Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post the ignorant back handed crap people say to you about your Camaro (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314503)

matthew9440 08-22-2013 03:49 PM

Post the ignorant back handed crap people say to you about your Camaro
 
I would first like to address that I did a quick search before posting and I didn't see any back-handed compliment threads. I figured I would start one. Every week at local car shows I run into somebody or hear someone making a back-handed compliment.

One time I am wiping the bugs off the front of my car when a fella walks up to me and says "hey buddy how come you didn't get an old Camaro" I say "because I wanted this Camaro" to which he replies "everybody has one of these Camaro. I must have seen 5 Camaro's that look exactly like yours on the way here today".

Another time I see a kid across a show field point to my car and sprint a good 50 yards across the field with his friends. He comes right up to the front of the car, looks at his friends with disappointment on his face and says "sorry guys...... it's only an SS, my bad."

Had a Corvette elitest come over and ask me about my car. he goes "hey have you ever drove your car back and forth to work". I respond "yeah I drive it whenever I can" he lowers his head into one of this hands wipes his face and says "thats just a god damn shame son.... a god damn shame"

all in all I get this garbage all the time and I was wondering what kind of back-handed compliments any of you guys have heard about your car.

IowaGuy 08-22-2013 03:58 PM

That sucks. In my town most with a pony car wave no matter brand or year.

vroomapunk 08-22-2013 04:00 PM

That does suck, i usually only get compliments, once I might have gotten the "girls drive automatics" comment but I cant remember. **** those people/haters. I love my car.

SPARTAN sui 08-22-2013 04:02 PM

Never, sounds like an unpleasant area you live in.

matthew9440 08-22-2013 04:03 PM

I must just live in a hateful town. Haha first night I had my Camaro I drove past the downtown tuner car kids and they all stood on the corner of the road and gave me thumbs down.

Lord Ryan 08-22-2013 04:03 PM

Everyone seems to cool. People with alot more money than me(everybody) come up to admire the car. I'm support staff at a large law firm. Had partners stop me in the hall that I've never spoken to, to ask about the. Only one heffer asked me if I was having a midlife crisis. Like some said in the other thread most people don't know a 6v from a SS or ZL1 and are just as impressed

Glen e 08-22-2013 04:04 PM

Never had any comments like that, if I did, would'nt matter.....based on the way heads turn when I drive it, I know it's stunning....

Supercamaro64 08-22-2013 04:06 PM

If its not a manual, it sucks. Ive been told that many times, not just about mine.

Z51Stingray 08-22-2013 04:06 PM

"Its cool, but... it's an automatic."

At 580+ hp, I don't have to explain anything to anyone. They can kiss my cowboy boot!

Lord Ryan 08-22-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew9440 (Post 6929264)
I must just live in a hateful town. Haha first night I had my Camaro I drove past the downtown tuner car kids and they all stood on the corner of the road and gave me thumbs down.

There is some saying about going to PA, don't remember if it's Pitt, Philly or both is good way to get your ass whopped. Something about the city of brotherly love. Don't know where you are in relation.

matthew9440 08-22-2013 04:07 PM

I don't mean to focus on the negative! I get a whole lot more positive then negative but the mean crap are the ones that I remember! haha

matthew9440 08-22-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallySportRand (Post 6929281)
"Its cool, but... it's an automatic."

At 580+ hp, I don't have to explain anything to anyone. They can kiss my cowboy boot!

AMEN!

SNSSTR 08-22-2013 04:09 PM

I was at a party at a friend's house and had parked my car in the driveway. My friend's mom needed to leave (I guess...and she didn't know the car blocking her in was mine), so she came outside and yelled "can whoever has the black mustang move it out of the driveway!" I just shook my head and my friends all yelled back to her it was mine and that there's no way I would move my car now after she called it a mustang. haha

matthew9440 08-22-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Ryan (Post 6929284)
There is some saying about going to PA, don't remember if it's Pitt, Philly or both is good way to get your ass whopped. Something about the city of brotherly love. Don't know where you are in relation.

Closer to Pittsburgh. Ever heard of groundhog Punxsy Phil? Yeah thats the weird-a$$ area I live in.

SSMickey 08-22-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew9440 (Post 6929167)
I would first like to address that I did a quick search before posting and I didn't see any back-handed compliment threads. I figured I would start one. Every week at local car shows I run into somebody or hear someone making a back-handed compliment.

