Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Quick certified pre owned question. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304719)

jake2212 06-29-2013 02:13 AM

Quick certified pre owned question.
 
My car has a 1year/12000 mile warranty. Is that up at 12000, or 12000+what I bought it at. Thank you

Dtrimpi87 06-29-2013 02:58 AM

What ever the mileage was that you bought it at, add 12, 000. If you bought it with 20, 000 miles, the warranty would be up 1 year from the date you bought it or 32, 000 miles. Whichever comes first.

jake2212 06-29-2013 02:32 PM

Awesome, Ty. Cause a dealership tried telling me my warranty was up so I was confused. Still got 3500 miles left

FanDamNCSU 06-29-2013 03:37 PM

My dealership did the same thing...

MONTANACARGUY 06-29-2013 03:41 PM

If you bought the car still under the factory 36/36 ...then it now has a 48/48...If it was out of the 36/36 the you have a 12/12,,,hope that helps. That is for GM certified pre-owned.

The Stig 06-29-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONTANACARGUY (Post 6732250)
If you bought the car still under the factory 36/36 ...then it now has a 48/48...If it was out of the 36/36 the you have a 12/12,,,hope that helps. That is for GM certified pre-owned.

Well it's his 12/12 plus whatever was left on the 36/36

Edit: ignore my previous comment about 30,000 -checked the warranty book, it wasn't about the bumper to bumper warranty.

MONTANACARGUY 06-29-2013 04:18 PM

If he bought his car still under warranty...GM certified adds the 12/12 to the end of the 36/36...hence he gets a 48/48 warranty from the original in- service date.

Angrybird 12 06-29-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6732306)
Well it's his 12/12 plus whatever was left on the 36/36 (which is actually 3 years or 30,000 miles - not 36,000)

Mine says It's 3 years or 36,000 miles on the Factory bumper to bumper warranty, where did you come up with 30,000 miles?

The Stig 06-29-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONTANACARGUY (Post 6732341)
If he bought his car still under warranty...GM certified adds the 12/12 to the end of the 36/36...hence he gets a 48/48 warranty from the original in- service date.

Ish - it would be 48/48 from the original owner's purchase date.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.