Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   clutch for 650rwhp (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313799)

bct10985 08-19-2013 10:46 AM

clutch for 650rwhp
 
My stock clutch was slipping a little on this last dyno run. I know everyone is going to say street slayer but i was hoping not to have to spend $1300. The zr1 seems to b a popular choice but is also in that price range. What about all the others ram, centerforce, spec, monster? I would like one that will work with the stock flywheel if thats possible

Blk-Ice 08-19-2013 10:54 AM

Spend the extra cash...ZR1 all the way! You wont regret it!

xjer22x 08-19-2013 11:09 AM

Mcleod RST clutch. Or even the RXT to leave room to grow. Not only did the clutch take a HUGE beating. But the customer service when calling them is great too.

you gotta pay to play.

2SS45th 08-19-2013 11:18 AM

Spec stage 3+ is a nice clutch, I was going to use it before I went twin disc.

Unreal 08-19-2013 11:32 AM

RXT. Zr1 clutch won't last long, especially if you race it.

MS7 08-19-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bct10985 (Post 6915096)
My stock clutch was slipping a little on this last dyno run. I know everyone is going to say street slayer but i was hoping not to have to spend $1300. The zr1 seems to b a popular choice but is also in that price range. What about all the others ram, centerforce, spec, monster? I would like one that will work with the stock flywheel if thats possible

For 650RWHP you will find many of excellent choices .
i went to Mantic ER2. check my thread below

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267935

Jayrcr3 08-19-2013 12:14 PM

I just installed a hendrix SS without the carbon pads. It was $1600 to my door and included new ARP bolts and a larger all metal throw out bearing. It had excellent instructions, and never chattered once. It's not the cheapest option, but it's a fantastic clutch.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

2010SSRSM6 08-19-2013 05:11 PM

What do are you looking for the clutch to do? Do you want stock feel or does it matter?

If you don't mind a more firm pedal feel, ACT twin is good for 800hp, but it is firm and can be a PITA to setup so it doesn't chatter and get a a consistent engagement.

If you want lighter than stock pedal pressure, McCloud RXT is bitch'n. You can reuse the factory flywheel, but I'd upgrade to the steel flywheel so it will perform the best. The factory flywheel has a larger center indention that the steel flywheel from McCloud doesn't have so it gets a better mount.

The ACT runs about $850 and the RXT can run up to $1200. I'm at 620rwhp with the ACT and a buddy with the same setup has the RXT. Both hold the power, but I like the RXT much better than my ACT.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detoxx03 08-19-2013 05:55 PM

Do not get the ZR1/LS9 clucth. It will easily become the worst mod you ever purchased if you do.

CyberPredator 08-19-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxx03 (Post 6916546)
Do not get the ZR1/LS9 clucth. It will easily become the worst mod you ever purchased if you do.

What he said. Don't go cheap on the clutch especially since you make power. Don't go ZR1. Mantic, Street Slayer, or McLeod. IMO. As much as it cost to swap its best to do it right

bct10985 08-19-2013 09:19 PM

Think the mantic sounds like the best deal

BLACK10 08-19-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxx03 (Post 6916546)
Do not get the ZR1/LS9 clucth. It will easily become the worst mod you ever purchased if you do.

:word:

Mantic 9000. We have put more than 1000hp to it. Spend a little more and get a clutch that will take abuse if you choose to do so

Turbo99 08-19-2013 10:05 PM

DO NOT do a ZR1 mine lasted 3 passes down the strip, it is not designed for the weight of our car at that power. I then went with a Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon and haven't looked back. Great clutch and many other are running the triple at 800+rwhp and its rebuildable.

H-E 08-20-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbo99 (Post 6917733)
DO NOT do a ZR1 mine lasted 3 passes down the strip, it is not designed for the weight of our car at that power. I then went with a Hendrix Street Slayer Twin Carbon and haven't looked back. Great clutch and many other are running the triple at 800+rwhp and its rebuildable.

Thanks!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.