Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Door weatherstrip wearing out (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303079)

jeremy3721 06-20-2013 06:37 PM

Door weatherstrip wearing out
 
I searched but I don't know the correct terms so I may be missing it. The weatherstripping along the bottom of my door is getting worn out when I get out of the car. I park in a garage and I have to put my foot there to brace myself when I get out. It seems like it wouldn't tear so easily but has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

union894 06-20-2013 06:46 PM

I have a 2010 and mine is tearing a little also, I thought about replacing it soon.

jeremy3721 06-20-2013 06:52 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/21/eredutas.jpgHere is a photo of what I'm trying to describe. Seems like it would be a waste of time to replace it until I figure out a way to prevent it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-20-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy3721 (Post 6695109)
I searched but I don't know the correct terms so I may be missing it. The weatherstripping along the bottom of my door is getting worn out when I get out of the car. I park in a garage and I have to put my foot there to brace myself when I get out. It seems like it wouldn't tear so easily but has anyone experienced this and found a solution?

Very sorry to hear of this concern jeremy3721. Please let me know if I can assist in this matter. Feel free to send me a PM regarding this concern.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Bonanza7 06-20-2013 08:50 PM

Mine wore out quickly. It was replaced under warranty, with many gripes from Chevrolet, and was told they would not replace it again. Now it is wearing out again. Still under warranty, but they have already said no to a replacement. They said it was driver carelessness causing them to wear out. (Apparently it happens a lot) Actually, poor placement by GM.

SlingShot 06-20-2013 09:18 PM

Only way to prevent your problems, is to figure out a way to keep your feet off of it. None of my cars have had this problem, but then again I lift my feet over the sill area.

Bonanza7 06-20-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlingShot (Post 6695856)
Only way to prevent your problems, is to figure out a way to keep your feet off of it. None of my cars have had this problem, but then again I lift my feet over the sill area.

True, but should you have to enter and exit a car in a completely different manner than other cars? Should you have to look out, and have passengers be constantly reminded to : "lift your feet" whenever they ride in your car because of poor thinking by the designers? Seems to me you should be able to use normal entry/exit procedures without having to be worried about how fragile the car is.

SimpleGreen 06-20-2013 09:28 PM

I haven't torn up my molding in over a year of getting in and out with steel toed boots on. My plastic by the door is just fine too. Or maybe my standards are low :lol:

Dizzy82 06-20-2013 09:56 PM

I think someone needs to make a video on "how to properly enter/exit a camaro". :pop2:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-20-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonanza7 (Post 6695736)
Mine wore out quickly. It was replaced under warranty, with many gripes from Chevrolet, and was told they would not replace it again. Now it is wearing out again. Still under warranty, but they have already said no to a replacement. They said it was driver carelessness causing them to wear out. (Apparently it happens a lot) Actually, poor placement by GM.

Bonanza7,

Also very sorry to hear that you're experiencing similar issues. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Feel free to send me a PM at anytime and I'll see what I can do!

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Dznts 06-20-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizzy82 (Post 6696003)
I think someone needs to make a video on "how to properly enter/exit a camaro". :pop2:

through the window :headbang:

kmm1412 06-20-2013 10:30 PM

Mine is being replaced at the dealer under warranty tomorrow. Only warranty claim I have made on the car so far. Mine is a garage queen also that is not driven at least 4 months a year. Looks to me like a poor material composition in manufacturing.

2012-1822 06-20-2013 11:05 PM

Mine looks like I rub it with my shoes when I get in and out, doesn't bother me, was at a show and a lady pointed out to me

Aubrey64 06-21-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy3721 (Post 6695182)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/21/eredutas.jpgHere is a photo of what I'm trying to describe. Seems like it would be a waste of time to replace it until I figure out a way to prevent it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is exactly how mine looks! and I agree, I dont want to waste my time/money to fix it just for it to happen again


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.