Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chevy Camaro vs... (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   2011 Camaro SS vs 2002 Corvette ZO6 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304868)

JEFF75645 06-30-2013 09:38 AM

2011 Camaro SS vs 2002 Corvette ZO6
 
Had a guy challenge me to a race in his 02 Corvette Z06. My numbers are in my sig and Im auto trans. As far as I know he doesn't have any mods and is manual.

Deki 06-30-2013 10:10 AM

I've seen them trap as high as 118mph stock, so I'm gonna say driver's race if he can drive.

Blackkaz04 06-30-2013 10:11 AM

This thread has been done

Blackkaz04 06-30-2013 10:11 AM

This thread has been done...drivers race

JEFF75645 06-30-2013 10:17 AM

Oh I didn't realize another Camaro with my same mods had asked this question.

Im trying to hold off until I get slicks and skinnies

JEFF75645 06-30-2013 10:21 AM

I went to the track the other day and ran 12.6 @ 111. But my 60' was about 2.1. No traction off the line. Last fall I ran 12.4 @ 114 before we added the stall. I have no clue what he has run.

Deki 06-30-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF75645 (Post 6734295)
I went to the track the other day and ran 12.6 @ 111. But my 60' was about 2.1. No traction off the line. Last fall I ran 12.4 @ 114 before we added the stall. I have no clue what he has run.

12.6@111 with a 2.1 60? That's a pretty weird time. Your car must be packing a hell of a mid range and falling flat on it's face at the top.

JEFF75645 06-30-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deki (Post 6734692)
12.6@111 with a 2.1 60? That's a pretty weird time. Your car must be packing a hell of a mid range and falling flat on it's face at the top.

Let me correct myself

12.618@111.18 1.995 60'
12.630@114.47. 2.144 60'
12.693@110.56. 2.051 60'
12.696@113.90. 2 195 60'

Deki, Check out this thread. It may explain my numbers a little more

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303356

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...ps8188f298.jpg

Blackkaz04 07-08-2013 11:50 PM

my bone stock 03 Z06 ran 12.4 at sea level wth the temp at about 83F

wally mayfield 07-08-2013 11:52 PM

i'd give an ovary for a z06..

Biscuitpie 07-09-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally mayfield (Post 6765617)
i'd give an ovary for a z06..

You could have bought 2 instead of your car...

Dr. Evil 07-09-2013 03:36 AM

Been around vettes alot. I had a hotcammed 1996 LT4 that ran with C5 Z06s. I trapped a consistent 116mph and usually beat them unless they were modded. If you trap 114 it'll be very close if he is %100 stock but dont be surprised if he gets you.
Oh and all Z06s are manual trans.

08-G35s/6MT 07-09-2013 05:19 AM

Your Camaro should be high 11's car. My friends 4400 lb 300c show car makes 440 whp and does 11.9-12.2 @ 113-114 mph..... without a stall.


As for the vette, they really aren't all that fast.... In my heads/cam ls1 Camaro I had a close race one time with one, but on the top end I started pulling away decently. They are mid-high 12's car, the fact that he is manual almost guarantees you win unless he gets a perfect run in.

302-412 07-09-2013 06:19 AM

^^Not just a "vette", a ZO6, I would have to disagree with you as to them not all being fast. Any car can be driven poorly, but don't discount an 2002 just because it's not a LS7.

Dr. Evil 07-09-2013 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT (Post 6766080)
Your Camaro should be high 11's car. My friends 4400 lb 300c show car makes 440 whp and does 11.9-12.2 @ 113-114 mph..... without a stall.


As for the vette, they really aren't all that fast.... In my heads/cam ls1 Camaro I had a close race one time with one, but on the top end I started pulling away decently. They are mid-high 12's car, the fact that he is manual almost guarantees you win unless he gets a perfect run in.


You must be new to cars.

C5 Z06 Bone-Stock Times

1
--11.783 @ 116.90--1.818--J-Rod---------'02
2--11.818 @ 117.26--1.783--Ranger--------'02 11/03 Slip
3--11.844 @ 117.91--1.761--Gary2004Z06-'04 12/07 Post 229, Slip
4--11.93x @ 119.xx--1.xxx --Esoteric-------'0x
5--11.97x @ 118.80--1.90x--GMHTP--------'04 03/04
6--11.99x @ 117.61--1.xxx --02Z06Racer---'02
7--12.048 @ 115.92--1.866--pwrshfd-------'02 12/03
8--12.074 @ 119.18--1.860--02EBzEE------'02 10/11 Post #36
9--12.08x @ 115.95--1.83x--Pray ----------'02 01/06 Slip
10-12.09x @ xxx.xx --1.79x--UVETTA -------'03


C5 Z06 CAI and DOT Tire Times (drag radial and bias ply)

