Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Car is back and running strong (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313882)

Rdunn 08-19-2013 08:13 PM

Car is back and running strong
 
********The RPM 4L80e lvl 5 trans is working perfectly with the PCS controller. drivability is perfect. car or trans doesn't get hot, even sitting in traffic. shifts strong. its really nice not having the car constantly shifting up and down all the time.

I will have to relearn how to launch the car. on the old 6l80 with the 3200 converter. the first gear was so violent I just launched the car at idle and it would cut mid 1.5 60's. now first gear isn't nearly as violent and with the new converter I can literally foot brake the car to 3500 rpm. so I will have to spend the next couple times at the track working out what the tires will hold.

the nitrous outlet kit is also working great. I have it set up on a button and soon as I get going in first I press it and leave it on thru the pass and shifts.

I put a 3.5" pulley on the whipple. the car is really liking the extra boost, but it is not happy about the 6 rib set-up. it will DESTROY a belt in about 10 full passes. so im going to see how far I can push the 6 rib set-up then switch to a 10 rib.

the squash fuel system and lines look and function perfectly.

the same for the alky control meth system and the DSS driveshaft.

I will throw some pics up here in alittle bit.

94guy 08-19-2013 08:29 PM

what kind of power does it make now and when will you be going to the track?

Supercharged SS 08-19-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94guy (Post 6916956)
what kind of power does it make now and when will you be going to the track?

Faster than you so go back to the track!

94guy 08-19-2013 08:44 PM

i'll get back soon;)

Rdunn 08-19-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94guy (Post 6916956)
what kind of power does it make now and when will you be going to the track?

no clue, didn't dyno it, all tuning is done on the streets in real conditions. going to try and go to the track Friday night. but its been so hot lately, would pretty much be a waste of time. but I will prolly still go and work on launching the car.

Rdunn 08-20-2013 10:54 AM

here are some pics

Still looks stock :)
http://i43.tinypic.com/2n6xj6b.jpg

meth lights
http://i41.tinypic.com/ndlhsw.jpg

cept for the nitrous panel, still stock appearing.
http://i42.tinypic.com/28b8hgh.jpg

not so stock looking under the hood. whipple, nitrous, meth, fuel.
http://i42.tinypic.com/17def7.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/9hjlgj.jpg

im going to throw the 17" welds on here this afternoon when the baby goes to sleep. I'll try and get some pics of the driveshaft and trans.

10aSSee D 08-20-2013 11:33 AM

Are you on the stock bottom end?

Rdunn 08-20-2013 11:45 AM

yep, 100% stock block and rotating assembly. stock heads w/ ls3 conversion

there are quite a few cars running 9's and over 900whp on the factory shortblocks.

will prolly do pistons and rods this winter.

94guy 08-20-2013 11:48 AM

I would like to see what your drive shaft safety loop looks like? What rear gear are you running?

SRT10KLLR 08-20-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdunn (Post 6916863)
********The RPM 4L80e lvl 5 trans is working perfectly with the PCS controller. drivability is perfect. car or trans doesn't get hot, even sitting in traffic. shifts strong. its really nice not having the car constantly shifting up and down all the time.

I will have to relearn how to launch the car. on the old 6l80 with the 3200 converter. the first gear was so violent I just launched the car at idle and it would cut mid 1.5 60's. now first gear isn't nearly as violent and with the new converter I can literally foot brake the car to 3500 rpm. so I will have to spend the next couple times at the track working out what the tires will hold.

the nitrous outlet kit is also working great. I have it set up on a button and soon as I get going in first I press it and leave it on thru the pass and shifts.

I put a 3.5" pulley on the whipple. the car is really liking the extra boost, but it is not happy about the 6 rib set-up. it will DESTROY a belt in about 10 full passes. so im going to see how far I can push the 6 rib set-up then switch to a 10 rib.

the squash fuel system and lines look and function perfectly.

the same for the alky control meth system and the DSS driveshaft.

I will throw some pics up here in alittle bit.

Do you have the N20 only on the button or in combination with WOT and Window switch. Cause I have seen a few on push buttons where they get all excited and after crossing the line they let out of the throttle but forget to release the button and when they get back on it kaboom.

A push button in conjunction with the other safety devices is good because you are more in control. If you start loosing traction you can release the button to gain control while still WOT. :thumbsup:

How many lbs are you pushing with the Whipple?

Rdunn 08-20-2013 01:41 PM

factory rear gear.

Rdunn 08-20-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR (Post 6919543)
Do you have the N20 only on the button or in combination with WOT and Window switch. Cause I have seen a few on push buttons where they get all excited and after crossing the line they let out of the throttle but forget to release the button and when they get back on it kaboom.

only on a button. I don't run any type of controller or window switch on any of my cars.

2010 SSRS 08-20-2013 01:48 PM

post some pics when you put the Welds on

Rdunn 08-20-2013 02:07 PM

I will

jasycz28 08-20-2013 02:41 PM

want to see what she does. :pop2::pop2:

Rdunn 08-20-2013 03:59 PM

Me 2, going to try and get to the track this weekend. Friday and Sunday are both night events with temps in the 60s

Kronix 08-20-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10aSSee D (Post 6919049)
Are you on the stock bottom end?

Bottom end can handle at least 650 HP, if not more, properly tuned of course.

10aSSee D 08-20-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronix (Post 6920176)
Bottom end can handle at least 650 HP, if not more, properly tuned of course.

I know that, just was curious when I saw he was on nitrous as well.

Rdunn 08-22-2013 12:12 PM

car on boost only(no bottle). still on 20" nitto 555r DR's.

car spun really bad all of first(next time I need to set my air pressure) I had 29 psi in the right rear and 24psi in the left. I wasn't planning on racing anyone since it was the first night out with the car.

mine is the 2nd and 3rd race with the viper. it would have been ugly if I would have hooked at all in first...well I guess uglier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or7cj6QsNns

94guy 08-22-2013 02:21 PM

15psi is a lot. :thumbsup:

Rdunn 08-22-2013 03:56 PM

I didn't make the video or tell him that...car is running 11-12psi

Supercharged SS 08-22-2013 04:28 PM

15 psi is fine if you're running a good race gas.


Awesome that you got the car back and it's ready to rumble. Should make some nasty passes if everything comes together.:hail:

Rdunn 08-22-2013 05:28 PM

The 6 rib system wont support 15psi. I'm already eating a belt every 10-12 WOT hits on the current boost level.

Supercharged SS 08-22-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdunn (Post 6929698)
The 6 rib system wont support 15psi. I'm already eating a belt every 10-12 WOT hits on the current boost level.


The 10 rib kit is a pretty cheap investment. I'm surprised that you were even able to squeak 15 psi out of a 6 rib without belt slip.

10aSSee D 08-22-2013 07:31 PM

WOW!! You really put it on that dude.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.