Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   ZFX Question (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30631)

Rtoups 07-03-2009 12:58 AM

ZFX Question

Ya, my Zaino order came in today, so naturally, I decided to try it out on my Saab. The directions say to add 4-5 drops of ZFX to one of the 2oz mixing bottles with Z2 or Z5 in it. So I did, but 5 drops is about half of that little 2ml bottle. This just doesn't seem right. If I decided to use ZFX with another mixing bottle, I'll be out of ZFX entirely at this rate! Am I doing something wrong?

Moose 07-03-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtoups (Post 644743)
Ya, my Zaino order came in today, so naturally, I decided to try it out on my Saab. The directions say to add 4-5 drops of ZFX to one of the 2oz mixing bottles with Z2 or Z5 in it. So I did, but 5 drops is about half of that little 2ml bottle. This just doesn't seem right. If I decided to use ZFX with another mixing bottle, I'll be out of ZFX entirely at this rate! Am I doing something wrong?

I'll try to clarify this for ya' ;);

One 2oz. bottle, (which is included in ZFX) filled, is enough for 3 coats. ;)

The "blue" liquid in the little bottle is used in the following quantities;

- 1 oz. of polish - add 4 drops (which is plenty)
- 2 oz. of polish - add 8 drops (which is plenty)

Thats' pretty much the exact instructions from the box of ZFX. ;)

I recall the first time I received ZFX. I called Sal, as I too thought the bottle wasn't filled correctly. But trust me, you have enough. ;)

Also, I shake it well for 60/90 sec., then let it sit for 30 sec., before using.

Finally, use only the bottles included as they give you the correct amounts of polish to additive (blue drops). ;)

Hope that helped?

Ed

Mr_Draco 07-03-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtoups (Post 644743)

The bottle is only filled half way to allow the air to push out the ZFX. Do not squeeze the bottle, just let the air do the work for you. That one 2ml bottle is enough for well over 30 coats of polish on a full size car.

Rtoups 07-03-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 646117)
The bottle is only filled half way to allow the air to push out the ZFX. Do not squeeze the bottle, just let the air do the work for you. That one 2ml bottle is enough for well over 30 coats of polish on a full size car.

Ya I figured out that I was just squeezing the bottle too hard. This morning, I added 4 drops of ZFX to 1 oz of Z2, and it worked out great. I just squeezed out too much the first time.

Operator error :)

pikSkip 07-04-2009 07:12 PM

Usually depending on "squeeze" force, tip opening, liquid viscosity, etc. there are ~ 20 drops/ml.

mlee 07-04-2009 07:23 PM

.:needpics:

j/k... lets see that baby all shined up...:D

Banshee 07-04-2009 09:36 PM

PS...

LOVE Zaino!

Easy, long process, but results AWESOME!