17-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarossdusk (Post 6679619)
I see what your saying but like K&N and prefer to use it on all my vehicles, and using them for years I didn't replace the catback its the factory upgraded dual exhaust not even sure if its even a full catback setup that's why I was asking. only other exhaust planning to do is long tubes which will net me good results as well, and maybe cam and reworked intake and heads in the future.

besides the K&N isn't even on there yet lol just barely picking up the car today lol.

camarossdusk 06-17-2013 11:35 AM

I know this car will never be as fast as my 03 cobra was that was twin turbod, but it will be a lot of fun that's all I care about.

E-Ray 06-17-2013 05:23 PM

Welcome, enjoy!:wave:

Dznts 06-17-2013 05:50 PM

welcome and congrats!

DuskSS 06-17-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camarossdusk (Post 6679619)
I see what your saying but like K&N and prefer to use it on all my vehicles, and using them for years I didn't replace the catback its the factory upgraded dual exhaust not even sure if its even a full catback setup that's why I was asking. only other exhaust planning to do is long tubes which will net me good results as well, and maybe cam and reworked intake and heads in the future.

Yeh youll like the catback thats on there.
sounds mean with the fuse pulled until you go LTs.

Id seriuously look into ADM, CAI Inc, Rotofab for your CAI especially if you can return yours.

They all use the K&N style reusable filter but the rest of it is what sets them apart.

good luck man!

Apex Motorsports 06-17-2013 07:51 PM

Congrats and...

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/welcomec5.jpg

camarossdusk 06-17-2013 11:32 PM

thanks picked her up today actually had to drive home in some bad weather but made it safe to my garage.

camarossdusk 06-18-2013 02:03 PM

painted to match blue engine cover suppose to come in today.

panther2469 06-22-2013 03:04 PM

Welcome to C5

Frid 06-27-2013 07:20 AM

welcome.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.