Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   HUD Fading in and Out. 2013 issue? HELP (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303280)

RedCamaroZL1 06-02-2013 04:13 PM

HUD Fading in and Out. 2013 issue? HELP
 
I was out in the Z today trying to work on break in miles when all of a sudden my HUD seemed to flicker, then slowly faded away and disappeared. I was like WTF! I have 980 miles! After a few miles it popped back on and then slowly faded away again. I also noticed it seemed to change back and forth between and blue and green tint. I thought it was my sunglasses at first, but nope. It did this on a off a couple times. Seemed to pop on when changing lanes with turn signal. I stopped for gas and it stayed on after that. I hope it doesn't die because I dread the dealer taking apart the dash to fix it. I HATE RATTLES! 1001 miles and feeling a little bummed. Other than that, car has been amazing.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-02-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCamaroZL1 (Post 6619763)
I was out in the Z today trying to work on break in miles when all of a sudden my HUD seemed to flicker, then slowly faded away and disappeared. I was like WTF! I have 980 miles! After a few miles it popped back on and then slowly faded away again. I also noticed it seemed to change back and forth between and blue and green tint. I thought it was my sunglasses at first, but nope. It did this on a off a couple times. Seemed to pop on when changing lanes with turn signal. I stopped for gas and it stayed on after that. I hope it doesn't die because I dread the dealer taking apart the dash to fix it. I HATE RATTLES! 1001 miles and feeling a little bummed. Other than that, car has been amazing.

Glad to hear you've been enjoying the ZL1! Although I'm sorry to hear about the HUD concerns, it could potentially be a simple fix at your local GM dealership. Feel free to send me a PM so I can investigate this matter for you. I look forward to your contact.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

kevin1106 06-02-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedCamaroZL1 (Post 6619763)
I was out in the Z today trying to work on break in miles when all of a sudden my HUD seemed to flicker, then slowly faded away and disappeared. I was like WTF! I have 980 miles! After a few miles it popped back on and then slowly faded away again. I also noticed it seemed to change back and forth between and blue and green tint. I thought it was my sunglasses at first, but nope. It did this on a off a couple times. Seemed to pop on when changing lanes with turn signal. I stopped for gas and it stayed on after that. I hope it doesn't die because I dread the dealer taking apart the dash to fix it. I HATE RATTLES! 1001 miles and feeling a little bummed. Other than that, car has been amazing.

Mine does the blue to green tint also.... But it's because of my sunglasses though. Maui Jim for ya... Lol

skuttduck 06-02-2013 06:16 PM

I've done the dash removal and HUD install on my 2010. I can say this, I have no squeaks or rattles, the way the camaro dash is installed with a lot of screws and such, I can't see how it would rattle. The screw under the light sensor is by far the worst one to remove.

So I can assure you if they have to remove the dash to replace the HUD, not to worry about squeaks and rattles from there.

jbotta 06-02-2013 06:21 PM

My 2012 # 464 had the HUD replaced, First they hooked up to the computer to try to reset the HUD, didnt work had a bad module. anyway they did not have to take dash apart to change it out, The mechanic was able to reach in there with his hands and replaced the HUD, He said it took 3 hrs. They shipped the part to the dealer fast I have not had a problem since. The dealer at least gave me a free oil change. Its not as bad as you're thinking. I also thought that the dash had to come out and was not happy about that, But they changed the module and now its all good. Hope this helps.

RedCamaroZL1 06-02-2013 07:53 PM

Thanks, I feel better about it now. Just drove it more, about 30 miles and the HUD was fine. No issue this time. Hope it was a fluke before. It was similar to how it dims when entering a tunnel, but just kept dimming until off. Oh well, fingers crossed.

mbd314 06-03-2013 10:47 AM

Mine did this exact thing on Memorial day last week, has been fine since.

TeamMc 06-03-2013 02:15 PM

Just had mine do it this weekend.
Shut the car off. Did my thing. Started back up and so far...no issues.

CrtRS13 06-11-2013 08:22 AM

Mine did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and then again today. I've noticed when the song changes or you have your blinker on. It reappeared then fades again.
Also it sporadically doesn't show song info.

ZED SLED 06-11-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrtRS13 (Post 6656230)
Mine did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and then again today. I've noticed when the song changes or you have yor blinker on. It reappeared then fades again.
Also it sporadically doesn't show song info.

Mine didn't show song info on some songs but it was because the info wasn't in the file. I opened those songs in VLC media player on my PC and under tools/media information was able to enter the info. Now the info for those songs appears on HUD as well as the MyLink screen along with the album cover. Guess it just depends where and how you obtain the music.;)

BlackinBlack 06-11-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrtRS13 (Post 6656230)
Also it sporadically doesn't show song info.

The songs not showing up is a bug for sure. My car does this even with XM radio which always has the proper information. It is random but when it does not work it does not work till I turn the car off and restart.

I wonder if their is an update to the MyLink to fix. I also wish it had guidelines on the reverse camera. Again would would think GM could update to add. It should be fairly simple.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-11-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrtRS13 (Post 6656230)
Mine did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and then again today. I've noticed when the song changes or you have your blinker on. It reappeared then fades again.
Also it sporadically doesn't show song info.

