Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Tuning on the Lfx (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303665)

Vroom_vroom 06-24-2013 12:54 AM

Tuning on the Lfx

So I am toying with tuning my camaro. Was never a big fan of the canned tunes but the trifecta has peeked my interest as it looks like you data log first. And the ghost cam seems pretty bad ass. My big question is about the transparency they mention on there web site, can some one clarify what that is? Was under the impression the Lfx had a ticker in the ECM?

And just wanted some over all feed back from people who have used it. Do any of the sponcers carry them?

lscamaro 06-24-2013 03:25 AM

The LFX does have the counter. If you're going to tune, I'd highly suggest you take advantage of the fact that the LFX ecu is easily tunable and have it dyno tuned by a reputable shop with Efi live or hp tuners

etmx183 06-24-2013 10:58 AM

Talk to MATT@FSP Florida Speed and Power. He will be doing mine in a few days. I have Trifecta but after putting it on a dyno that showed A/F ratio WAY TOO LEAN, than too rich right at the end. I sent them a datalog and they said every thing is good. So I'm just not feeling it, this is my opinion. The dyno doesn't lie, you can see the file/photo in my photo album and see the A/F ratio. I want to be able to SEE data stream and HP Tuners allows that. I am also doing an AEM A/F meter to cover my @$$.

IneedAZ 06-24-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etmx183 (Post 6708332)
Talk to MATT@FSP Florida Speed and Power. He will be doing mine in a few days. I have Trifecta but after putting it on a dyno that showed A/F ratio WAY TOO LEAN, than too rich right at the end. I sent them a datalog and they said every thing is good. So I'm just not feeling it, this is my opinion. The dyno doesn't lie, you can see the file/photo in my photo album and see the A/F ratio. I want to be able to SEE data stream and HP Tuners allows that. I am also doing an AEM A/F meter to cover my @$$.

You bringing your car down here or is he sending u a tune?

etmx183 06-24-2013 09:06 PM

Remote tuning being done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IneedAZ (Post 6708395)
You bringing your car down here or is he sending u a tune?

etmx183 06-24-2013 09:07 PM

When it is all done, I might just hop on the AutoTrain and see him for a visit live.

IneedAZ 06-24-2013 10:01 PM

Let me know how it performs compared to the Trifecta you had....I am in the same boat!!

etmx183 06-25-2013 07:17 AM

When it's done I will be doing a full review. In the last two weeks I've done runs on TRIFECTA Tune, on Factory tune and will be doing FSP tune when done. Three of the fastest LFX/V6s on the forum told me to go to Matt@FSP or Rhino79. So I feel good when the Elite suggest who to go to.

GretchenGotGrowl 06-25-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etmx183 (Post 6712491)
When it's done I will be doing a full review. In the last two weeks I've done runs on TRIFECTA Tune, on Factory tune and will be doing FSP tune when done. Three of the fastest LFX/V6s on the forum told me to go to Matt@FSP or Rhino79. So I feel good when the Elite suggest who to go to.

I am hoping to see you deep in the 12s after this.:thumbup:

etmx183 06-25-2013 03:16 PM

Me too, thanks for all of your suggestions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 6712582)

KMPrenger 06-25-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl (Post 6712582)

For sure!

jbrantner24 06-27-2013 02:17 AM

What's the best way to get ahold of Matt@FSP? I have pm'd him a few times with no reply.

delta6 06-27-2013 10:39 PM

:popcorn:

sycraft 06-27-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etmx183 (Post 6712491)

Hope I was one of them...:thumbsup:

bluecam805 07-05-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etmx183 (Post 6708332)

I was wondering about that trifecta tune. Ive them for a while now and wondered if the tune given to me from them needed to be adjusted.. You think a dyno will give me the REAL facts?
Because trifecta keeps telling me the tune is good

etmx183 07-06-2013 12:01 AM

I can only speak of my tune and what the dyno showed me. I would do a dyno run and see what it shows, even if all is good than you will have peace of mind. Nobody can please everybody, I just felt I should have seen better results on the dyno. Lots of people on here are happy with Trifecta tunes. So I'm trying another tune to see what comes out of it.

etmx183 07-06-2013 12:03 AM

His message box on here was not working right, try again. If no luck let me know and I'll get you his direct email.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrantner24 (Post 6721856)
What's the best way to get ahold of Matt@FSP? I have pm'd him a few times with no reply.