Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Camaro5 Fest IV: CAR SHOW by Adam's Polishes (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307736)

Mr. Wyndham 07-17-2013 02:59 PM

Camaro5 Fest IV: CAR SHOW by Adam's Polishes
 
3 Attachment(s)
Sponsored by:

Attachment 534516

WHEN: 11:00a - 1:00p on Saturday, August 3rd, 2013

WHERE: Lucas Oil Raceway, "in the green" (see track map below).

WHAT: A show and shine gathering complete with judging courtesy of Adam's Polishes and the Central Indiana Camaro Club, and Trophies provided by Adam's Polishes in the following classes:
Best 1st Generation Camaro

Best 2nd Generation Camaro

Best 3rd Generation Camaro

Best 4th Generation Camaro

Best 5th Generation Camaro

Best Paint/Exterior

Best Interior

Best Engine Bay

Best of Show
At this time, several Chevrolet employees including Al Oppenheiser, John Fitzpatrick, and others will be touring the car show field. :respekt:

HOW: Register for the Car Show at the CICC Booth, located next to the Camaro5 and GM Booths. (Look for the sign: "Car Show Registration") You may register at any time on Friday, up to Saturday morning. Once registered, you will receive a dashboard card for the show...put it on your dash and drive over to the car show area in time for the show @ 11:00a-1:00p on Saturday to be judged.

**YOUR CAR WILL NOT BE ENTERED IN THE SHOW UNLES YOU HAVE A DASH CARD**

JUDGING AND AWARDS PRESENTATION
Both the CICC, and Adam's polishes will be judging the entrants of the show between 11:00a - 1:00pm.

Winners will be decided after this time period, and awards will be presented by Adam's Polishes during the closing ceremonies at about 6pm on the drag strip.

Can't wait to see all the beautiful cars....and good luck!! :headbang:

Attachment 534518
Attachment 534517

Adam's Polishes 07-18-2013 12:13 PM

Can't wait to see all the great cars in attendance!

angie7 07-18-2013 12:26 PM

What time is registration over on Saturday? I'm not driving up until that day

Mr. Wyndham 07-18-2013 12:40 PM

Up until the time of the show...so, 11:00a. The only reason we have to stop at that point, is because the CICC staff will leave their registration table and start judging.

Black Beauty 07-18-2013 08:30 PM

Black Beauty, and the "The Camaro Whisperer" will be back in Indy for the Fest, Can't wait!!!

SSMKNU2 07-18-2013 10:01 PM

Are booth cars eligible to be in the show? Just curious

camaro4mybday 07-19-2013 11:40 PM

is this going to be a judging of how clean the car is or actually judges on the looks of the car. not saying the car can be a filth box but many of us drive many hours to get to the show and its near impossible to get the car white glove clean

jksynergy 07-20-2013 10:33 AM

:thumbup: should be fun.

Camaro_Corvette 07-20-2013 10:48 PM

Good luck to all of you!

Oramac-SS11 07-21-2013 12:35 AM

Car Show Judging
 
I hope the car show judges will be checking out the Camaro's on Friday night as well, so some of us with light mods get an even chance. Mine don't show up very well during the day, but at late evening and after dark they are very cool. I know there are many other Camaro guys with them as well and we should get the opportunity to show our stuff! Just saying, something to consider. See ya there!!

TAG UR IT 07-21-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMKNU2 (Post 6794955)
Are booth cars eligible to be in the show? Just curious

Great question for Joe. Personally, I don't see why not. But then again, maybe he's got some reasons as to why they might not be?? I'll get Joe on it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro4mybday (Post 6799104)
is this going to be a judging of how clean the car is or actually judges on the looks of the car. not saying the car can be a filth box but many of us drive many hours to get to the show and its near impossible to get the car white glove clean

I would say yes. Again, a question for Joe.

But after judging cars myself, I will tell you this... When you see 20 CLEAN...like, I mean SHINING cars and then you come across the guy who didn't bother to clean his wheels, wipe down the windows, vacuum the carpet, go over the car with some detail spray, let me tell you....when one judges, they look at everything. The car next to you is spotless. They wiped down everything. Then yours (not necessarily yours) has the dirty wheels or one of the other things mentioned above, one is obviously going to get more points over the other.

I saw one of the most gorgeous Caddies at one of our all classes shows here in SA. Car was I think 4 years old. Low miles, great paint. Dude didn't bother to wipe anything down when he got there. I was floored.... You enter your car in a CAR SHOW and you didn't bother to wipe down and detail spray your paint?? Your wheels? All I could think of was, "what were you thinking??" And it WAS a great looking car. But the fact was he was entering it in a car show and didn't bother to clean it.


