Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mylink defaults to FM upon starting car (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303410)

Oldag 06-22-2013 05:21 PM

Mylink defaults to FM upon starting car
 
Mylink is defaulting to FM, even if I was playing music from the USB when I shut the car off. Can't find anything on this.

Rather annoying. I do not understand why it would not default to the source being used when the car was turned off last.

Glen e 06-22-2013 05:24 PM

Mine does the same...anxious to hear from others

45thCamaro 06-22-2013 05:40 PM

My car does as well and I do not have my link. I believe it has to do with the USB drive. There was another topic about this I saw a few days ago about people listening to music without the car on and then once they turn it on they have to unplug and replug in the USB device.

Glen e 06-22-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thCamaro (Post 6702324)
My car does as well and I do not have my link. I believe it has to do with the USB drive. There was another topic about this I saw a few days ago about people listening to music without the car on and then once they turn it on they have to unplug and replug in the USB device.

Don't think so...I can get out listening to xm and when I comeback , it's on FM...

lfree11012 06-22-2013 07:09 PM

Ya mine does the same

CamaroMike13 06-22-2013 08:07 PM

I have the same problem. Almost always if I was listening to my iPod via the USB port when the car was shut off it is on FM when I start up the next time. iPod isn't even available as an option then. I have to unplug the USB and plug it back in to get the system to recognize the iPod again. Annoying.

Glen e 06-22-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroMike13 (Post 6702722)
I have the same problem. Almost always if I was listening to my iPod via the USB port when the car was shut off it is on FM when I start up the next time. iPod isn't even available as an option then. I have to unplug the USB and plug it back in to get the system to recognize the iPod again. Annoying.

here's my *lousy* workaround for the problem you and I have..I don't want to keep unplugging and plugging the ipod or the usb in the car and wear them out. So I run an usb extension to hang out the center console so I can connect it here when I start the car. It then tucks back under when connected.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3.../null-1798.jpg

CamaroMike13 06-22-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 6702756)
here's my *lousy* workaround for the problem you and I have..I don't want to keep unplugging and plugging the ipod or the usb in the car and wear them out. So I run an usb extension to hang out the center console so I can connect it here when I start the car. It then tucks back under when connected.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3.../null-1798.jpg

Thought about trying that. It aggregates me to have to resort to "rigging" something to fix it. Thanks.

Glen e 06-22-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroMike13 (Post 6703085)
It aggregates me to have to resort to "rigging" something to fix it. Thanks.

totally agree...but until then I don't want my ipod socket and USB in the car worn out....

aggieguy13 06-22-2013 10:48 PM

ipods or iphones........

bluetooth seems to work very well in my opinion

Storm T 06-22-2013 11:49 PM

I just got my car tonight and noticed that it defaults to the home screen with all the icons. I was using a flash drive. But it did the same thing when I was listening to XM. Hope they get this fixed soon.

Glen e 06-23-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm T (Post 6703514)
I just got my car tonight and noticed that it defaults to the home screen with all the icons. I was using a flash drive. But it did the same thing when I was listening to XM. Hope they get this fixed soon.

but what plays when you fire up the car?

Storm T 06-23-2013 12:28 AM

Oh, it's actually playing what I left off with. I'd just think it would go to that screen whether it be XM or USB or whatever. I haven't tried a CD yet. Pandora will be nice too.

ScottR 06-23-2013 06:14 AM

Storm T: There's no CD Player if you have myLink

Storm T 06-23-2013 06:50 AM

ummm wow, I didn't even know that. That's was rather odd of them. Looks like USB for me but always noticed the sound is more pristine from cd's.

45thCamaro 06-23-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 6702347)
Don't think so...I can get out listening to xm and when I comeback , it's on FM...

I had the same issue when I still had my xm subscription. Look around for the thread I'm talking about. It must have something to do with the car being off.

45thCamaro 06-23-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm T (Post 6703901)
ummm wow, I didn't even know that. That's was rather odd of them. Looks like USB for me but always noticed the sound is more pristine from cd's.

I seriously just had a depressed moment web I read your thread. I remember when a CD player was an expensive option in the car. I guess it's getting put out to pasture with the cassette tape and 8 track lol

Glen e 06-23-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 45thCamaro (Post 6704014)
I had the same issue when I still had my xm subscription. Look around for the thread I'm talking about. It must have something to do with the car being off.

that was just an example - I can be listening to AM, IPod, ANY SOURCE and when I come back to the car, it starts in FM....I hope that is clear now, and was the original question....

Storm T 06-23-2013 08:17 AM

LMAO! I can't believe I didn't notice it. I just picked the car up last night late though. I remember back in the day getting one for my car and it was really expensive.

Storm T 06-23-2013 08:18 AM

Hopefully they will get an update to fix your issue Glen. That would suck for sure.

itsnotacrisis 06-23-2013 08:39 AM

If you power down the radio before you shut off the car, when you start the car next time, and power on the radio, it picks up right where you left off on the USB. At least mine does...(applies to any source)

rray 06-23-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotacrisis (Post 6704092)
If you power down the radio before you shut off the car, when you start the car next time, and power on the radio, it picks up right where you left off on the USB. At least mine does...(applies to any source)


Good find, I had Mylink a week now, and have to unplug then re-plug my USB every time. I was just about to wire in an USB extension cable to make access easier.

CamaroMike13 06-23-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsnotacrisis (Post 6704092)
If you power down the radio before you shut off the car, when you start the car next time, and power on the radio, it picks up right where you left off on the USB. At least mine does...(applies to any source)

I'm going to give this a try next time. Thanks.

CamaroMike13 06-23-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggieguy13 (Post 6703337)
ipods or iphones........

bluetooth seems to work very well in my opinion

iPod in my case. Bluetooth does work from my iPhone (yes, I have both but the iPod is connected via the USB port) but I don't think the sound quality is as good going the Bluetooth route.

Storm T 06-23-2013 11:22 AM

Ok, so now mine did it for the first time. On USB and start the car back up after going inside somewhere and it's on FM. Kind of sucks to have a brand new car and have this sort of issue. Hope it's fixed soon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.