Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   L99 owners please weigh in. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30331)

PQ 07-01-2009 02:02 PM

L99 owners please weigh in.
 
L99 owners give us your experience so far.
Miles, Oil changes, VIN#, other variables.

If you haven't tracked your 0-60 times please try to do so. (SAFELY)
Just curious as to how they are all performing. A number of us have had slow times and trying to figure it out.

Post a vid of your run if you can. Or just give a reweiw of your thoughts.
Thanx in advance.


jdbaker82 07-01-2009 02:03 PM

/popcorn

UCF w00t 07-01-2009 02:07 PM

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/jackson4.gif

Dakota Kid 07-01-2009 02:11 PM

Good thread. Mine (I should say my fiance's) is due to be here in a few weeks, you can bet your paycheck I will drive it hard to make sure it performs before signing any paperwork.

jdanza 07-01-2009 02:18 PM

:confused0068: :popcorn:

PQ 07-01-2009 02:19 PM

Added my 0-60 vid in the OP.

VIN# 9067
Over 2000 miles
Broke the engine in according to GM suggestions.
Oil changed @ 1500 miles

I've been really happy with this car. Wouldn't trade it for the world and it seems strong after about 65 MPH.

Engine is strong. I can feel the power pushing the heavy car but it's just not accelerating the way it should. As I've said before, Bonnies car beat me EASILY and that shouldn't happen.

jdanza 07-01-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 638878)
Added my 0-60 vid in the OP.

VIN# 9067
Over 2000 miles
Broke the engine in according to GM suggestions.
Oil changed @ 1500 miles

I've been really happy with this car. Wouldn't trade it for the world and it seems strong after about 65 MPH.

Engine is strong. I can feel the power pushing the heavy car but it's just not accelerating the way it should. As I've said before, Bonnies car beat me EASILY and that shouldn't happen.

WTF, You should beat her car easy ,no?
Do you think the problem is the AFM ?

That sucks, I hope you are able to get this straightened out

PQ 07-01-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanza (Post 638901)
WTF, You should beat her car easy ,no?
Do you think the problem is the AFM ?

That sucks, I hope you are able to get this straightened out

Don't think it's AFM. It's too strong jon acceleration for that. just not strong enough to get around 5 seconds to 60.

And yes. It should beat hers easy.

jsmith 07-01-2009 05:59 PM

I have had mine for just over 1 month, I only have 900 miles on the car and changed the oil @700 miles. I have yet to try putting the pedal to the metal, I have done some fast starts but nothing to crazy maybe 4k-4.5k RPM. It is hard for me to determine how much power this car has compared to my 2007 G35 that I had, it had 306hp and good acceleration.
I am concerned with the issues that Scott,Irpq11,and rpeka are having because there might be a possibility that my car has the same issues when I try it out.

When I reach the recommended 1500 miles I am going to try the car out and let you guys know, hopefully by the end of next week. So far I have had no issues with anything on the car, so that is good. I am keeping up daily on all the threads and thanks for Scott,Irpq11,and rpeka for dilligently keepng us all informed.:clap::clap:

VIN#9436

SGOS252382 07-01-2009 06:16 PM

Vin # 8446
No issues - feels fast (probably runs mid 13s even in 90 degree South Florida heat and humidity).

Pretty much no break in. I did take it a little easy for the first 100 miles, but I did make a few high speed runs and played with the tap shifts shifting at close to redline.

0-60mph, 5.22 sec (G-tech) at 300 mile mark

Currently has 400 miles on it, and I pretty much nail the gas pedal to the floor every chance I get.
I plan on changing my oil around the 1000 mile mark.

ElAntonius 07-01-2009 06:36 PM

#7038, 340 Miles

No issues. Best run to 60 has been 5.38 (G-Tac iPhone software measured it...experimentally it was accurate +-2 MPH to my friend's speedo). Had to start it on a slight turn so I couldn't gun it till I hit the straight. I'm almost certain I could have shaved off a good chunk on a better launch situation.

So this brings me to a question for those of you having problems...try not flooring it on the launch: feed in the throttle smoothly from a stop and see if you get better results. Has anyone with problems tried this?

PQ 07-01-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmith (Post 639588)
I have had mine for just over 1 month, I only have 900 miles on the car and changed the oil @700 miles. I have yet to try putting the pedal to the metal, I have done some fast starts but nothing to crazy maybe 4k-4.5k RPM. It is hard for me to determine how much power this car has compared to my 2007 G35 that I had, it had 306hp and good acceleration.
I am concerned with the issues that Scott,Irpq11,and rpeka are having because there might be a possibility that my car has the same issues when I try it out.
When I reach the recommended 1500 miles I am going to try the car out and let you guys know, hopefully by the end of next week. So far I have had no issues with anything on the car, so that is good. I am keeping up daily on all the threads and thanks for Scott,Irpq11,and rpeka for dilligently keepng us all informed.:clap::clap:

VIN#9436

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGOS252382 (Post 639650)
Vin # 8446
No issues - feels fast (probably runs mid 13s even in 90 degree South Florida heat and humidity).

