Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   RX questions/opinions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307308)

Patrick864 RS 07-15-2013 04:00 PM

RX questions/opinions

I have had my LLT Camaro for over 2 years now and ever since the first day I came to this forum Tracy has been the "top dog" I guess you could say when it come to products and help. I recently became very interested in the RX SC kit and read reviews on here about how supportive the customers were. Then.....I wake up and all hell broke loose on here about Tracy and RX. I dont get it. Almost everybody that has been a customer of RX has never said anything negative...and then they all come out of the wood work complaining about every little problem. Why not speak up? If I had an issue I wouldnt keep my mouth shut about it and lie to the forum. Stories dont really add up to me. I know RX has became really backed up and the service has been really slow and everything else that has happened inside of the business. Tracy has always been great to me through email and Ive actually recieved 2 emails from him today. Being a business major I understand whats happening here with the many problems that has surfaced. I have confidence in the shop and that one day it will get back to where it was "pictured" out to be on here over the last 2 years I have followed them on here. :noidea: Voice your opinion. Its what the forum is for. Positive? Tell us about it. Negative? Explain it all...both sides. :happy0180::grouphug::grouphug::thumbup:

butters 07-15-2013 04:25 PM

I don't see the purpose of this thread. There are already plenty of threads about RX. If you never had a problem with them, then by all means, keep doing business with them.

V6owner 07-15-2013 04:30 PM

I'd personally stay away on FI with them. They say you will have your "Kit" in 2 weeks and it will end up being shipped in 2 months. Or if you ship your car there you will be Carless for months for no reason at all. Just my .02

Al C. 07-15-2013 04:37 PM

OP I suggest doing your own research, you will get good reviews and bad. I have my own opinions bout Rx.

:emoticon6:

Patrick864 RS 07-15-2013 04:50 PM

I just dont get how customers that backed him for so long...can all of a sudden become his biggest enemy is all I am saying. Ive read every post on every RX related post in this section. It just mainly concerns shipping dates...and paint problems. Which dont concern me. If I was to get a FI kit with him I would take it directly to his shop. What were problems with the FI kit? Thats what I am wanting to know. Not about the time. I just want to learn more. Thats all. Its just hard to believe how "great" he was ever since I got my car in every review and post on here, just for this recent stuff to happen.

butters 07-15-2013 04:55 PM

buyer beware!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=281376&page=8

V6owner 07-15-2013 05:05 PM

Poor fitment, missing parts, alignment issues, etc

V6owner 07-15-2013 05:10 PM

Also here is my IM after i uninstalled and emptying the catchcan frequently
http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/...er/null-19.jpg

Patrick864 RS 07-15-2013 05:53 PM

So for everyone that has sold the RX kit...was it the actual kit that caused it? Or the service? From your past threads I saw nothing but support about the business. I mean was the kit a big constant problem? Or is everyone just selling their SC's because the trend of everything that has happened? lol

SC2150 07-15-2013 07:32 PM

What you have is a few competitors that will stoop to no new low to try and get business for themselves, or to push us away from bringing new. better, lower cost products out that they see as a threat.

Any negative you see, it is easy to just click on their user name, find more posts, and see who they are praising to see the same small group. As for V6 owner, he had the second quickest v6 SC Camaro in the country until he traded it for a V8 and sold the used system (then after 5-6-7 months condems RX) but here is that system in use right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWbpdnwAnpw

NO company in the world has developed more FI options/products for the V6 Camaro crowd, and we are #1 in price for a brand new system...quality second to none.

The internet is like the wild wild west....and the amount of misinformation, greed, and no ethics seems to always rear its ugly head.

The only other kits were Missionboi (made 400 rwhp) who traded up to a V8, and that's the only used kits I am aware of, and we updated each for no cost for the buyer of these and gave the same support we do the new ones. We even convinced Pardo to buy V6 owners to help him (made us not a penny) when he was about to buy a brand new system from us (that's how we make $) and you see how v6owner showed his appreciation.

So, any questions, on Anything LLT or LFX FI related, email us direct at: RXProducts@aol.com

Also, I ask any that are looking at our products or services that get any disparaging PM's from the trouble makers to please forward them direct to TRAN. Lets get this forum back to a nice place without all the hate drama.

