Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Exterior Parts & Accessories (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   ---AUTOSOURCE presents--- ZL1 Front End Conversion Group Buy! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303842)

Autosource 06-24-2013 08:27 PM

---AUTOSOURCE presents--- ZL1 Front End Conversion Group Buy!
 
Alright guys- So we have ZL1 front end conversions as our first product on Camaro5!
***Group buy will be open until July 12th***




************************************************************
EDIT: Alright guys- we might have another option/idea as well. For those who would like NOT to have the grill included, we can do that as well. We'll sell/ship the front bumper without the grill, and you can install your own grill if you prefer(ex. Heritage grill etc), onto this bumper when you receive it. If the grill is removed from your order, your total price will go down by $30.
************************************************************

*Pricing Is As Follows:*

5-9 Buyers: $680 SHIPPED
10+ Buyers: $650 SHIPPED

*Prices Include Shipping Insurance & Paypal Fees As Well*
*Local Pickups Are ALWAYS Welcome*
*Sales Tax Will Be Applied For California Residents*



Everything you see below will be included for the prices listed above, to anywhere in the continental USA.
Please PM for shipping quotes if you are located outside of the lower 48 states.
Straight forward, bolt on installation- No modifications or trimming required at all!
Made of polypropylene, EXTREMELY durable- same as OEM, if not more rigid.
Upper & lower grills are removable, you can replace the upper grill with any you prefer.
OEM DRL's will slide right into place.




CONVERSION KIT INCLUDES:
Full Front Fascia Replacement
Upper Grill (Bowtie Delete)
Lower Grill, Splitter, & Undertray
Left & Right Side Foglight/DRL Bezels
H11 Projector Foglights



MORE INFO:
***Our tech was able to install the bumper in an hour flat!
***Even though the conversion can be done by any handy DIY'er, professional installation is highly recommended.
***Feel free to post any questions you may have regarding the conversion, we'll do what we can to help!
***Fitment is spot on, as shown in pics below!




http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/35/vh54.jpg
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6656/geuh.jpg
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7434/gnbe.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6854/hbgt.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2456/9fuv.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6989/v4sq.jpg
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2704/vugm.jpg
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8770/hh1d.jpg
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7471/gk8q.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6505/v7lz.jpg
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1220/s7ks.jpg
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8766/qpml.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1309/acv2.jpg
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9197/n59g.jpg
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2185/e5e3.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1878/n4tj.jpg
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7601/q2zq.jpg
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2548/gyuf.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/6614/kcna.jpg
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3857/95e2.jpg
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/6258/21uj.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7670/l2nm.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/484/ssuh.jpg
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/5999/ru9d.jpg
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6027/cipp.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2116/1kmx.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9068/mtj9.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2104/7uqz.jpg
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/782/1ggw.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/5897/ui6.jpg
http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/1521/cnuz.jpg
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/6452/36pu.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8783/pbhr.jpg





***CURRENT GROUP BUY LIST***
1.) Camaro-2LT(paid)
2.) hardt2788
(pending deposit)
3.) Camaro Ice
(paid)
4.) superdrummer38 (paid)
5.)
nesgto (paid)
6.) Schmidty (paid)
7.)
ChargedCamaro (paid)
8.) ramsman34(
paid)
9.) inf3rno
(paid)
10.) bn1651 (paid)

Infinite-T 06-24-2013 10:01 PM

Very nice! Any pre-painted options available?

intensifi 06-24-2013 11:49 PM

So these are NOT OEM parts?

Pics of the "under tray" would also be useful.

I've read the ZL1 absorber is required when ZL1 bumpers are installed on the LS, LT and SS models.

Does this require the mods to properly line up with the non ZL1 hoods?

lscamaro 06-25-2013 01:58 AM

Finally an alternative to the zl1 bumper that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'll be tuned in for this one. :popcorn:

AdamZ 06-25-2013 02:44 AM

Subscribed


Will these fit a v6?

inf3rno 06-25-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 6712313)
Subscribed


Will these fit a v6?

:word:

And any pre-painted options available?

Stitch 06-25-2013 11:48 AM

Intrigued...

whemming 06-25-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intensifi (Post 6712022)
So these are NOT OEM parts?

Pics of the "under tray" would also be useful.

I've read the ZL1 absorber is required when ZL1 bumpers are installed on the LS, LT and SS models.

Does this require the mods to properly line up with the non ZL1 hoods?


+1 on this question

Autosource 06-25-2013 02:05 PM

Current group buy list:
1.) StormTrooperCamaro




Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinite-T (Post 6711636)
Very nice! Any pre-painted options available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by inf3rno (Post 6713199)
:word: And any pre-painted options available?

Hey! No, not as of yet. Maybe in the future, but as of now unfortunately not. For locals, we do have several shops that we refer our customers to though. :thumbsup:



Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6712278)
Finally an alternative to the zl1 bumper that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I'll be tuned in for this one.

Just hop on group buy! You won't regret it. Def affordable, and free goodies are always nice!



Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamZ (Post 6712313)
Subscribed
Will these fit a v6?

They will fit all Camaros, the bumpers are interchangeable. Only thing is, the LS models do not have DRLs out of the factory AFAIK, so that would be something that you'll have to order separately.



Quote:

Originally Posted by intensifi (Post 6712022)
So these are NOT OEM parts?
Pics of the "under tray" would also be useful.
I've read the ZL1 absorber is required when ZL1 bumpers are installed on the LS, LT and SS models.
Does this require the mods to properly line up with the non ZL1 hoods?

No, these are not OEM GM parts. Pretty darn close though!
Our tech reused the original absorber on the SS that we did the test fit on. The bumpers are just like the stock ZL1 ones, so just like the OEM kit it wont line up 100% to non ZL1 hoods.
This is the tray in question:
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7378/ri8.png










intensifi 06-25-2013 02:12 PM

Thanks for the update.