Pretty much no break in. I did take it a little easy for the first 100 miles, but I did make a few high speed runs and played with the tap shifts shifting at close to redline.

0-60mph, 5.22 sec (G-tech) at 300 mile mark

Currently has 400 miles on it, and I pretty much nail the gas pedal to the floor every chance I get.
I plan on changing my oil around the 1000 mile mark.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAntonius (Post 639715)
#7038, 340 Miles

No issues. Best run to 60 has been 5.38 (G-Tac iPhone software measured it...experimentally it was accurate +-2 MPH to my friend's speedo). Had to start it on a slight turn so I couldn't gun it till I hit the straight. I'm almost certain I could have shaved off a good chunk on a better launch situation.

So this brings me to a question for those of you having problems...try not flooring it on the launch: feed in the throttle smoothly from a stop and see if you get better results. Has anyone with problems tried this?

I'll try it but a whole second is alot. I've tried just punching it. Reving to just before spinning, and just lifting the rpms to 1500. Doing the Dynolicious tonight.

ElAntonius 07-01-2009 06:57 PM

Irpq - the reason I say this is because...in S mode, flooring it, I got a 6.38 once. It seems faster when you feed it in smoothly, and the 2-3 times that I've measured it have borne this out.

Hell, my best time was in D mode with a bit of a rollout coming from a slight right off a stop sign.

So I'm starting to wonder if the best launch for the L99 is smoothly fed in...particularly since Mike@Newera (I think) commented that he felt that lower RPMs gave him better times as well.

jsmith 07-01-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAntonius (Post 639772)
Irpq - the reason I say this is because...in S mode, flooring it, I got a 6.38 once. It seems faster when you feed it in smoothly, and the 2-3 times that I've measured it have borne this out.

Hell, my best time was in D mode with a bit of a rollout coming from a slight right off a stop sign.

So I'm starting to wonder if the best launch for the L99 is smoothly fed in...particularly since Mike@Newera (I think) commented that he felt that lower RPMs gave him better times as well.

So do you keep the traction control on also or do you keep it in D in the comp mode?

Thanks

ElAntonius 07-01-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmith (Post 639788)
So do you keep the traction control on also or do you keep it in D in the comp mode?

Thanks

Traction and Stability were on. Was dry where I did it, but it's been apocalyptic rain here in tampa this past week so the car itself was still shaking dry.

I'm almost thinking there may be a piece of software keeping the throttle from feeding the engine too hard off a stop. Maybe aggressive torque management? The difference in feel between "floor it off the lines" and "feed in smoothly" has been astounding.

I'm not saying it's the absolute solution for any particular person.

The three runs I've measured:
D, TC on, half pedal the whole way: 6.38
S, TC on, hammered off the line: 6.54 (Was wrong about the 6.38, was looking at the wrong run)
D, TC on, less than ideal launch conditions, smooth feed: 5.38

BL202 07-01-2009 07:22 PM

VIN 16578
500 miles on it. No oil changes yet.
Feels a little slow. Ran a few 0-60's and ranging about the 6 second mark. Have done all modes. Drive, Comp and Manual. I am at 5000 ft above see level and 90+ degree weather. My transmission on a few occasion has felt odd. Sometimes the car doesnt seem to want to shift and on one occasion it randomly down shifted hard while in drive. As of right now I doubt my car would beat my friends charger SRT8. Want to find a Dyno to see what my numbers are at.

2010cantwait 07-01-2009 08:32 PM

I haven't officially timed it, but I got around 7 seconds 0 to 60 in D with TC/Stabilitrack ON, AC running, and 4 people in the car. #11518, 2SS/L99 and 900 miles- no oil change yet and bone stock. My car seems to be performing as it should. I will time it as soon as I can.

PQ 07-01-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElAntonius (Post 639772)
Irpq - the reason I say this is because...in S mode, flooring it, I got a 6.38 once. It seems faster when you feed it in smoothly, and the 2-3 times that I've measured it have borne this out.

Hell, my best time was in D mode with a bit of a rollout coming from a slight right off a stop sign.

So I'm starting to wonder if the best launch for the L99 is smoothly fed in...particularly since Mike@Newera (I think) commented that he felt that lower RPMs gave him better times as well.

Big difference.


Quote:

Originally Posted by BL202 (Post 639848)
VIN 16578
500 miles on it. No oil changes yet.
Feels a little slow. Ran a few 0-60's and ranging about the 6 second mark. Have done all modes. Drive, Comp and Manual. I am at 5000 ft above see level and 90+ degree weather. My transmission on a few occasion has felt odd. Sometimes the car doesnt seem to want to shift and on one occasion it randomly down shifted hard while in drive. As of right now I doubt my car would beat my friends charger SRT8. Want to find a Dyno to see what my numbers are at.

