Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Sway bars on a V6 RS (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310169)

Blackjacket86 07-30-2013 01:28 PM

Sway bars on a V6 RS

I'm wanting to lower my RS an inch to clean up the lines and lower my center of gravity, but I'm curious about changing out the stock sway bars. I'm by no means an aggressive driver and tend to drive for fuel economy (hence the V6). I do plan on some horsepower gains in the future only because it's impossible for me to keep things stock. At what horsepower level would changing out your sway bars be recommended and what benefits have you all seen from changing them?

Dizzy82 07-30-2013 02:35 PM

New sways will give you an immediate upgrade to vehicle stability from the get go.

JDP Tyler 07-30-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackjacket86 (Post 6838662)
I'm wanting to lower my RS an inch to clean up the lines and lower my center of gravity, but I'm curious about changing out the stock sway bars. I'm by no means an aggressive driver and tend to drive for fuel economy (hence the V6). I do plan on some horsepower gains in the future only because it's impossible for me to keep things stock. At what horsepower level would changing out your sway bars be recommended and what benefits have you all seen from changing them?

Sway bars are by far one of the best suspension upgrades you can do for your car, especially on the V6. Even at stock power levels they will give you a dramatic improvement in handling and inspire more confidence in the turns.

I suggest checking out the Pfadt Sport sway stage II kit. Part # 1450011 This kit includes Front and rear sway bars as well as Lowering springs. By buying them together as a kit, you save a lot of cash.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions or pricing.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

yzark99 08-18-2013 10:59 PM

I replaced my stock front sway and end links with the OEM ZL1 parts. Night and day difference. There is an on ramp near me that used to be scary at 30 MPH due to body roll. I now take it at 50 without worrying about it.

mhog 08-19-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

You don't need to be an aggressive driver to feel the difference with aftermarket sway bars. The stock one's are very flimsy.

IneedAZ 08-19-2013 08:40 AM

I did the BMR Springs and Sways, Very nice improvement in Looks and Handling!!

BMR Sales 08-19-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Like everyone else said you don't have to be an aggressive driver to enjoy the benefits of a good set of aftermarket sway bars. The benefits can be seen on a completely factory car. You will notice a much more sure and responsive feel from the car with considerably less body roll. We offer the BMR sway bars (SB030) by themselves and also in a package with lowering springs.

If there is anyway we can help you out let me know.

Kyle

Rob@WretchedMS 08-19-2013 04:46 PM

Are you looking more for an improved feel, or an improved balance in the corners?

If you are not an aggressive driver then i will assume that you want an improved feel there are a number of things,

Front Swaybar and Links will help with that a lot
Radius Arm Bushings and Sub Frame Bushings will help a ton also.

Upgrading the rear swaybar will help with the feel a little, but it's mostly going to affect the balance (understeer/oversteer)