Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Magnaflow X-pipe (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303241)

Buschman 06-21-2013 04:59 PM

Magnaflow X-pipe
 
Hey guys, I wish the search on this site actually worked. It would make most of our lives alot easier.
I am going to order a Magnaflow x-pipe but need help on which one, should I go with the 11386 2.5" in/out with a 2.5"to 2.25" adapter on the out. Or go with the 11385 2.25" in/out and put the 2.5" to 2.25" on the in? Or am I completely wrong that the pipes are 2.5" coming from the cats, down to 2.25" to the exhaust??? :mad0259:

IneedAZ 06-21-2013 07:38 PM

I went 2.5" in/out and had exhaust shop weld it to the 2 .25" pipe.

JDP Tyler 06-21-2013 07:46 PM

11386 is what you need.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Kessler 06-21-2013 10:14 PM

I skipped the x-pipe and went with the j-pipes. Took another drive, I can't hear any drone under 80 mph.

Saint_Shroomie 06-22-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buschman (Post 6698657)
Hey guys, I wish the search on this site actually worked. It would make most of our lives alot easier.
I am going to order a Magnaflow x-pipe but need help on which one, should I go with the 11386 2.5" in/out with a 2.5"to 2.25" adapter on the out. Or go with the 11385 2.25" in/out and put the 2.5" to 2.25" on the in? Or am I completely wrong that the pipes are 2.5" coming from the cats, down to 2.25" to the exhaust??? :mad0259:

If you're having trouble searching the site with the forum search tool, you can go to google and type in "site:camaro5.com something to search for" and it will do a google limited search on this site. I also think there is a built in google search if you click on "Search" in the toolbar below the breadcrumb navigation.

Buschman 06-23-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sales@JDP (Post 6699244)
11386 is what you need.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

Thanks, I think I have the info I needed.

tonymac 06-25-2013 12:57 PM

ok...now I am confused. I want to kill the drone, so I was looking at the x-pipe. I thought I needed part #10791. But now looking up #11386, I am not sure. Are they both mid-pipes to reduce drone, noise? Is one better at doing this?

JDP Tyler 06-25-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonymac (Post 6713591)
ok...now I am confused. I want to kill the drone, so I was looking at the x-pipe. I thought I needed part #10791. But now looking up #11386, I am not sure. Are they both mid-pipes to reduce drone, noise? Is one better at doing this?

Part # 10791 is the Magnaflow Tru-X. This part will not reduce drone or rasp.

You are looking for Part # 11386. This is essentially a perforated X pipe with a muffler surrounding it. We do not have them listed on our website, but we do offer them at a great price if you give me a call. Please feel free to call, PM or email me with questions. :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.