Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Got some lowering questions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318327)

AbsolutHank 09-16-2013 11:35 AM

Got some lowering questions
 
Why do I see other bushings/mounts being talked about as well as springs?

With that said, which springs are best for me? I'm looking to lower 3/4", and keep to as close to stock ride quality as possible...that's the most important thing to me.

JDP Sales 09-16-2013 12:55 PM

Not sure what other mounts and bushings you are referring to, but springs are a strait swap. Others will do other bushings and what not as an upgrade at the same time, but nothing else is required to do springs.

I would suggest the Hotchkis springs. They will feel very similar to stock as they offer a progressive spring rate. Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

RPitts 09-16-2013 01:25 PM

I did the Eibach and am very happy with them.

RexZL1 09-16-2013 01:34 PM

Do CEL's pop up with spring changes?
Is the 'magneto' ride still all good and work with PTM modes?
Do you notice alot more scrape with routine driving? i.e, do you have to be really careful?
Thanks

GAZL1 09-16-2013 01:41 PM

Justice Pete??? Waiting for you to chime in...

Personally, I'd like these questions answered also. I've been contemplating the Pedders lowering coils for my ZL1! Thanks!

:pop2:

JDP Sales 09-16-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RexZL1 (Post 7006865)
Do CEL's pop up with spring changes?
Is the 'magneto' ride still all good and work with PTM modes?
Do you notice alot more scrape with routine driving? i.e, do you have to be really careful?
Thanks

There were early thoughts that the Rods for the Magnetic ride may have to be replaced, but it has been confirmed that they do not. Springs will not cause a CEL or any other error codes.

You will have to be more careful of inclines and driveway approaches, but that's a give in anytime you lower a car.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

URBAN LEGEND 09-16-2013 06:00 PM

You are asking for a scraped front wing by lowering this car. The front is pretty close to the ground already. Anything lower just makes daily driving more difficult.

ZL1-V 09-16-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND (Post 7007733)
You are asking for a scraped front wing by lowering this car. The front is pretty close to the ground already. Anything lower just makes daily driving more difficult.

I'm curious your ZL1 is lowered? How low is your drop? Which one did you end up using? It sounds like it scrapes too much for you?

GearheadSS 09-16-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND (Post 7007733)
You are asking for a scraped front wing by lowering this car. The front is pretty close to the ground already. Anything lower just makes daily driving more difficult.

This is true. It would make it more difficult but not impossible. GM puts spring spacers for shipping on the ZL1 for this very reason.

Sharp-ZL1 09-17-2013 04:22 AM

Do you have to cut the bump stops with a one inch drop? I am getting ready to install my pedders coil.

qniknam 09-17-2013 01:29 PM

Why would you lower it, it barely clears some speed bumps as it is.

URBAN LEGEND 09-17-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZL1-V (Post 7008017)
I'm curious your ZL1 is lowered? How low is your drop? Which one did you end up using? It sounds like it scrapes too much for you?

Nope. I barely clear the huge dips where I am. And that's stock.

JDP Sales 09-17-2013 03:00 PM

We have the ZL1 front bumper on our JDP SS and the car is lowered about an inch or so. Yes, you do have to be careful, but scraping is avoidable with techniques and taking proper angles. We live in Salt Lake City where we have deep gutters and steep driveway approaches due to our runoff, but we normally do not have a problem. You can't go strait on at things, but you really can't even do that at stock height. Angles are your friend! :thumb:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

URBAN LEGEND 09-17-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sales@JDP (Post 7010930)
We have the ZL1 front bumper on our JDP SS and the car is lowered about an inch or so. Yes, you do have to be careful, but scraping is avoidable with techniques and taking proper angles. We live in Salt Lake City where we have deep gutters and steep driveway approaches due to our runoff, but we normally do not have a problem. You can't go strait on at things, but you really can't even do that at stock height. Angles are your friend! :thumb:

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007

But for what? Why trade off the convenience? Looks? No thanks. To each their own.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.