Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2013 Fest Discussions (IV) (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Camaro Fest IV DRAG RACING RESULTS: Pics, vid, fun stories/chat (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311320)

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:37 PM

Camaro Fest IV DRAG RACING RESULTS: Pics, vid, fun stories/chat
 
1 Attachment(s)
Camaro Fest Drag Racing-Part 2

Greetings Camaro Fest IV Drag racers and fans.

This thread is to post your positive experiences, pics, time slips, thankful break/fix stories, etc.

Feel free to share-all are welcome -from Shop cars to first timers.

Thanks

Tim

.

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:38 PM

Friday - Bracket Racing
 
2 Attachment(s)
:first: The Name listed first in each pair is the winner

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:38 PM

Shop Car Class
 
4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542211

Finals

Attachment 542212

Eliminations

Attachment 542213

Qualification Rd

Attachment 542214

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:38 PM

Unlimited Class
 
5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542216

Finals

Attachment 542217

Elimination Round 2

Attachment 542218

Elimination Round 1

Attachment 542219

Qualification Round 2

Attachment 542220

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:39 PM

V8 Modified - Naturally Aspirated
 
5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542223

Finals

Attachment 542224

Elimination Round 3

Attachment 542225

Elimination Round 2

Attachment 542226

Elimination Round 1

Attachment 542227

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:39 PM

V8 Stock
 
3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542234

Finals

Attachment 542235

Elimination Round 1

Attachment 542236

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:40 PM

V6 Class
 
3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 542241

Finals

Attachment 542242

Elimination Round 1

Attachment 542243

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:40 PM

7 Attachment(s)
My pics of some of you from Brackets to come. I apologize for not having more-feel free to add yours.

To be added later

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:40 PM

5 Attachment(s)
My pics of some of you from Heads up Modified to come. I apologize for not having more-feel free to add yours.

To be added later

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 06:58 PM

My Fest adventure.

It was nicer this year to have trophies instead of cash only for our Awards. They look great.

First day started out with #2, 3&4 PB ET, despite the poor DA.

I was pleased with my 2nd place finish in the brackets. Had to hold back on the tree(reaction time)-I'm use to the Pro Tree where 'Yellow means Go' . Was a close one -both of us full throttle the whole way ending up with just 0.060 difference at the finish and 0.04 off my dial in

The second day of Headsup Modified class was a good time also.
Day started out great with my first thee runs of the day spanning a total of only 0.003 seconds.
As can happen in racing events with Ladder type structure of racers, I didn't get the opportunity to race my close ET matched opponent in the semi because he got the free pass (Bye).Was still pleased with my third place.
Happy to see Neumatic take first place since he was the fastest of the Class, with being a manual tranny and cam above me, great job.

Highlight of the event for me was to receive the Team Camaro award from Dr Jamie Meyer (Chevrolet Performance Manager) -presented by himself and acompanied by lead Camaro 5 mods. Sincerely appreciated.

Hats off to all that got out there on the track for the first time*hope you enjoyed it as much as I do.

Was great to meet and put faces, names, cars, and camaro 5 usernames, together.

Hope to see many of you again next year.

RxDoc08 08-05-2013 07:42 PM

I had a great time as well. On the morning of day one I started off with 3 new personal bests. I surprised myself by beating my previous best 60 foot times by over a tenth and my personal best E.T. by over a tenth as well. While I would have looked forward to winning my class (V8 modified) coming in second wasn't bad either for my second competitive drag racing event.

HRD_WRK 08-05-2013 08:13 PM

Congrats Jason and welcome to the fever. :clap2:

I have an award picture of you-ill add it this week.

GTAHVIT 08-05-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRD_WRK (Post 6861304)
My Fest adventure.

It was nicer this year to have trophies instead of cash only for our Awards. They look great.

First day started out with #2, 3&4 PB ET, despite the poor DA.

I was pleased with my 2nd place finish in the brackets. Had to hold back on the tree(reaction time)-I'm use to the Pro Tree where 'Yellow means Go' . Was a close one -both of us full throttle the whole way ending up with just 0.060 difference at the finish and 0.04 off my dial in

The second day of Headsup Modified class was a good time also.
Day started out great with my first thee runs of the day spanning a total of only 0.003 seconds.
As can happen in racing events with Ladder type structure of racers, I didn't get the opportunity to race my close ET matched opponent in the semi because he got the free pass (Bye).Was still pleased with my third place.
Happy to see Neumatic take first place since he was the fastest of the Class, with being a manual tranny and cam above me, great job.

Highlight of the event for me was to receive the Team Camaro award from Dr Jamie Meyer (Chevrolet Performance Manager) -presented by himself and acompanied by lead Camaro 5 mods. Sincerely appreciated.

Hats off to all that got out there on the track for the first time*hope you enjoyed it as much as I do.

Was great to meet and put faces, names, cars, and camaro 5 usernames, together.

Hope to see many of you again next year.

Just so you know. Dr. Meyer had no doubts that your car was the one he wanted to give an award to. Tribone and I were still looking at cars trying to decide. Dr. Meyer Kept looking at his watch asking us to hurry up, he'd made his mind up and we were making him wait... LOL

Well deserved. :thumbsup:

Neumatic 08-06-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RxDoc08 (Post 6861524)
I had a great time as well. On the morning of day one I started off with 3 new personal bests. I surprised myself by beating my previous best 60 foot times by over a tenth and my personal best E.T. by over a tenth as well. While I would have looked forward to winning my class (V8 modified) coming in second wasn't bad either for my second competitive drag racing event.

Pretty much the same for me. Most of Friday morning I was running 11.99 and faster, only ran one 11 second pass before this past weekend and it was a 11.98. Managed 2 11.99 and faster pass' Saturday one in qualification and the other on my bye.

For a second I thought I blew the race in the Finals with RxDoc, I spun off the line and was a little slow at the lights and I seen his fender start walking me before I pedaled out of the spin and actually got going. It was a nice close race, split ended up being .120.

I think they should have redone the ladder after 2 of the guys that qualified didn't come back. Would have been a lot better, no one would have had byes and it would have went a lot smoother.

HRD_WRK 08-06-2013 07:13 AM

Neumatic-
".....

I think they should have redone the ladder after 2 of the guys that qualified didn't come back. Would have been a lot better, no one would have had byes and it would have went a lot smoother. "

Its not wise to change the Ladder once set- it could end up pairing the two fastest or slowest cars against each other- which is not what the rest of the pairings are coordinated as. The Bye affected me too- it's just part of the game- good or bad.

Congrats to you on the win- was great to run you twice that day- just didnt have the Cam power to get me close.

Give that poor car a break for a while- Mr 40 pass guy.

Tim

Russell James 08-06-2013 07:43 AM

Thank you very much to all who organized Fest IV for letting me run my '69 1st gen drag car at a 5th gen event. And thanks to the Indy staff for letting me be first down track on Friday on an incredibly well prepped track. That Friday morning 8.75 @ 153 was my all time personal best, and that car's best ever run. I think that may have been the quickest all motor run Friday. Then the second run in afternoon heat was an 8.86 @ 152. Only lost .1 et and 1 mph in the heat of the day.

I wanted to enjoy the rest of the Fest on Saturday, so I left it trailered for the day. And some of those shop cars were getting crazy loose, so I didn't want to risk getting tangled up with one. Mine is not really a shop car, so I had no chance in that class anyway. The shop I brought was a lunch box size tool box and a battery charger.

It was kind of a last minute scramble getting the car there. Bent a valve and busted a rocker stud/nut the prior weekend. But was able to get the motor back together on Tues and Wed of Fest week, and on the trailer Thursday morning.

Thanks also to my awesome car club, the Detroit 5th Gen Camaro Club.
I think we all had a great time at the Fest. :happy0180:

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps0d424815.jpg

HRD_WRK 08-06-2013 07:50 AM

Misc Drag pics
 
12 Attachment(s)
These are pics from the searching I've done thru pic thread (up to pg 13). Pics taken by other-THANKS.
Copied to this dedicated post for you all to find.

I will add more as I see them.

Feel free to add yours.

Neumatic 08-06-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRD_WRK (Post 6863046)
Neumatic-
".....

I think they should have redone the ladder after 2 of the guys that qualified didn't come back. Would have been a lot better, no one would have had byes and it would have went a lot smoother. "

Its not wise to change the Ladder once set- it could end up pairing the two fastest or slowest cars against each other- which is not what the rest of the pairings are coordinated as. The Bye affected me too- it's just part of the game- good or bad.

Congrats to you on the win- was great to run you twice that day- just didnt have the Cam power to get me close.

Give that poor car a break for a while- Mr 40 pass guy.

Tim

I'm talking about completely redoing the ladder not just having you race the other guy that had the bye.

Thanks, you were running very well, probably the most consistent car there. Its obvious why you were in the bracket race finals.

Didn't do 40. Only 35 or 36 on the weekend hahahaha

Pro Stock John 08-06-2013 03:55 PM

Cool info wish I could have gone.

Did RPM race their white Camaro, the nitrous one?

How was the track Tim?

Late Model Racecraft 08-06-2013 04:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A couple pics from Saturday

HRD_WRK 08-06-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John (Post 6864955)
Cool info wish I could have gone.

Did RPM race their white Camaro, the nitrous one?

How was the track Tim?

Not sure. I did have a video of one 5th gen with nitrous that launched hard I will look up and post picture above tomorrow. -ADDED
I thought the track was well prepped- at least for my power level.
not sure what others thought, but there were several new personal best runs by a few cars so it had to be decent enough- no complaints here except they put some cones at the tree to offset the launch which felt weird launching from the middle of the lane.

John Deere Racer 08-06-2013 06:15 PM

Glad a m6 won


Word !

HRD_WRK 08-06-2013 07:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
RX SS,

Was great to meet you two. Sorry your trip didn't go as planned.

I did some looking and I nominate you for:

Best Tape Job (for burnouts)

My friends know how much tape Ive gone thru on mine-just never on the track.
Kudos to you for spending the time to keep the car more Show worthy.

Take care.
Tim

mlee 08-06-2013 10:15 PM

Results are now posted above..

FurySS 08-06-2013 10:26 PM

Well it was my first time on the strip, so I was not thinking competing, but I ran 12.409 on street tires! Had a blast - wish I had taped my fenders lol!



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.