Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Service Stabilitrak/ Car Stalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307286)

btsmith81 07-15-2013 01:03 PM

Service Stabilitrak/ Car Stalls

So yesterday I had my ZL1 out and I was backing up when the service Stabilitrak came on and the car shut off. That happened twice and the car restarted so I drove down the road and came to a traffic light where the car did the same thing but this time it would not restart. I had the car taken by rollback to my dealer. I did put the rotofab on the other day but I wouldn't think that would cause this. Any ideas what this is? Thanks Bill

HDRDTD 07-15-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btsmith81 (Post 6780784)
So yesterday I had my ZL1 out and I was backing up when the service Stabilitrak came on and the car shut off. That happened twice and the car restarted so I drove down the road and came to a traffic light where the car did the same thing but this time it would not restart. I had the car taken by rollback to my dealer. I did put the rotofab on the other day but I wouldn't think that would cause this. Any ideas what this is? Thanks Bill

Did you by any chance re-locate the ground wire when you installed the Roto-Fab?

Sharp-ZL1 07-15-2013 02:24 PM

Mine has done the same thing. But in has never shut off just limited power. If I shut the car off and wait 2-5 minutes then all is good until next time. Even when taking easy it does it. Yes i had the ground wire relocated. Sorry Op don't mean to steal your thread but maybe with more info maybe we can get a better answer. What did the dealership come up with?

HDRDTD 07-15-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharp-ZL1 (Post 6781039)
Mine has done the same thing. But in has never shut off just limited power. If I shut the car off and wait 2-5 minutes then all is good until next time. Even when taking easy it does it. Yes i had the ground wire relocated. Sorry Op don't mean to steal your thread but maybe with more info maybe we can get a better answer. What did the dealership come up with?

IIRC there have been cases where relocating the ground wire isn't making as good of a ground as in the original location.

If you can, try putting the ground wire back in the original location and see if it makes a difference.

btsmith81 07-15-2013 03:11 PM

They are talking with GM tech assistance. He said that the car is running fine for him but it is showing a couple communication errors. I really hope that this isn't the beginning of an electrical nightmare that keeps popping up.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 07-15-2013 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btsmith81 (Post 6780784)

Greetings Bill,

Sorry to hear about the service stabilitrak concern with your vehicle. I'm glad the dealership is investigating this for you. Keep us posted on the diagnosis and feel free to contact us if additional assistance is needed.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

btsmith81 07-16-2013 06:20 PM

Got my car back today. After I had the car transported by rollback to the dealer it fired up the very next morning when they went to look at it. My friend/ GM Technician said that the car drove fine and ran fine and he could not get it to duplicate the problem but did tell me that there was a code in it for the stabilitrak as well as communication errors. He contacted GM Tech assistance which ended up telling him to replace the terminals on 4 modules that were not communicating with each other. He did that and cleared the codes and the car has still not acted up for him. I picked the car up a couple hours ago and it has not duplicated the problem for me either. I hope that this was just a simple fix and that I have no more issues. Thanks Bill