Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   09 Audi A4 2.0T vs Camaro 2LT/RS (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30369)

Countach 07-01-2009 05:20 PM

09 Audi A4 2.0T vs Camaro 2LT/RS
 
This is what i think my new car decision will come down too.

I know they are not the same but these are the two cars I really like. the Camaro has the power but the audi had the class. What do u guys think will be a better car in the long run.

RobH 07-01-2009 06:20 PM

Not really the same type of cars. A four door seday vs. a coupe. If you are looking for Camaro V6 alternatives, I would look at the Genesis Coupe Track. I don't understand the class comment. It is a base Audi, not a BMW or Mercedes or even an Infinity.

Countach 07-01-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobH (Post 639667)
Not really the same type of cars. A four door seday vs. a coupe. If you are looking for Camaro V6 alternatives, I would look at the Genesis Coupe Track. I don't understand the class comment. It is a base Audi, not a BMW or Mercedes or even an Infinity.

I dont know if you have seen a A4 lately but it is built much better then the anything Merc makes in the same range, and looks and feels much better the the bmw 3. And i have seen the Genesis coupe and i was not impressed with the interior.

And as far as you comment on not a good comparison, if its the two cars im looking at and im gonna buy one why cant i have them compared?

DntWrryBeHappy21 07-01-2009 06:52 PM

hm well the audi is a great luxury car and they're decently quick, without going into 0-60 times and what not, however they are known to start having electrical problems (or at least used to) after the first 100k miles or so, so in the REAL long run i'd say the camaro....but i love both cars. If you plan on having kids (or if you have kids) i guess a4


btw a4 0-60 is roughly 5.7 seconds according to caranddriver

Mojave 07-01-2009 08:09 PM

I owned a 2008 A4. The interior is great and I would expect the 2009 to be as good. That would be the only area where is really stands out for me above the Camaro. Add the AWD in the winter if that matters to you ,but all other areas I would vote Camaro. The A4 does not really standout much ,but of the German sedans the Audi's are my favorites.

WhiteCrane 07-02-2009 12:14 AM

Dont buy the cheapest car Audi makes.

Mojave 07-02-2009 01:53 PM

Audi makes cheaper than the A4 both abroad and in the States.

manimsoblack 07-03-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteCrane (Post 640927)
Dont buy the cheapest car Audi makes.

:facepalm:

911 Scene 07-04-2009 07:12 AM

Go with the A4 , it will still look good even after the Camaro gets played out!

blinkme323 07-04-2009 10:55 AM

Isn't the base A4 FWD though?

chevyridinghigh 07-08-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911 Scene (Post 647695)
Go with the A4 , it will still look good even after the Camaro gets played out!

Kind of like how the Porsche design was played out when they stopped redesigning it and started putting it on a truck frame... Talk about a BLAH car

camero 08-08-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911 Scene (Post 647695)
Go with the A4 , it will still look good even after the Camaro gets played out!

Yeah, nothing cooler than an old Audi.

kellertxgen5 08-08-2009 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camero (Post 777265)
Yeah, nothing cooler than an old Audi.

:laughabove:

DropTheGloves 08-08-2009 11:55 PM

That 5.7 sec. 0-60 time is for the 3.2, not the 2.0. The 2.0 would be closer to the 7 sec. mark. Ask yourself what do you want. Do you want luxury? or do you prefer power? The Audi has a great exterior, a decent interior, but the 2.0 lacks power. I also have a friend that had a 08 2.0 and she did nothing but complained about the constant problems that it gave her. The camaro, if you get the v6 has more power, has a nice exterior, but lacks the modern day interior. You also have to consider if you are going to end up voiding out your warranty with performance parts as well. Audis are more expensive to maintain. You may want to consider the price tag as well. I have seen the 2.0's go for the low 30k range. The last thing you will want to consider is insurance. Just because the audi is a 2.0 does not mean it will be cheaper. Luxury cars have been known to have higher insurance rates because they are luxury cars.

GTengineer 08-09-2009 04:52 PM

You can't expect any reasonable suggestions here because they are such different cars. Ultimately it comes down to what YOU and ONLY YOU likes, needs, and can afford.

If it was me I would go with the 2LT. I like some Audi's but these A4 seem very "blah" in looks department. I don't think these have that timeless classy look of other Audi models or BMWs have. That is ... unless you need 4 doors.

prostock69 08-09-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyridinghigh (Post 658896)
Kind of like how the Porsche design was played out when they stopped redesigning it and started putting it on a truck frame... Talk about a BLAH car

Snap!:clap:

Zeus 08-09-2009 07:41 PM

The audi is a nice nice niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice car. The attention to detail is amazing. BUT, if your getting a 2.0L A4, that car will be Boring with a capital B. If you are in love with the styling or cant get over the Audi interior, get the A4.

However.

The camaro is a cooler car. Better styling. Interior isn't nearly up to par, but its got a better engine as which will make it a more enjoyable ride. Id get the Camaro, its the hot car, and its the one you will look back on as being a good buy... rather than the nice but generic audi which will be duplicated a million times over.

Mr Twisty 08-09-2009 08:58 PM

Almost bought a Porch once... Then realized it was just a gussied up VW Beetle.


scuse me... Porch-uh

Mr. Wyndham 08-09-2009 09:08 PM

Buy American. :flag2:
If I were in your position...that'd be the deciding factor for me....My .02.

I think you need to re-evaluate exactly what you want in a car, and that will make all the difference. Because they don't have a lot in common to really compare apples to apples.

Luxury v. looks and heritage....$$$ vs. less $$$. just to name a couple off the top of my head.

srevoal 08-09-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 779765)
Buy American. :flag2:
If I were in your position...that'd be the deciding factor for me....My .02.

I think you need to re-evaluate exactly what you want in a car, and that will make all the difference. Because they don't have a lot in common to really compare apples to apples.

Luxury v. looks and heritage....$$$ vs. less $$$. just to name a couple off the top of my head.

:laughabove:

How is buying a Camaro buying American? It's built in Canada! The Alabama built Toyota Camry is more "American" than the Camaro at this point.

SleepWarz 08-10-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srevoal (Post 779809)
:laughabove:

How is buying a Camaro buying American? It's built in Canada! The Alabama built Toyota Camry is more "American" than the Camaro at this point.

I don't think you should be complaining, it could be getting built in china!

Oh and BTW, North America, we share the same continent. =p

sixstrings 08-10-2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 779730)
Almost bought a Porch once... Then realized it was just a gussied up VW Beetle.


scuse me... Porch-uh

Not really sure you should be making fun of a car you have never owned. They are amazing cars. Totally different animal from the Camaro so it is not apples to apples.

Zeus 08-10-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 779730)
Almost bought a Porch once... Then realized it was just a gussied up VW Beetle.


scuse me... Porch-uh




I'd be carefull. People you debate with could find this and disscredit about anything you say just at the mention of how stupid and ignorant to cars this is.

Countach 08-10-2009 04:04 PM

i already ordered my camaro more then a month ago, its being built next week


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.