Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   anyone have a built LSX376-B15 from chevy performance? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312481)

Allanski 08-11-2013 05:01 PM

anyone have a built LSX376-B15 from chevy performance?
 
1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone have Chevrolet Performance’s new LSX376-B15, featuring a durable, all forged rotating assembly to handle up to 15 pounds of boost. Chevrolet Performance’s engineers started with the tough LS steel Bowtie standard-deck block, added a forged steel crankshaft, forged rods and forged pistons, then topped off the short-block assembly with high-flow, rectangular-port LSX- LS3 6-bolt aluminum heads for supercharged and turbocharged combinations.

Looking for feed back on this package and what limits it might hit with boost and HP from someone who has it running.
Attachment 544499

Supercharged SS 08-11-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allanski (Post 6886308)
Does anyone have Chevrolet Performance’s new LSX376-B15, featuring a durable, all forged rotating assembly to handle up to 15 pounds of boost. Chevrolet Performance’s engineers started with the tough LS steel Bowtie standard-deck block, added a forged steel crankshaft, forged rods and forged pistons, then topped off the short-block assembly with high-flow, rectangular-port LSX- LS3 6-bolt aluminum heads for supercharged and turbocharged combinations.

Looking for feed back on this package and what limits it might hit with boost and HP from someone who has it running.
Attachment 544499

Don't you have a built 427 lsx? I'm looking into this right now but it's in the early stages.

2SS45th 08-11-2013 05:07 PM

Andy at ADM has been using them, I almost got one too, but went for cubes instead.

uniqueskillz 08-11-2013 07:07 PM

Im thinking about running this motor to.

Allanski 08-11-2013 07:23 PM

I do have a 427 LSX was a bare block 376 bored out to 427 with LSX heads etc. Had it to the track twice and trying to work out the F'n gremlins :character0109:
So I am keeping some options open like the B15, but last year when we spoke to folks at GM they don't warranty it for lets say 800-1000 HP so I wanted to see if anyone had one and beat the crap out of it yet.

I think C5 has thousands of members so lets say we can get 7700 members to send me one dollar each I will test it for everyone! :headbang:

nbrigdan 08-12-2013 01:57 AM

I'm also curious as to how this engine stands up, have been considering one for a while, subbed

Fiftydriver 08-12-2013 02:31 AM

I was looking at the same engine and asked pretty much the exact same question several months ago. The general comments were you could get a better motor build for less money. Not sure that's true but most of these guys know ALOT more then I do so I would believe them.

I was wanting a street ride in the 750 rwhp range and was told it would be easier to do with just forging my factory block, again, I like the idea of this long block. I would think with some head work and a good cam and good blower it would be insane!!!

ADM PERFORMANCE 08-12-2013 09:50 PM

We use ,them all the time.. and they come with the correct cam for boost.Unlike the LSX 376 B8

BlkSlvrdo129 08-17-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE (Post 6891482)
We use ,them all the time.. and they come with the correct cam for boost.Unlike the LSX 376 B8


What's your opinion on the 4032 pistons for up to 15 psi?

bcguy 09-23-2013 11:05 PM

I agree andy we talked on the phone about this motor,the only bad I have read are grade of pistons,are they good enough to hold up

2ss-booya 09-23-2013 11:37 PM

I have one

sprayedv 09-23-2013 11:50 PM

ERL.

H-E 09-24-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcguy (Post 7030967)
I agree andy we talked on the phone about this motor,the only bad I have read are grade of pistons,are they good enough to hold up

Ive had my new crate motor break a crank with less than 3000 miles,ive been told by the manufacture of the crank and rods they are rated at 750 hp,im less than happy.

old motorhead 09-24-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H-E (Post 7032785)
Ive had my new crate motor break a crank with less than 3000 miles,ive been told by the manufacture of the crank and rods they are rated at 750 hp,im less than happy.

GM or "other" crate motor?

Camaro21 09-24-2013 03:55 PM

Andy @ ADM Performance installed mine with my Maggie at about 12-13lbs. of boost and made 640 rwhp. Great Performance !! Ignore my signature pic !!

H-E 09-24-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old motorhead (Post 7032927)
GM or "other" crate motor?

I was replying to this thread on the GM crate motor..I was very disappointed to find out scatt made the crank and rods and there rated at 750 and I would assume that is crank,since im a little over 800 im not to happy.

old motorhead 09-24-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro21 (Post 7032939)
Andy @ ADM Performance installed mine with my Maggie at about 12-13lbs. of boost and made 640 rwhp. Great Performance !! Ignore my signature pic !!

Was that the low compression (9:1) motor?

stangkilr 09-25-2013 07:15 AM

Damn broke that motor on 800hp? Id be pissed to, the stock cranks will take more than that.

bcguy 09-25-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H-E (Post 7032785)
Ive had my new crate motor break a crank with less than 3000 miles,ive been told by the manufacture of the crank and rods they are rated at 750 hp,im less than happy.

what I don't understand is they (gm) say this motor is good for 15 pounds of boost,that would make much more than 750 on most ls engines.why would they install sub grade parts that are rated for 750 but say its good for 1000 and then give warranty

Unreal 09-25-2013 10:15 AM

They don't give a warranty for that much power. The warranty sheet says 540ft/lbs or something way low that any s/c or turbo application would be way past.

JLE58 09-25-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stangkilr (Post 7034708)
Damn broke that motor on 800hp? Id be pissed to, the stock cranks will take more than that.

:word:

nbrigdan 09-25-2013 07:58 PM

I've heard it's overpriced for what you get, for similar cost I'd just go for a built block from TSP.

delphigto 09-25-2013 11:29 PM

ERL short blocks are nice also. You don't get the added weight of the lsx block and can bore out to 4.185 on the dry sleeve and 4.2 on the superdeck blocks. Great option if you decide to go na in the future or need to bore during a rebuild.

Inferno LSX 10-10-2013 01:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 563892Attachment 563894Attachment 563895
I'm having one built. Swapped out to a bigger cam and went with head studs. Then gonna back it with a triple carbon Street Slayer. Install my Whipple on top top and enjoy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Allanski 10-10-2013 06:35 PM

Right on! :w00t:
Give us some more details :happy0180:
and keep us up on your build.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.