:happy0180:

Nutbutt 07-15-2013 07:42 PM

When I was buying my SC kit I was looking for a mature kit not a one off built system that was never done twice. Now I see RX is offering kits that seem more mature in construction.
The second thing I was looking for was someone with experience with tuning an LLT and able to show me the results. I could never get results from trifecta on the SC LLT tune.
I too have traded email with Tracy but I still needed to know the tune would be close to OEM. Even with their new RX sc kits the tune is the key. I still haven't heard from anyone that has gotten a really good tune from trifecta on a LLT SC.
I would get all the info before laying out the money since there has been considerable bad press.

SC2150 07-15-2013 07:55 PM

The tune on the LLT's have been great the past 6-8 months....Trifecta is doing an awesome job, but the LFX there is so much more that can be done. We also have some proprietary tuning parts that help that I have yet to see any other use....so that's a big key.

The videos of Erik Pardo's is the first tune we sent....and it appears pretty dang close.

The LFX allows us to use Trifecta, HPT, or EFI Live as well so lots of flexability there.

And as always, with any of our first release early systems, we have always provided the new updated/improved components when asked as we did for Pardo at no charge.

The other real important part in any FI is to understand crankcase evacuation and removing the damaging combustion byproducts from the crankcase while still in a suspended state, or the engine will gradually wear prematurely and fail prematurely....and all others I see are deleting this function, or disabling it at best. The damage will take 20-40-50k miles to show up, but it cant be outdone. And just releasing pressure will not evacuate any of these damaging compounds no matter what a seller claims.

Just search and see if any other system has had blown engines, or damage from water ingestion, etc. that can and is caused by rendering the crankcase evacuation system useless.

:thumbsup:

Patrick864 RS 07-15-2013 09:28 PM

Glad to see the tuning is coming along! thats what really holds our LLTs back. So is your $3900 price on your thread for a newly designed centri kit? Or is it for the original one....or roots? I dont understand why its for 1 LLT and 1 LFX.

Modern07 07-15-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS (Post 6781156)
I have had my LLT Camaro for over 2 years now and ever since the first day I came to this forum Tracy has been the "top dog" I guess you could say when it come to products and help. I recently became very interested in the RX SC kit and read reviews on here about how supportive the customers were. Then.....I wake up and all hell broke loose on here about Tracy and RX. I dont get it. Almost everybody that has been a customer of RX has never said anything negative...and then they all come out of the wood work complaining about every little problem. Why not speak up? If I had an issue I wouldnt keep my mouth shut about it and lie to the forum. Stories dont really add up to me. I know RX has became really backed up and the service has been really slow and everything else that has happened inside of the business. Tracy has always been great to me through email and Ive actually recieved 2 emails from him today. Being a business major I understand whats happening here with the many problems that has surfaced. I have confidence in the shop and that one day it will get back to where it was "pictured" out to be on here over the last 2 years I have followed them on here. :noidea: Voice your opinion. Its what the forum is for. Positive? Tell us about it. Negative? Explain it all...both sides. :happy0180::grouphug::grouphug::thumbup:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Tracy+Lewis+RX

The truth is out there :thumbsup:

rberns 07-15-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butters (Post 6781231)
I don't see the purpose of this thread. There are already plenty of threads about RX. If you never had a problem with them, then by all means, keep doing business with them.

As you said to me before: If you don't like his thread then move on.

To the OP, I agree. I just noticed that I am unable to send him a PM so I am going to try to call him sometime to get his help. The last 1500 miles my CC hasn't caught anything. I am not sure if it is a check valve thing or if I don't have any oil vapor coming through. Might need to get an inline clear tube so I can check to see whats going on. Not sure if that is attached to the clean or dirty side of can.

Tracy, if you are reading this please give me your email so I can get a hold of you.

Lil' Nasty 07-15-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rberns (Post 6782483)
As you said to me before: If you don't like his thread then move on.

To the OP, I agree. I just noticed that I am unable to send him a PM so I am going to try to call him sometime to get his help. The last 1500 miles my CC hasn't caught anything. I am not sure if it is a check valve thing or if I don't have any oil vapor coming through. Might need to get an inline clear tube so I can check to see whats going on. Not sure if that is attached to the clean or dirty side of can.

Tracy, if you are reading this please give me your email so I can get a hold of you.