One main point. Everyone is going to have to drive TO the show. It's going to get some dust on it. And yes, EVERYONE'S cars will have dust here and there. If ALL of them aren't wiped down, then if I was judging, I'd judge them all the same. But if 90% were immaculate clean, they'd get better scores than the guys who came in and parked them. And again, that's me. WE, the mods aren't judging. But if the guys who are are anything like us at our shows, yes...they will need to be wiped down.

MLL67RSSS 07-21-2013 11:30 AM

Good answer!!!

SSMKNU2 07-21-2013 02:34 PM

One tidbit of advice I can offer for those who are driving a decent distance for the fest would be to tape off your front end. For me the worst part of cleaning is trying to get all the bugs off. So what I've done in the past is simply go to Lowes or any similar store and buy a roll of blue painters tape. Tape off your front end, including mirrors and front of hood. Then when you get to the fest simply peel it off and voila, clean front end without the need to scrub off any bugs to massacred along the way. This works well for the ones who are kinda finicky about using pressure washers on their car. There is however a car wash about a mile from the track so that option is easily within reach as well.
Using the tape method is also great to protect against rock chips that you might collect along the way for the trip.
Hopefully this helps.

Cincy10SSRS 07-22-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMKNU2 (Post 6803653)
One tidbit of advice I can offer for those who are driving a decent distance for the fest would be to tape off your front end. For me the worst part of cleaning is trying to get all the bugs off. So what I've done in the past is simply go to Lowes or any similar store and buy a roll of blue painters tape. Tape off your front end, including mirrors and front of hood. Then when you get to the fest simply peel it off and voila, clean front end without the need to scrub off any bugs to massacred along the way. This works well for the ones who are kinda finicky about using pressure washers on their car. There is however a car wash about a mile from the track so that option is easily within reach as well.
Using the tape method is also great to protect against rock chips that you might collect along the way for the trip.
Hopefully this helps.

I get the concept but when you peel off all the tape isn't there at least some "glue" residue here and there that has to be removed somehow? Maybe I do something slightly wrong but I know there is when I tape an area off to paint or whatever.

cadyshac 07-22-2013 08:49 AM

Shouldn't be any glue or residue if you use good quality tape, just remove tape and maybe give it a quick once over with detail spray.

SSMKNU2 07-22-2013 10:24 AM

I've never had any residue when I used that method. Even with high temps it peels off easily, with no tack left over.

Mr. Wyndham 07-22-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro4mybday (Post 6799104)
is this going to be a judging of how clean the car is or actually judges on the looks of the car. not saying the car can be a filth box but many of us drive many hours to get to the show and its near impossible to get the car white glove clean

Doug's answer was a good one.

Everyone will be driving many hours to get there. This is one of the reasons we shifted the show from Friday to Saturday...it will give people time all of Friday and Saturday morning to clean off their cars.

For what it's worth....I drove in on Thursday last year....and when I got there, I had a bottle of waterless wash...1/8 of the bottle later, and about an hour in the parking lot, the car was near spotless. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oramac-SS11 (Post 6802418)
I hope the car show judges will be checking out the Camaro's on Friday night as well, so some of us with light mods get an even chance. Mine don't show up very well during the day, but at late evening and after dark they are very cool. I know there are many other Camaro guys with them as well and we should get the opportunity to show our stuff! Just saying, something to consider. See ya there!!

I'm sure those who are judging will be looking....but I very much doubt they'll remember who's who.....and to keep things as fair as possible, official judging will only occur between 11 and 1 on Saturday.

Adam's Polishes 07-22-2013 11:35 AM

Just my $.02...

A car that's filthy that hasn't been wiped down at all is not very likely to win an award from us, a company that sells products to make your car clean.

That being said, this isn't a Concourse level show, so white-glove clean isn't necessarily a requirement. It can't hurt your cause though.

;)

Cincy10SSRS 07-22-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick@Adams (Post 6806402)
Just my $.02...

A car that's filthy that hasn't been wiped down at all is not very likely to win an award from us, a company that sells products to make your car clean.

That being said, this isn't a Concourse level show, so white-glove clean isn't necessarily a requirement. It can't hurt your cause though.

;)

My 3 1/2 year old daily driver will be as clean as I can get it after the 125 mile (I know, short by comparison to alot of people coming in) trip to the show. This will include inside and out, engine bay and wheels wells (as good as I can reach) but I hope they're not going to lay down on the ground with a flashlight and run thier hands on the underside of the sideboards (or whatever you call them), etc. I've seen that done at shows before.

mlee 07-22-2013 01:23 PM

There is a great do it yourself Car Wash right next to a White Castle that you can take all your Adams Products to and get her cleaned up. I'll dig up the address. Went there last year and it was a very nice one with air dry and took credit cards.

camaro4mybday 07-23-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 6802656)
Great question for Joe. Personally, I don't see why not. But then again, maybe he's got some reasons as to why they might not be?? I'll get Joe on it.


I would say yes. Again, a question for Joe.

But after judging cars myself, I will tell you this... When you see 20 CLEAN...like, I mean SHINING cars and then you come across the guy who didn't bother to clean his wheels, wipe down the windows, vacuum the carpet, go over the car with some detail spray, let me tell you....when one judges, they look at everything. The car next to you is spotless. They wiped down everything. Then yours (not necessarily yours) has the dirty wheels or one of the other things mentioned above, one is obviously going to get more points over the other.

I saw one of the most gorgeous Caddies at one of our all classes shows here in SA. Car was I think 4 years old. Low miles, great paint. Dude didn't bother to wipe anything down when he got there. I was floored.... You enter your car in a CAR SHOW and you didn't bother to wipe down and detail spray your paint?? Your wheels? All I could think of was, "what were you thinking??" And it WAS a great looking car. But the fact was he was entering it in a car show and didn't bother to clean it.


One main point. Everyone is going to have to drive TO the show. It's going to get some dust on it. And yes, EVERYONE'S cars will have dust here and there. If ALL of them aren't wiped down, then if I was judging, I'd judge them all the same. But if 90% were immaculate clean, they'd get better scores than the guys who came in and parked them. And again, that's me. WE, the mods aren't judging. But if the guys who are are anything like us at our shows, yes...they will need to be wiped down.

i mean of course it will be clean as possible after driving 900 miles from home. im just honestly sick of these white glove car shows i daily drive my car yes it might have a slight imperfection or 2 but to have a car that doesnt look nearly as good as mine win over me because the owner keeps his car in the garage 24/7 and only drives with its sunny and 80 is just annoying lol

fsusmithc2 07-23-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro4mybday (Post 6810289)
i mean of course it will be clean as possible after driving 900 miles from home. im just honestly sick of these white glove car shows i daily drive my car yes it might have a slight imperfection or 2 but to have a car that doesnt look nearly as good as mine win over me because the owner keeps his car in the garage 24/7 and only drives with its sunny and 80 is just annoying lol

The judge won't know who's a DD and who is a garage queen (and even if they did, it won't matter to an unbiased judge) so yeah, it stands a good chance of happening, unfortunately. Two of the exact same car, same mods and all, if one has a rock chip or two because it's enjoyed and the other doesn't because it sits in the garage, chippy isn't going to win. My advice: get Dr. ColorChip now and use it liberally and get ready to bring all of your products with you and do a full correction once you arrive.

My only concern is that there are only winners and no 2nd, 3rd place trophies. Kinda rules out Mr. Average Joe with a clean car and basic mods when Mr. Deep Pockets comes in with his rolling work of art (brought in on a trailer from out of his garage no less).

Cincy10SSRS 07-23-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 (Post 6810942)
The judge won't know who's a DD and who is a garage queen (and even if they did, it won't matter to an unbiased judge) so yeah, it stands a good chance of happening, unfortunately. Two of the exact same car, same mods and all, if one has a rock chip or two because it's enjoyed and the other doesn't because it sits in the garage, chippy isn't going to win. My advice: get Dr. ColorChip now and use it liberally and get ready to bring all of your products with you and do a full correction once you arrive.

My only concern is that there are only winners and no 2nd, 3rd place trophies. Kinda rules out Mr. Average Joe with a clean car and basic mods when Mr. Deep Pockets comes in with his rolling work of art (brought in on a trailer from out of his garage no less).

This. But, I guess there's really no way to create a completely level/fair playing field for shows like this. I admit it's mostly jealousy talking but it is a little frustrating to realize that there are more than a few peeps on here with pretty much unlimited budgets to whom spending, say, $12,000 for the install of a chromed supercharger or whatnot is virtually a minor expense.
That's why I'm trying my best to be realistic and am not expecting to win anything but rather I am really looking forward to just taking part and getting to see a crap load of amazing Gen5's, which, where I live, are pretty rare (modded ones, anyway).

SSMKNU2 07-23-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fsusmithc2 (Post 6810942)
My only concern is that there are only winners and no 2nd, 3rd place trophies. Kinda rules out Mr. Average Joe with a clean car and basic mods when Mr. Deep Pockets comes in with his rolling work of art (brought in on a trailer from out of his garage no less).

I thought the same thing, for as many cars that this brings in, it would be nice if there were atleast a mild/wild category with 1-3 respectively. That way gives more people a chance to take something home with them.
That's just my .02 cents.

Adam's Polishes 07-23-2013 06:04 PM

You guys are taking this WAY too seriously!

Clean up your car, have it looking the best you can, and enjoy the weekend. Don't get so wound up about whether you win an award or not.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.