Keep us informed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010cantwait (Post 640078)
I haven't officially timed it, but I got around 7 seconds 0 to 60 in D with TC/Stabilitrack ON, AC running, and 4 people in the car. #11518, 2SS/L99 and 900 miles- no oil change yet and bone stock. My car seems to be performing as it should. I will time it as soon as I can.

Let us know what you get.

PQ 07-01-2009 08:43 PM

I'm hearing everyone and will take all of the advice. One thing to remember is Scott was beat slightly by an LT. Running neck to neck the whole way. Even with a slow start he should have gained big time after that. I will try all of the different variables and launches that have been discussed but can't overlook the races car to car.






Anyone else?

redjewel 07-01-2009 08:47 PM

8327 is going to be around 600 miles when I head to the dealership to swap out the LR wheel that was scratched when I took delivery.
I am going to change the oil at that time also. I have not been easy on the car so far. I don't gun it all the time but I have gotten into quite a few times. It feels strong and last night after reading these threads again I went out for a spin. Let the car warm up some and then went down a straight deserted street. Held sport mode button 7 seconds. I actually squealled the tires for the first time.
I will try to post something with video tomorrow after the oil change. Never posted a video so not sure how that is done.

I say after oil change I will treat it like other vehicles I have owned and drive how I plan to. I have done that with 2 Z28 models LT1 and LS1 2 Tahoes a forgive me my first car a Integra and forgive me again a 96 Mustang GT.
The 97 Z28 is stock and 104000 miles and it is going strong. 2003 Tahoe same thing.

Irpq I wonder if Scott broke his in the same way you did? I remember reading somewhere FBodfather said the computer will learn your driving habits or something like that. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?:iono:

RickyTheStorm 07-01-2009 09:57 PM

Vin # 11527

0-60 (no official test yet - have a G-Tech coming and going to the track this weekend (granted won't get me 0-60) but with counting in my head about 5.5 seconds.

1892 miles on it, Friday will be 3 weeks of owning.

Oil and filter changed at 489 miles
Oil and filter changed at 1601 miles
Rear end fluid changed at 1601 miles

Runs great - just can't wait to start modding it.

SSRS2010 07-01-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irpq11 (Post 638822)
L99 owners give us your experience so far.
Miles, Oil changes, VIN#, other variables.

If you haven't tracked your 0-60 times please try to do so. (SAFELY)
Just curious as to how they are all performing. A number of us have had slow times and trying to figure it out.

Post a vid of your run if you can. Or just give a reweiw of your thoughts.
Thanx in advance.


VIN #04274 11 DAYS 1023 New Oil this weekend Love the TAPS I use them a lot I will work on 0-60 :thumbsup: :chevy:

SSRS2010 07-01-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm (Post 640400)
Vin # 11527

0-60 (no official test yet - have a G-Tech coming and going to the track this weekend (granted won't get me 0-60) but with counting in my head about 5.5 seconds.

1892 miles on it, Friday will be 3 weeks of owning.

Oil and filter changed at 489 miles
Oil and filter changed at 1601 miles
Rear end fluid changed at 1601 miles

Runs great - just can't wait to start modding it.

:thumbsup:

PQ 07-01-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redjewel (Post 640141)
Irpq I wonder if Scott broke his in the same way you did? I remember reading somewhere FBodfather said the computer will learn your driving habits or something like that. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?:iono:

We did it the same way. I sure would like the computer to 're-learn' if that's true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSRS2010 (Post 640480)
VIN #04274 11 DAYS 1023 New Oil this weekend Love the TAPS I use them a lot I will work on 0-60 :thumbsup: :chevy:

Let us know. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickyTheStorm (Post 640400)
Vin # 11527

0-60 (no official test yet - have a G-Tech coming and going to the track this weekend (granted won't get me 0-60) but with counting in my head about 5.5 seconds.

1892 miles on it, Friday will be 3 weeks of owning.

Oil and filter changed at 489 miles
Oil and filter changed at 1601 miles
Rear end fluid changed at 1601 miles

Runs great - just can't wait to start modding it.

Hope you get your 60 time before you mod.

songsj 07-01-2009 11:10 PM

I've not jumped in because I'm not a 2SS owner yet, but it almost sounds to me like this traction control, launch control etc maybe the problem. The traction control in my '97 Z28 applies rear brakes, retards the timing and shoves the throttle back if the rear wheels start to spin. If I were you guys I would try to find out how to turn everything off completely, Launch control, traction control etc. make sure it's all completely off if possible, then hammer it and see what happens. My guess is if you get it all turned off, you better hang on!!!!! My 2 cents


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.