It sounds like I'd need to add an absorber to the install.

Since these will mostly be fit to non ZL1 base cars, why not make them line up to the non ZL1 hood out of the mold?

Where are you located in So Cal? I'll be down there in a week. I'd like to stop by and see one up close.

Autosource 06-25-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intensifi (Post 6714095)
Thanks for the update.

It sounds like I'd need to add an absorber to the install.

Since these will mostly be fit to non ZL1 base cars, why not make them line up to the non ZL1 hood out of the mold?

Where are you located in So Cal? I'll be down there in a week. I'd like to stop by and see one up close.

No problem! Well, we thought about doing that but in the end decided to just go OEM design bc we figured sooner or later, ZL1 hoods/inserts will be readily available either via us or other vendors. :thumbsup:

We are located in 91748, City of Industry, CA. Feel free to come by and check out the kit at our facility. M-F, 9am-7pm.

Autosource 06-25-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intensifi (Post 6714095)
Thanks for the update.
It sounds like I'd need to add an absorber to the install.

Just verified with our tech again, he reused the absorber. The bumper dimensions should be almost identical, there should be no reason to need a ZL1 absorber :thumbsup:

lscamaro 06-25-2013 05:07 PM

What's the regular price on this without the group buy?

Autosource 06-25-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6714817)
What's the regular price on this without the group buy?

$699 shipped anywhere in the continental USA sir!

ka1 06-25-2013 05:51 PM

wow! Wish I could jump on this.

67motorcat 06-25-2013 06:05 PM

:popcorn:

intensifi 06-25-2013 06:11 PM

Will a factory ZL1 lower grill fit your facia? Same question on the light inserts?

How would you rate the quality of the material compared to the factory version (stiffer, not as stiff, same, thicker, thinner). Is it the same type of material?

Where is it made (e.g. USA, China)?

Are the pieces primed? If so with what?

Just trying to make an apples to apples comparison.

Grimlock 06-26-2013 02:36 AM

I'd put myself down only if there was an easy way to line up the hood lines. Another vendor here sells them with it fixed. Painting won't be an issue for me.

Autosource 06-26-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ka1 (Post 6715032)
wow! Wish I could jump on this.

Dont wish, just do it :biggrin:



Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimlock (Post 6717039)
I'd put myself down only if there was an easy way to line up the hood lines. Another vendor here sells them with it fixed. Painting won't be an issue for me.

It would be the same process as doing the factory GM bumper. Gen5DIY I believe has them, with the cowl line fix. It's not too much work, and isn't extremely noticeable even if installed without the fix!



Quote:

Originally Posted by intensifi (Post 6715127)
Will a factory ZL1 lower grill fit your facia? Same question on the light inserts?
How would you rate the quality of the material compared to the factory version (stiffer, not as stiff, same, thicker, thinner). Is it the same type of material?
Where is it made (e.g. USA, China)?
Are the pieces primed? If so with what?
Just trying to make an apples to apples comparison.

Will a factory ZL1 lower grill fit your facia? Same question on the light inserts? I dont see why not, the bumper dimensions are exactly the same.

How would you rate the quality of the material compared to the factory version (stiffer, not as stiff, same, thicker, thinner). Is it the same type of material? I would rate it 10/10. It is the same material as OEM, if not stronger. In no way is it flimsy at all.

Where is it made (e.g. USA, China)? We manufacture these at our facility in Taiwan(where QC actually existsvs most of China's factories).

Are the pieces primed? If so with what?
No, they are just unpainted pieces, just like the finish of a ZL1 bumper bought directly from the dealership. Being made of PP material, the paint process would be exactly the same as if you were painting your factory GM bumper. I can't stress enough how similar these are to OEM GM parts
:thumb:

SoCalThug 06-26-2013 05:42 PM

Great price, and your down the street from me. Are you going to offer any more camaro parts in the future? Look into making a "havoc diffusor" or something similar, if the price is right they will sell like hotcakes!

Autosource 06-26-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalThug (Post 6719844)
Great price, and your down the street from me. Are you going to offer any more camaro parts in the future? Look into making a "havoc diffusor" or something similar, if the price is right they will sell like hotcakes!

I see you're in DB, not far at all. I grew up in DB myself!

Yes, DEFINITELY have more Camaro parts on the way! Will be putting more threads up throughout the week sir.

Diffusers are definitely something that we are working on, along with many other parts! :thumb:

Gio594 06-26-2013 09:24 PM

It says:
*Pricing Is As Follows:*
5-9 Buyers: $680 SHIPPED
10+ Buyers: $650 SHIPPED

Can you PM me the Ca$h price if i pick it up. Any Angelino discount since you dont have to ship

Autosource 06-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gio594 (Post 6721018)
It says:
*Pricing Is As Follows:*
5-9 Buyers: $680 SHIPPED
10+ Buyers: $650 SHIPPED

Can you PM me the Ca$h price if i pick it up. Any Angelino discount since you dont have to ship

PMed!

Local customer just picked one up right now, there's still room on the list for group guys guys. We might be willing to do an 'add mailslot' to the bumpers before we ship them out, to those who are interested in having the mail slot. +$100 for the mailslot mod.

Autosource 06-28-2013 12:08 PM

Current Group Buy List Updated On Bottom Of Post #1!!!

Come on guys, only one week left :)

superdrummer38 06-28-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autosource (Post 6724721)
PMed!

Local customer just picked one up right now, there's still room on the list for group guys guys. We might be willing to do an 'add mailslot' to the bumpers before we ship them out, to those who are interested in having the mail slot. +$100 for the mailslot mod.

Let me see one with the mail slot and I'm in.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.