Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Pics Setting up a Drag Camaro with BMR, Pfadt, Strange, Wilwood Parts!! (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319255)

Matt @ FSP 09-21-2013 06:12 PM

Pics Setting up a Drag Camaro with BMR, Pfadt, Strange, Wilwood Parts!!
 
6 Attachment(s)
First off, I would like to say that the BMR 15" wheel kit is a very nice kit. Lots of adjustment. Add in the Strange Coilovers, Pfadt Subframe Bushings/Motor Mounts, Wilwood Drag brakes, it makes for an excellent combination.

Did a sweep of ride height with driver before aligning of course, and we'll be working with the coilover adjustments track-side also. We were able to get it aligned with actually 0* degrees of camber in the rear, which as a lot of people know is great for a drag car but hard to achieve with our suspension setups. Just a hair of toe-in in the front.

Supercharged SS 09-21-2013 06:28 PM

Wow! Looks real awesome Matt.

MANNYS2SS/RS 09-21-2013 08:10 PM

AWESOME MATT!!! Glade you had a chance to help Mike out. I can't wait to see it at the track.

Matt @ FSP 09-22-2013 01:57 PM

Working with Mike yesterday was a pleasure for us. An informed customer, with great racing history makes it easy to dial in his race car.

Now starts the process of dialing in the suspension track-side, we are in the ballpark now just have to finish off dialing it all in.

Bad Dad 09-22-2013 09:16 PM

Likewise Matt, your experience with the IRS cars has improved my confidence that I can make my goal racing the LSx 5th Gen. next year. The BMR 15" Drag Race kit is awesome the PFADT lugs are perfect with the PFADT solid bushings.

Bad Dad 09-22-2013 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged SS (Post 7024510)
Wow! Looks real awesome Matt.


This Laser Alignment is sweet.

2010 SSRS 09-22-2013 09:36 PM

Looks absolutely awesome

BMR Sales 09-23-2013 11:11 AM

I am glad everything went smoothly for guys with the BMR 15" wheel kit. I can't wait to see you guys get the car to the track so we can see what it can really do. I know Mike has been waiting a long time to get to this project finished up and get it to the track.

If there is any way we can help you guys out (Mike or Matt @ FSP) let me know.

Bad Dad 09-23-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 7028444)
I am glad everything went smoothly for guys with the BMR 15" wheel kit. I can't wait to see you guys get the car to the track so we can see what it can really do. I know Mike has been waiting a long time to get to this project finished up and get it to the track.

If there is any way we can help you guys out (Mike or Matt @ FSP) let me know.


Kyle please push for the front subframe member:thanks:

BMR Sales 09-23-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad (Post 7028656)
Kyle please push for the front subframe member:thanks:

Oh I have been! :biggrin:

I think it something we will be working on here very shortly and as I get more information I will make sure I forward it on to you.

mlee 09-23-2013 12:48 PM

Did you corner balance? If so how did it come out?

Sweet setup for sure..:clap:

Matt @ FSP 09-23-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 7028718)
Did you corner balance? If so how did it come out?

Sweet setup for sure..:clap:


Not yet Mike... My plan was for now to get Bad Dad over to the track, make some shakedown runs as-is. Ride height is swept already with driver weight in car of course. I'd like to get some runs down track-side with making some shock adjustments, and then we can go forward with corner balancing if necessary at that point. I want to see what shock travel, etc. we have at the track with video and then go from there on the next steps. Plus the car is on low boost for now so it won't hit the tires as hard. Like always, it's a work in progress good thing is that it is forward progress.

We'll see if the weather holds out for us we're looking at hitting BMP this Sunday.

MANNYS2SS/RS 09-23-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP (Post 7028981)
Not yet Mike... My plan was for now to get Bad Dad over to the track, make some shakedown runs as-is. Ride height is swept already with driver weight in car of course. I'd like to get some runs down track-side with making some shock adjustments, and then we can go forward with corner balancing if necessary at that point. I want to see what shock travel, etc. we have at the track with video and then go from there on the next steps. Plus the car is on low boost for now so it won't hit the tires as hard. Like always, it's a work in progress good thing is that it is forward progress.