Is the valve on the bottom threaded all the way out?.... if there's suction when the car is on, that mean the valve is open, therefore not catching any oil. Threaded out= closed Threaded in= Open

But if its closed idk what to tell you, my manifold looks like V6owner's manifold with my rx can, having little traces of oil still in it.

rberns 07-15-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty (Post 6782646)
Is the valve on the bottom threaded all the way out?.... if there's suction when the car is on, that mean the valve is open, therefore not catching any oil. Threaded out= closed Threaded in= Open

But if its closed idk what to tell you, my manifold looks like V6owner's manifold with little traces of oil still in it.

I know that I have the can in the closed position, but I haven't even checked to see if there is any suction if I were to open it. Parts of me is thinking about putting a clear insert (forgot what its called) to see if its pulling any oil vapor through. Parts of me wonder if because my car is now "broken in" if thats why I am not catching any oil. I collected about 2 oz in the first 300 miles I had it on, but thats when the car was still being broke in.

Lil' Nasty 07-16-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rberns (Post 6782671)
I know that I have the can in the closed position, but I haven't even checked to see if there is any suction if I were to open it. Parts of me is thinking about putting a clear insert (forgot what its called) to see if its pulling any oil vapor through. Parts of me wonder if because my car is now "broken in" if thats why I am not catching any oil. I collected about 2 oz in the first 300 miles I had it on, but thats when the car was still being broke in.

Yeah you could try an inline filter to see if that works, i assume you've rechecked all of your connections.

How many miles do you drain out your cc?

Patrick864 RS 07-16-2013 12:13 AM

You can directly email him...I have gotten about 4 emails from him today. All is pretty reasonable time. And I would rather not have that "level" of bashing on this thread. There are room for opinions but those types arent really needed. Ive been doing research and I am very curious on this new kit he has...we will see what happens.

rberns 07-16-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty (Post 6782725)
Yeah you could try an inline filter to see if that works, i assume you've rechecked all of your connections.

How many miles do you drain out your cc?

Well, I drained it after 300 miles to see how it was doing and I cought a couple of ounces. But its been 1500 miles now and I have check the can a couple of times and nothing has been in it. As far as the inline filter does that go on the dirty side or the clean side of the hose. I am assuming this is something I can pick up at a autozone/parts store.

bumblebeecamaro 07-16-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modern07 (Post 6782412)

damn, talk about bad publicity...

now Tracy will combat your post by saying something silly like ALL those Google search results are RX haters out there trying to damage his company's reputation. lol :pound:

family man 07-16-2013 08:33 AM

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/aken285l.jpg

SC2150 07-16-2013 08:54 AM

If the can is hooked up correctly and your not catching much oil you may have better ring seat than most, but just check all connections, the drain (threads out extended is closed, retracted in open...just like the Mike Norris can),

I am always available by Email, but no PM's with the trouble makers here.

SC2150 07-16-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V6owner (Post 6781239)
I'd personally stay away on FI with them. They say you will have your "Kit" in 2 weeks and it will end up being shipped in 2 months. Or if you ship your car there you will be Carless for months for no reason at all. Just my .02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al C. (Post 6781251)
OP I suggest doing your own research, you will get good reviews and bad. I have my own opinions bout Rx.

:emoticon6:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modern07 (Post 6782412)

And you take the time fake that search.....no ethics at all?

I just did the same search and I find this:

RX Oil Separating catchcan System Giveaway!!! - Camaro5 Chevy ...

Great system and have posted pics to prove the amount of oil this catch cam
system has kept out of my intake ! Thanks again Tracy and hope to ...
www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185264
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Vette Magazine

RevXtreme, a Corvette specialty shop in Bradenton, Florida, was among the first
to ... "We looked at the internals of the LS7," company owner Tracy Lewis says.
http://www.vetteweb.com/features/vem...6/viewall.html

2008 Zip Products National Corvette Challenge

RevXtreme 04/14/08 - Tracy Lewis and ReXtreme, Tampa FL, return as
supporting sponsors of the 2008 National Corvette Challenge. We are happy to
have a ...
national.corvettechallenge.info/

Marc Fisher : Car "Bat out of Hell" - MH Racemaster, MandHtires ...

MandHtires.com is your direct source for the M&H Racemaster ...
www.mandhtires.com/?route=racer_of_month/racer_of_month&racer_id=40

V6 Guy's!!! Billet stall torque converter special! - Page 3 ...