1--11.529 @ 120.21--1.641--Ranger-------'02 11/04--HT CAI, 17" BFG Slip Video
2--11.581 @ 117.40--1.675--jonecap------'02 11/10--HT CAI, ET Street, Post #4
3--11.596 @ 118.53--1.675--J-Rod --------'02 xx/xx --ZipTie, ET Street BP
4--11.5xx @ 118.xx --1.67x--fergy flyer ---'02 02/05--CAI, DR
5--11.640 @ 116.19--1.628--Fbodyowner--'02 02/11--VR CAI, ET Street, Posts #11 and #14
6--11.656 @ 117.75--1.671--eb02z06------'02 10/02--VT CAI Slip
7--11.659 @ 116.97--1.645--PowerShifter -'0x 10/02--CAI, DR
8--11.694 @ 116.56--1.65x--BLU BY U -----'02 12/02--VR CAI, BFG DR
9--11.711 @ 115.53--1.653--Robert56 -----'02 06/05--VR CAI, 18" BFG DR Slip
10-11.756 @ 116.87--1.66x--Steve Row ----'0x xx/xx --CAI, DR



C5 Z06 External Bolt On Times (stock long-block)

1--10.890@125.06--1.465--GARY2004Z06--'04 12/08-VR, DRs, ARH LTs, Tex Exo-Skel, 4.10s, Post #356
2--11.175@121.07--1.610--94z28racecar---'03 12/09-VR CAI, LTs, UDP, Mcleod Twin, DRs, Post #463
3--11.214@122.30--1.580--Dr Ron----------'03 11/05-VR CAI, ET St, LT, ClutchSlip
4--11.25x@123.7x--1.58x--Butcher---------'03 10/04-Bolt Ons, 3.90 gear
5--11.329@121.72--1.606--Stevo92z28-----'02 03/10-LTs, Blackwing, ET Streets, Skinnies Post #500
6--11.37x@123.7x--1.48x--PaulZ06---------'0x xx/xx -Bolt Ons, 3.73 gearVideo
7--11.405@123.61--1.616 --Qksiver---------'02 01/05-VR CAI, NT DR, Clutch Slip
8--11.442@122.51--1.643--spindoctor------'01 01/07-ET ST, CAI, LT
9--11.461@119.79--1.634--procs2v---------'02 04/08-HT CAI, MT DR, LT, Post 220 Video
10-11.566@119.50--1.772-Robert@SpeedDemon-'04 02/09-CAI, BFG DR, LT, Post #380

newagemuscle 07-09-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF75645 (Post 6734227)
Had a guy challenge me to a race in his 02 Corvette Z06. My numbers are in my sig and Im auto trans. As far as I know he doesn't have any mods and is manual.

My brother had one back in the day and went 12.34 @ 116 when it was bone stock. With long tubes, tune, rockers, and a CAI. he went 11.83 @ 119. This was with some help from some Nitto 555R's and a good preped track (Norwalk). He was only making 382 rwhp when he ran his best. They are pretty light cars and run well with the right driver.

RedWingsZL1 07-09-2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT (Post 6766080)
Your Camaro should be high 11's car. My friends 4400 lb 300c show car makes 440 whp and does 11.9-12.2 @ 113-114 mph..... without a stall.


As for the vette, they really aren't all that fast.... In my heads/cam ls1 Camaro I had a close race one time with one, but on the top end I started pulling away decently. They are mid-high 12's car, the fact that he is manual almost guarantees you win unless he gets a perfect run in.

Which camaro did you take? The red one or the grey/silver one? I forget which one is yours.

I know one blew up and the other one you haven't started building yet. Sooo...

Should have just taken the G35s or the Accord. You'd have beat the Corvette easily. :bellyroll:

camaroRND2 07-09-2013 09:07 AM

C5 Z06 is one of my dream cars with only a driver mod would decimate my 450rwhp camaro. And lets not talk bout aranger he's a freak of nature behind the wheel.

Mamooth 07-09-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 (Post 6766199)
Which camaro did you take? The red one or the grey/silver one? I forget which one is yours.

I know one blew up and the other one you haven't started building yet. Sooo...

Should have just taken the G35s or the Accord. You'd have beat the Corvette easily. :bellyroll:

:sm0:

meadowz06 07-18-2013 05:52 PM

Z06! It weighs 3115lbs. I had 2 of them, both stock. Pretty quick. As the speeds increase the Z06 will pull away.

Deki 07-18-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 6766127)
You must be new to cars.

lol funniest thing I've read in a while :respekt:

Blackkaz04 07-19-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deki (Post 6794145)
lol funniest thing I've read in a while :respekt:

Lol the c5z is a sick car...I sold mine for the Camaro only because I wanted a little more comfort room and updated styling.

There also aren't many Zs out there that are stock these dAys either....that car is fast with just bolt ons and a good tune.

Dr. Evil 07-22-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackkaz04 (Post 6795948)
Lol the c5z is a sick car...I sold mine for the Camaro only because I wanted a little more comfort room and updated styling.

There also aren't many Zs out there that are stock these dAys either....that car is fast with just bolt ons and a good tune.



I did much the same. I had a 96 LT4 car that was modded. It'd beat a stock Z but not by much. After 9 years with that car I just wanted something with a back seat and updated. I do miss it though. Rolling into the throttle in 2nd gear and wasting the tires or downshifting to 3rd on the interstate was fun in that car. The Camaro... not so much.

GraySS2011 07-22-2013 09:46 PM

I owned a 2002 Z06 and 12.4 in the quarter is right on the money.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.