One time I am wiping the bugs off the front of my car when a fella walks up to me and says "hey buddy how come you didn't get an old Camaro" I say "because I wanted this Camaro" to which he replies "everybody has one of these Camaro. I must have seen 5 Camaro's that look exactly like yours on the way here today".

Another time I see a kid across a show field point to my car and sprint a good 50 yards across the field with his friends. He comes right up to the front of the car, looks at his friends with disappointment on his face and says "sorry guys...... it's only an SS, my bad."

Had a Corvette elitest come over and ask me about my car. he goes "hey have you ever drove your car back and forth to work". I respond "yeah I drive it whenever I can" he lowers his head into one of this hands wipes his face and says "thats just a god damn shame son.... a god damn shame"

all in all I get this garbage all the time and I was wondering what kind of back-handed compliments any of you guys have heard about your car.

WOW, you got a tough crowd there man. I can't recall ever hearing anything negative said about my car. People are pretty friendly here in SC. Now if the football team is losing, that's a whole nother story.

Lord Ryan 08-22-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew9440 (Post 6929302)
Closer to Pittsburgh. Ever heard of groundhog Punxsy Phil? Yeah thats the weird-a$$ area I live in.


I like Pitt. Downtown is really cool. Had a good time cycling there and gambling. Presque Isle State Park is really nice.

matthew9440 08-22-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSMickey (Post 6929320)
WOW, you got a tough crowd there man. I can't recall ever hearing anything negative said about my car. People are pretty friendly here in SC. Now if the football team is losing, that's a whole nother story.

Steelers Country over here. hahaha cockiness level went up like crazy when we won the 6th superbowl. Maybe thats why people are haters cause we didnt win the 7th?

Gtkilrss 08-22-2013 04:19 PM

Had a guy at a gas station say car sounds mean but can you shift it it? I was like its an auto. He was like that sucks...... As he got into his Honda accord smh

But other than that there's negativity at the track but my car holds it's own so I don't care.

But normally it's everyone coming up asking me about it.

Still I can't get over little kids that poke there dad and point at my car smiling and giving me thumbs up. If possible I usually give em a little show lol

Ksmoke 08-22-2013 04:20 PM

I have a 13 1LT/RS and I've gotten the "oh you didn't buy an SS?" Question/statement..Making it sound as if the camaro is worthless not as an SS.

matthew9440 08-22-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gtkilrss (Post 6929342)
Had a guy at a gas station say car sounds mean but can you shift it it? I was like its an auto. He was like that sucks...... As he got into his Honda accord smh

But other than that there's negativity at the track but my car holds it's own so I don't care.

But normally it's everyone coming up asking me about it.

Still I can't get over little kids that poke there dad and point at my car smiling and giving me thumbs up. If possible I usually give em a little show lol

Absolutely! I had a kid wreck his bike once trying to watch me go past. poor kid hit his buddy next to him and they both tumbled over.

matthew9440 08-22-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ksmoke (Post 6929353)
I have a 13 1LT/RS and I've gotten the "oh you didn't buy an SS?" Question/statement..Making it sound as if the camaro is worthless not as an SS.

Yeah but as I pointed out.... I have an SS and I get the "is that a ZL1" more then I thought I would. If you dont have the absolute most expensive car out there you will always get that.

crateish 08-22-2013 04:25 PM

Nobody has ever said a negative word to me about mine.

Nothing but compliments and jealousy.

Jbow89 08-22-2013 04:29 PM

I get "you bought a v6!?" All the time and my response always is just "yup" and when they try to make a comment about my manhood or the crime I've committed I always have two responses depending on some factors but usually the first is "college chicks have no clue what a v6 or v8 are", or I go with the "it's ok when you decide to buy a car ill make sure I go with you so I approve of your decision"

matthew9440 08-22-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crateish (Post 6929386)
Nobody has ever said a negative word to me about mine.

Nothing but compliments and jealousy.

part of me just wants to start dissing on you! hahaha no but thats good for you man. I think the general area i live in is just full of a bunch of haters!

matthew9440 08-22-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbow89 (Post 6929409)
I get "you bought a v6!?" All the time and my response always is just "yup" and when they try to make a comment about my manhood or the crime I've committed I always have two responses depending on some factors but usually the first is "college chicks have no clue what a v6 or v8 are", or I go with the "it's ok when you decide to buy a car ill make sure I go with you so I approve of your decision"

hahahaha love the 2nd one!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.