Wow,

Please let us know if you continue to experience these concerns. Keep me updated!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

CrtRS13 06-11-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 6658683)
Wow,

Please let us know if you continue to experience these concerns. Keep me updated!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Will do, thanks

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-11-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrtRS13 (Post 6659514)
Will do, thanks

You're welcome,

No problem.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

TomF1 06-13-2013 11:21 AM

I had the same issue on last Sundays road trip
One stretch of 100 miles of so, the HUD would fade away to nothing.
When song changed it comes back, the fades away again
The after a pitstop, next time I started the car, it was fine

So I'm doing a road trip tonite, Richmond, va back home to Canada
So I guess I'll find out if it works for the whole trip

pmandeep 06-21-2013 07:15 PM

HUD Issues
 
Hey Guys,

My HUD was acting up today on my way back from work. I usually leave it 'ON' so every time I turn on the car it comes on by itself. What happened today was after getting off from work when I turned the car on and left the parking lot and had just come to the first stop at a signal light the HUD just faded away and disappeared even though the brightness was turned up all the way and the for the rest of my drive to home, it would just come back at a random time and again fade away and it kept doing that.

In my attempt and hopes of fixing it, I ended up pulling over on freeway once and actually turned the car off and opened the door to shut the electronics off. Tried to do the same when I was stopped at a signal light. And every time I turned the car back on and it did the same thing and faded away.

Then once I got home, I had the car in driveway for just a little over 5mins (turned off) before pulling it in the garage and at that time when I was pulling it in garage the HUD seemed to stay on. This has happened first time and my car is only 1month old with only 1130miles on it.

Should I wait and see if it does it again or take it to the dealership?

Jebario 06-21-2013 07:33 PM

Mine did that too. Slowly fades to off. No pattern that I can detect. Did it several times while driving, hasn't happened since.

Jeff

pmandeep 06-21-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jebario (Post 6699379)
Mine did that too. Slowly fades to off. No pattern that I can detect. Did it several times while driving, hasn't happened since.

Jeff

Exactly what happened to me. It would come on and then slowly fade off even with the brightness set up all high and it kept doing this randomly. I hope it won't happen again.

CrtRS13 06-21-2013 08:18 PM

I've had it happen twice in the past 3 months. I've noticed when its off, if the song changes or if you put the blinker on, it comes back on for a few secs after the song title appears, then fades away, or until the you turn the blinker off the it fades again.

TomF1 06-21-2013 11:02 PM

Mine did that fade away thing once.
Was back to normal next time I started it and fine for the 50 or so times since

There is another thread on it
I'm going to the stealership next week, I'll report it and see what they say
But I suspect they won't do anything about a problem they can't repeat

Storm T 06-21-2013 11:07 PM

Sounds like a definite problem with the '13s. I've never had any issues with my '12

pmandeep 06-22-2013 08:20 AM

I am thinking of taking it out for a spin and seeing if I can re-create this. I will post my updates later today.

benji1997 06-22-2013 08:48 AM

I have not had the fade away issue at all and I have 16,000 miles on my 2013 with the HUD always turned on. My issue is the radio information fade away. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All other HUD info seems to work as designed. Definitely have your cars serviced. This sounds like a fixable issue. If it's possible while you're driving, have your phone cam ready to record the fade away so you have something to show your dealer.

pmandeep 06-22-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benji1997 (Post 6701024)
I have not had the fade away issue at all and I have 16,000 miles on my 2013 with the HUD always turned on. My issue is the radio information fade away. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. All other HUD info seems to work as designed. Definitely have your cars serviced. This sounds like a fixable issue. If it's possible while you're driving, have your phone cam ready to record the fade away so you have something to show your dealer.

The thing is my car is literally just a month old, got it on May 16th of this year and this happened yesterday when I was coming back from work. To top that off like I said I only have approx 1035 miles on it which kinda had me worried. I will soon be taking it in to the dealership for its first oil change when I hit about 1500miles and I will talk to my dealer about this at that time and see what he has to say.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 06-22-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmandeep (Post 6699328)
Hey Guys,

My HUD was acting up today on my way back from work. I usually leave it 'ON' so every time I turn on the car it comes on by itself. What happened today was after getting off from work when I turned the car on and left the parking lot and had just come to the first stop at a signal light the HUD just faded away and disappeared even though the brightness was turned up all the way and the for the rest of my drive to home, it would just come back at a random time and again fade away and it kept doing that.

In my attempt and hopes of fixing it, I ended up pulling over on freeway once and actually turned the car off and opened the door to shut the electronics off. Tried to do the same when I was stopped at a signal light. And every time I turned the car back on and it did the same thing and faded away.

Then once I got home, I had the car in driveway for just a little over 5mins (turned off) before pulling it in the garage and at that time when I was pulling it in garage the HUD seemed to stay on. This has happened first time and my car is only 1month old with only 1130miles on it.

Should I wait and see if it does it again or take it to the dealership?


Hello pmandeep,

Sorry for the HUD issues your having. I would like to look into this issue for you. If you could, private message me your VIN and current mileage and I will investigate a bit further for you. I will update you there.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.