Thanks to Tracy for the Torque converter!!! Install is about 5-6 hours and the
biggest pain is ... RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826. Home of the RX ...
www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6504643

Catch Can Help - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and ...

Hey Tracy, Just wanted to thank you, and everyone at RevXtreme. I bought a
catch can from you, for my 2005 CTS. Well since installing it i'm ...
www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300551

Data to Show Effects of Carbon Build Up? - Page 3 - Camaro5 Chevy ...

Hey Tracy, Just wanted to thank you, and everyone at RevXtreme. I bought a
catch can from you, for my 2005 CTS. Well since installing it i'm ...
www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286435&page=3

DocSSavage's new 236/244 cam with magnaflow muffler on his ...

Apr 4, 2009 ... DocSSavage 4 years ago. Thank you to Chris at Need2Speed, Greg at WCR,
and Tracy at RevXtreme for helping get to this point with my car!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYsCy-F03xo

Machine Zealots: January 2011

Jan 29, 2011 ... Presenting another beautiful product from the guys at RevXtreme, the RX ... I
asked Tracy what the rattling was, and he said that is was "the ...
machinezealots.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html

WAIT 7 WEEKS FOR RX DUAL CATCH CAN AND LOOKS LIKE CRAP, WITH THE ...

I've just read the thread about your car - all I can say is WOW .... The cans look
great, Thank you IRENE and TRACY at REVXTREME for taking ...
www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6780825

Rx breather cap "breathing" oil - Page 7 - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro ...

Hey Tracy, Just wanted to thank you, and everyone at RevXtreme. ... I was at my
last wits end with this car and was about to put it back on the ...
www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6585596

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Vette Magazine

I beat him by three car lengths, and we both pulled into a gas station to check out
... RevXtreme, a Corvette specialty shop in Bradenton, Florida, was among the
first to ... "We looked at the internals of the LS7," company owner Tracy Lewis
says. .... their Vette cross country one week, then go on a date to the dragstrip the
next.
www.vetteweb.com/features/vemp_0912_2006_chevrolet_corvette_z06/viewall

ls1/ls2/ls3/ls4/ls6/ls7 sc kit (non-emissions) - Whipple Industries

... drag racing 1500hp, the intercooled Whipple system can provide the power
you ... 115mm billet air inlet that works with Rev Extreme TB's; Superior reliability
www.whipplesuperchargers.com/product.asp?prodid=1230

Trans Am Dyno Pull, Rev Extreme, Tampa Fl - YouTube

Sep 16, 2007 ... Thanks Rev Extreme! I got 402hp ... Trans Am Dyno Pull, Rev Extreme, Tampa Fl
.... GreekDragster.infoby greekdragracing 79,053 views; 0:49
www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4uMxaJedtY

Red Sled Racing - Home Page

1999 Torch Red Corvette Drag Racing in The Corvette Challenge, Raceway Park
, ... I even surprised them when I asked for them to wait for the new RevXtreme ...
www.redsledracing.com/

Peter Biondo & Kyle Seipel present BracketRaces.com

In the pages of Drag Racing Action ... Peter, Emily and I spend 12 months on
making the best decisions we can on what would make for the best ... Peter
Biondo and Emily Lewis for each winning a Wally at the NHRA Thunder Valley
Nationals!
www.bracketraces.com/

And you had to sort through how much to find two ex employees that one embezzled a few hundred $ from us and one that was charged, tried, and convicted of theft as well?

Pretty lame.

Modern07 07-16-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC2150 (Post 6783540)
And you take the time fake that search.....no ethics at all?

And you had to sort through how much to find two ex employees that one embezzled a few hundred $ from us and one that was charged, tried, and convicted of theft as well?

Pretty lame.

STUNNED

I literally have no words - you think I FAKED the "let me google that for you" posting?!?!?! So you think I can somehow control what shows up on Google searches?!?! :der:

Hahahahahaahahah - Tracy, if I could do that I would be a VERY VERY rich person indeed.

I simply typed into google EXACTLY what that posting says - TRACY LEWIS RX - and that is what comes up - first page, no editing, nothing. EXACTLY as it is shown there because all that website does is google search for you based on the words you type in.

I challenge ANYBODY reading this to type direct into google exactly what I have said - TRACY LEWIS RX.

Then see what comes up.

And that will prove to you that Tracy has indeed lost the plot.

He now thinks we can fake google :lol:

Deary Me hahaha :rolleyes: