Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Basic (performance) mods for ZL1? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307739)

BaylorCamaro 07-17-2013 02:01 PM

Basic (performance) mods for ZL1?
 
A couple weeks ago I traded in my 2010 Supercharged V6 Camaro for a 2013 ZL1. I'm the kind of person that does not like to have something 100% stock. However having a factory warranty on a 580 hp vehicle sure is nice.

I know you have to pay to play, believe I was down that road with my old car, having modified just about every possible thing I could do. Unfortunately for me I had a ton of issues, which is one of the reasons I traded in. Just ordered an Elite catch can from Apex Chase, but other than that I'm bone stock.

Eventually I plan on going with LMR's street stalker stage 2 upgrade (pulley, headers, tune, injectors, etc) but for now I want to figure out something easy and basic I can do. The suspension is already amazing, I love the wheels I have, so I'm pretty much at a wall as to what I want to do. The Roto-Fab intake seems like a nice upgrade, seeing how it doesn't require a tune and wakes up the engine/super charger whine.

I'm open to any suggestions.

bumblebeecamaro 07-17-2013 02:36 PM

Keeping my warranty is a must have so these are the only mods I've done to my Z:

Roto-fab, Moroso oil catch can and extra capacity heat exchanger reservoir.

-They say you can change a couple pulleys and gain more HP without voiding your warranty but I'm too chicken to do that.

Joe@CPR.com 07-17-2013 02:38 PM

The roto fab gets my vote! If you need any pricing feel free to give us a shout :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

BaylorCamaro 07-17-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 6789123)
Keeping my warranty is a must have so these are the only mods I've done to my Z:

Roto-fab, Moroso oil catch can and extra capacity heat exchanger reservoir.

Any information on the extra capacity heat exchanger? My biggest concern is heat soak, especially down here in Texas, plus adding power is only going to add to the heat soak issue..

bumblebeecamaro 07-17-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro (Post 6789170)
Any information on the extra capacity heat exchanger? My biggest concern is heat soak, especially down here in Texas, plus adding power is only going to add to the heat soak issue..

Click here

Just know its only a reservoir. It basically adds more fluid capacity to the heat exchanger.

BaylorCamaro 07-17-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 6789293)
Click here

Just know its only a reservoir. It basically adds more fluid capacity to the heat exchanger.

Thanks for link, I figured it was just a larger capacity fluid container. Has there actually been any 3rd party tests? I'd be pretty pissed if it only cooled it like 5*. I've tried searching around but haven't really found anything.

bumblebeecamaro 07-17-2013 03:56 PM

It's just adding more capacity which can only help. I don't think you're going to see any HP gains but still.

BaylorCamaro 07-17-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 6789573)
It's just adding more capacity which can only help. I don't think you're going to see any HP gains but still.

I wouldn't really expect much in the ways of hp gains, but more along the lines of heat soak prevention and thus hp loss.

URBAN LEGEND 07-17-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com (Post 6789131)
The roto fab gets my vote! If you need any pricing feel free to give us a shout :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I like your price. I'm placing my order this week.

BaylorCamaro 07-17-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com (Post 6789131)
The roto fab gets my vote! If you need any pricing feel free to give us a shout :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

PM me pricing please.

fourcammer 07-17-2013 07:36 PM

I am not totally sold on just larger heat exchanger. I just think that dual cooling fans would be the way to go. first question would be at what temp does the car pull timing?i know I am going to do the dual fan with reservoir.

BaylorCamaro 07-17-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourcammer (Post 6790464)
I am not totally sold on just larger heat exchanger. I just think that dual cooling fans would be the way to go. first question would be at what temp does the car pull timing?i know I am going to do the dual fan with reservoir.

I think I've read somewhere that it's around 135* ?

Joebot8484 07-17-2013 08:36 PM

I installed a Roto-Fab and JBA Mid pipes with high flow cats and made 545 hp on the dyno with no tune. I'm currently happy.:D

Joe@CPR.com 07-17-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro (Post 6789777)
PM me pricing please.

pm sent


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.