Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   So what's next? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309695)

Airmaster 07-27-2013 08:21 PM

So what's next?

I now have intake, exhaust, high flow cats, short shifter, light weight rims, performance tires, ported throttle body, and catch can.

What else is there performance wise for the LFX besides a tune or FI?

I've tossed the idea of the under-drive pulley around my head as well but other than that I think I'm out of bolt-ons....

markkk 07-27-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airmaster (Post 6828254)
I now have intake, exhaust, high flow cats, short shifter, light weight rims, performance tires, ported throttle body, and catch can.

What else is there performance wise for the LFX besides a tune or FI?

I've tossed the idea of the under-drive pulley around my head as well but other than that I think I'm out of bolt-ons....

ported heads? or what about upping your gear ratio?

Airmaster 07-29-2013 04:53 PM

How pricey are gears? Can I do the ports myself with a dremel?

Apex Motorsports 07-29-2013 04:59 PM

An Apex scoop will compliment your intake upgrades nicely.

Airmaster 07-29-2013 09:57 PM

Are there proven gains on that? I think I'd be fearful of the extra dust and sand that would be thrown directly into the intake :/

HP Turbine 07-29-2013 11:13 PM

If you're not looking into entering the FI world than a good tune would compliment your mods nicely.

Buschman 07-30-2013 03:47 PM

Go with Chase, the scoop will help. The cost is really not much. I going to get mine next then work on the exterior more. I'm trying to stay away from a tune until I am out of warranty tho.
Just my opinion on gears, if your not regularly drag racing I don't see a reason. I am very happy with the stock setup myself. Could use some more off the line but you get that with the V6 and low torque.

markkk 07-30-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airmaster (Post 6834973)
How pricey are gears? Can I do the ports myself with a dremel?

I'm not sure what the pricing is, but I would definitely have the porting done by a professional or at least someone with experience

Apex Motorsports 07-30-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airmaster (Post 6836170)
Are there proven gains on that? I think I'd be fearful of the extra dust and sand that would be thrown directly into the intake :/

Absolutely. It is proven on the dyno and at the track. You have nothing to worry about with dust, sand, or water.

Hollywood323 07-31-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 6839603)
Absolutely. It is proven on the dyno and at the track. You have nothing to worry about with dust, sand, or water.

Are they effective on the Injen CAI or there only for short rams?

Buschman 07-31-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood323 (Post 6841226)
Are they effective on the Injen CAI or there only for short rams?

I would be semi concerned with hydrolock with the scoop on the Injen. Might be fine with the cover on it.

TwentyTen2SSRS 08-06-2013 01:16 AM

Is the scoop specific for a certain CAI? I always see it combined with the CAI Brand CAI ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

V6 LS Supercar 08-06-2013 07:17 AM

I have the scoop on mine its works perfectly with my CAI brand cai. As your driving down the road it fills the cavity where the cai gets it air, with the cooler air from in front of the car. The only minus is you have to remove your stock Windsheild Washer bottle and unless you buy the new bottle for use with a scoop you wont have W/W. There is a guy up here thats is trying out a intake maniflod spacer to see if it will have a performance gain but other than a good tune, nitrous, cams/head work or FI it sounds like your performance mods are done.