We'll see if the weather holds out for us we're looking at hitting BMP this Sunday.

That's awesome Matt :thumb:

Rockit_z28 09-24-2013 12:39 PM

Nice setup. Can't wait to get mine next year.

MANNYS2SS/RS 09-24-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockit_z28 (Post 7032150)
Nice setup. Can't wait to get mine next year.

:drool::drool:The never ending list but thats part of the fun.

Gotthat02fire 09-24-2013 03:18 PM

All this Camaro needs now is tubed wheel wells! Nice Setup!

BMR Sales 09-25-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockit_z28 (Post 7032150)
Nice setup. Can't wait to get mine next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MANNYS2SS/RS (Post 7032261)
:drool::drool:The never ending list but thats part of the fun.

When you two are ready to throw a 15" wheel on your cars let me know and we will get you set up with everything you need.

Bad Dad 09-25-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 7035334)
When you two are ready to throw a 15" wheel on your cars let me know and we will get you set up with everything you need.


Yep, Kyle can HOOK you up:thumb:

Bad Dad 09-25-2013 09:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The MAN himself fine tuning the suspension.........

BMR Sales 09-26-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Dad (Post 7037012)
Yep, Kyle can HOOK you up:thumb:

If I wasn't heading up to the huge drag radial race up in South Georgia Motorsports Park this coming weekend I would be down at BMP helping you guys get the suspension tuned.

Let me know how this weekend goes for you guys and if there is anything I can do for you let me know.

blazzin1 09-26-2013 01:02 PM

Hey, while y'all are messing around with this....can I ask a question? I have the same suspension set-up on mine (DRP007), although I have not installed the brake components yet. The lower control arms have a spherical ball joint on the inboard attachment point, and the stock hub also has an OEM ball-joint type connection on the outboard side. Because of these ball joint type connections, when I have the full weight-on-wheels, my lower control arm is "cocked over" towards the back of the car at an angle. It doesn't sit straight up and down because the shock is pushing down/back on the LCA, and also the sway bar link is pushing down on it too. When I jack up the car, everything straightens itself out. Is this normal? Is it something that I did wrong on installation? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

BMR Sales 09-26-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 7039066)
Hey, while y'all are messing around with this....can I ask a question? I have the same suspension set-up on mine (DRP007), although I have not installed the brake components yet. The lower control arms have a spherical ball joint on the inboard attachment point, and the stock hub also has an OEM ball-joint type connection on the outboard side. Because of these ball joint type connections, when I have the full weight-on-wheels, my lower control arm is "cocked over" towards the back of the car at an angle. It doesn't sit straight up and down because the shock is pushing down/back on the LCA, and also the sway bar link is pushing down on it too. When I jack up the car, everything straightens itself out. Is this normal? Is it something that I did wrong on installation? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Your setup is acting exactly how it should, the spherical rod ends allow it to articulate a little back there but it won't effect the performance what so ever. With the rear suspension geometry and the arcs that these parts work on the spherical rod ends are the best option on a kit like this.

blazzin1 09-26-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMR Sales (Post 7039177)
Your setup is acting exactly how it should, the spherical rod ends allow it to articulate a little back there but it won't effect the performance what so ever. With the rear suspension geometry and the arcs that these parts work on the spherical rod ends are the best option on a kit like this.

Thanks Kyle, just wanted to make sure it was supposed to be doing that!!!

Bad Dad 09-26-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazzin1 (Post 7039268)
Thanks Kyle, just wanted to make sure it was supposed to be doing that!!!


Same here, thought the same thing called Kyle he said normal:thumb:

Camper 09-27-2013 06:27 AM

that setup looks similar :)

I just havent replaced my BMR LCA's with the tubular ones or my pfadt coilovers yet. I want to see how BMR's prorprietary setup works.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.