Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Z28 at Barrett-Jackson, Reno (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312031)

upflying 08-09-2013 09:23 AM

Z28 at Barrett-Jackson, Reno
 
Chevrolet was there and showed off some of their latest models including two C7 Corvettes, '14 Silverado and a red SS. But the jaw dropper was this satin white Z28. Unfortunately the hood was closed but there are few adjectives to describe this stunning car. The car is a great tribute to the historical Z28 models. I am told by another forum member that this car is #5 and is a pre-production model.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...psa147e7db.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...psd9f54537.jpg
front left
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...psf04dcc45.jpg
rear left
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...ps1414b597.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...ps8ff47b38.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...psdb941737.jpg

MLL67RSSS 08-09-2013 09:42 AM

Yeah Fbodfather said at the Fest they weren't allowed to open the hoods of any pre-production cars.

rtcat600man 08-09-2013 11:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Interesting, because at the Baker's Camaro show here in Michigan the hood was open, not on the pre-production one, but one from the proving grounds.

While at Cfest we heard the trunk couldn't be opened, but shortly after hearing this information, the trunk was opened and a few people were snapping photos, we took photos of those taking photos. :pound:

Camaro_Corvette 08-09-2013 11:10 AM

They had a red SS! :frusty: :fighting0030::argue: :fighting0056::fighting0072: :hitcomputer::hitcomputer::hitcomputer: :censored: :sad0147:

:mad0233: :mad0233: :mad0233:

Mister Will 08-09-2013 11:31 AM

Oh, that trunk reminds me of our '63 Impala's trunk. Looks like we are going back to the old days of cars.

SEVEN-OH JOE 08-09-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upflying (Post 6877264)

6262, how do you do?

:thumbsup:

2012-1822 08-09-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Will (Post 6877722)
Oh, that trunk reminds me of our '63 Impala's trunk. Looks like we are going back to the old days of cars.

I'm torn, I love some of the modern accessories and reliability of new cars, but there was something real nice about a car being basic and easy to work on with cars built in the old days.

2010 SSRS 08-09-2013 03:16 PM

I Love that Z/28 :clap2:

camaro2lt 08-09-2013 03:32 PM

That would be the original show car....from what i know it was the first Z/28 made.

LS1hawk 08-09-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 6877629)
They had a red SS! :frusty: :fighting0030::argue: :fighting0056::fighting0072: :hitcomputer::hitcomputer::hitcomputer: :censored: :sad0147:

:mad0233: :mad0233: :mad0233:

You just summed up my exact reaction to seeing that picture. All we've seen so far is the blah silver. Need more pics of that!!

Ozzy12 08-10-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1hawk (Post 6878780)
You just summed up my exact reaction to seeing that picture. All we've seen so far is the blah silver. Need more pics of that!!

Over on the Corvette Forum a forum member was nice enough to post up a pic they had taken. Looks awesome! Way better than the silver...
http://m.corvetteforum.com/c5-genera...post1584636714

Camaro_Corvette 08-10-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy12 (Post 6881885)
Over on the Corvette Forum a forum member was nice enough to post up a pic they had taken. Looks awesome! Way better than the silver...
http://m.corvetteforum.com/c5-genera...post1584636714

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...4.jpg~original


:D

yenkotown 08-14-2013 01:25 PM

I'm starting too like this car more and more.....

dixonk 08-14-2013 01:36 PM

Is it just me or is the emblem really crooked???

FenwickHockey65 08-14-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 6883422)

I'm just glad they finally showed one that wasn't freaking silver.

5thGenOwner 08-15-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 6897096)
Is it just me or is the emblem really crooked???


It does seem to have a tilt to it... whether that's on purpose or by mistake, dunno. It could be on purpose as the design of the Z/28 emblem itself seems to be a bit slanted.

Sven59 08-15-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner (Post 6900782)
It does seem to have a tilt to it... whether that's on purpose or by mistake, dunno. It could be on purpose as the design of the Z/28 emblem itself seems to be a bit slanted.


Might have been the angle they took the picture.

menendez1293 08-15-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 6883422)

:facepalm:

And this whole time I was thinking it was a Red Camaro SS. Why did Chevy have to name this car the SS. That has to confuse so many people But I have to admit it looks much better in Red than Silver. With some black rims it would look even better :D

5thGenOwner 08-15-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven59 (Post 6900829)
Might have been the angle they took the picture.

True.... camera's do weird things, especially close up. (Just ask Anthony Weiner.)

bowtiefamily 08-15-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner (Post 6900858)
True.... camera's do weird things, especially close up. (Just ask Anthony Weiner.)

:pound::hail::pound::bow::pound::laughabove:

Dave's-RS 08-24-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixonk (Post 6897096)
Is it just me or is the emblem really crooked???

I saw this car in Reno and that Z/28 emblem is designed crooked....not a good look.:emoticon1:

Q'smuscle 08-24-2013 12:27 PM

So, wait they do produce the car in the satin white? Now, that's not right.

ParisTNDude 08-28-2013 07:00 PM

I read somewhere that the satin white was only produced for SEMA or something like that. Won't be an RPO.

dixonk 08-28-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave's-RS (Post 6936247)
I saw this car in Reno and that Z/28 emblem is designed crooked....not a good look.:emoticon1:

Yikes. That would bother me so much.

OldScoolCamaro 08-28-2013 10:50 PM

B-J auctions rock, often I spent vast amounts of my down time on weekends watching them live. That was when they were on the Speed channel. Recently I lost that channel in my cable network, instead Fox Sports 1 took it over. That's good,.... but I also wan't Speed back...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.