Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Got my first ticket! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317320)

RonnieG 09-09-2013 02:24 PM

Got my first ticket!

:character0229:

Got clocked going 78 on 60. Not so sure, cuz I saw HUD said 71, but w/e I guess.. speeding is speeding

Used to be <5 years no tickets and now its around 7 hours..

Anyways.. i've got a few questions

Officer told me I could take an online course and it would remove the 4 points that i'd get should I plead guilty to the charge. That sits well with me.. don't mind paying, but i'm curious about the insurance.

I don't really want to go to court and go through all the hassle, but I will if it will affect my insurance.

Any input on what this ticket means to insurance?

How does insurance find out about tickets anyway?

LSXaddict 09-09-2013 02:25 PM

What he is reffering to is doing traffic school online. If you do that it will avoid any points going on your record and therefore you should avoid your insurance being hiked.

ben3350 09-09-2013 02:26 PM

my last ticket I was going 96 in a 65. $450 fine, 6 hours of defensive driving, and 90 hours of community service. pretty harsh. But it was my second superspeeder in a 12 month period.

Only gotten 2 tickets.

Bigcros 09-09-2013 02:27 PM

^what LSX said

batman53201 09-09-2013 02:29 PM

i dont think one speeding ticket is going to affect your insurance

RonnieG 09-09-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSXaddict (Post 6988587)
What he is reffering to is doing traffic school online. If you do that it will avoid any points going on your record and therefore you should avoid your insurance being hiked.

Ok, awesome.. i was a bit wary since I've been checking quotes for my move and they always ask "any tickets in the last 5 years" and i'd always say no... and this got me kinda worried about a hike...

is it definitely based on points?

or is there a chance that saying yes to that will hike it a bit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben3350 (Post 6988589)
my last ticket I was going 96 in a 65. $450 fine, 6 hours of defensive driving, and 90 hours of community service. pretty harsh. But it was my second superspeeder in a 12 month period.

Only gotten 2 tickets.

made sense after i read it was the 2nd.. not saying its right.. but i could see that.. read somewhere that GA among other states can fine you $1000 off the bat.. but that 90 hours is pretty bad....

times you'd wish you could transform into a hot chick with a nice rack

Kleeeb 09-09-2013 03:00 PM

You better slow that 'v6' down! :shocked: just kidding, does your family know it's a 1LE yet? Lol :popcorn:

AWSME SS 09-09-2013 03:02 PM

Awesome! :clap2:

LSXaddict 09-09-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieG (Post 6988613)
Ok, awesome.. i was a bit wary since I've been checking quotes for my move and they always ask "any tickets in the last 5 years" and i'd always say no... and this got me kinda worried about a hike...

is it definitely based on points?

made sense after i read it was the 2nd.. not saying its right.. but i could see that.. read somewhere that GA among other states can fine you $1000 off the bat.. but that 90 hours is pretty bad....

times you'd wish you could transform into a hot chick with a nice rack

If there aren't points from the ticket on your record the check no ticket and you should be fine.

jd10013 09-09-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieG (Post 6988613)

yes, there is always a chance. depends on your age and the nature of the ticket, past offenses, and a ton of other factors. going 40 in a 35 is different than going 90 in 65 for example. if nothing has changed since they last checked it then your rates will stay the same.

whether or not you say yes or now is irrelevant. the insurance company will pull your driving record and base your rates on what it shows.

intensifi 09-09-2013 03:36 PM

OP I hope you do realize this thread and your statements can be searched and reviewed by your (and any other) insurance company.

RonnieG 09-09-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kleeeb (Post 6988733)
You better slow that 'v6' down! :shocked: just kidding, does your family know it's a 1LE yet? Lol :popcorn:

haha... yep.

I had let my dad drive the 2LT back in February. In July my whole fam came down for a visit and I drove my dad to go see and old friend. He looked down at the shifter and said, "why is reverse on this side now?" (the reverse gear is on the right as opposed to the 2LT having it on the left)

:facepalm:

The awkward silence was broken after my sister busted out laughing (she knew about the switch). It was cool though... turned out to be perfect timing.. he couldn't really get too upset about it since he was going to see his old friend.

Cool part is he didn't tell my mom while they were down here.. that would've been an earful.. Even cooler was when she did find out and he told her to just save it. His words were, "He really loves the thing, and it's his own money, so just leave him"

PalmerGA 09-09-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben3350 (Post 6988589)
But it was my second superspeeder in a 12 month period.

Why? Not too bright, my man...

RonnieG 09-09-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSXaddict (Post 6988739)
If there aren't points from the ticket on your record the check no ticket and you should be fine.

i sure hope so

:pray::pray:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd10013 (Post 6988757)
yes, there is always a chance. depends on your age and the nature of the ticket, past offenses, and a ton of other factors. going 40 in a 35 is different than going 90 in 65 for example. if nothing has changed since they last checked it then your rates will stay the same.

whether or not you say yes or now is irrelevant. the insurance company will pull your driving record and base your rates on what it shows.

blast.. guess i'll take a look at the court date and see what can be done... the rates are already ridiculous where i'm going, and i can't let it get any higher..

:mad2::mad2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by intensifi (Post 6988857)
OP I hope you do realize this thread and your statements can be searched and reviewed by your (and any other) insurance company.

i thought about that.. but with the situation i don't see how anything here will hurt me. it's not like i'm admitting fault for an accident or anything...

did a little bit of research after posting this and it seems that this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd10013 (Post 6988757)
the insurance company will pull your driving record and base your rates on what it shows.

...is true. i do appreciate the concern though :thumbsup: