Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   No More Than 4000 Units Over 2 Years, Track Specific Warranty. (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323437)

Zfatuated 10-16-2013 01:14 PM

No More Than 4000 Units Over 2 Years, Track Specific Warranty.
 
"The Z/28 will see two years of production at a volume of no more than 4,000 units. GM will back the car with a track-specific warranty."

http://wardsauto.com/vehicles-amp-te...-model-arrives

radz28 10-16-2013 01:25 PM

That's confidence!

Gary B 10-16-2013 07:25 PM

Silver looks pretty nice! Can't wait to see all its colors on it!

2SSRS@Gen5diy 10-16-2013 07:34 PM

Did any of you get this line.
Quote:

He says the car posted 7:31.9 in dry testing, although that is not considered an official time because cameras were not rolling

90503 10-16-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zfatuated (Post 7098058)
"The Z/28 will see two years of production at a volume of no more than 4,000 units. GM will back the car with a track-specific warranty."

http://wardsauto.com/vehicles-amp-te...-model-arrives

I'd say this is noteworthy....Looks more like "limited production" as opposed to the original statement of "whoever wants one can get one"....Should command a hefty price-tag, though, with a finite number....track warranty has gotta come at a premium as well...

....No biggie....I'm not surprised at the number they will make...Only so many LS7s available....

Denis 10-17-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary B (Post 7099273)
Silver looks pretty nice! Can't wait to see all its colors on it!

for sure! id like to see it in Yellow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy (Post 7099305)
Did any of you get this line.

oh yea...to bad its unofficial. thats a killer time.

shaffe 10-17-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90503 (Post 7099385)
I'd say this is noteworthy....Looks more like "limited production" as opposed to the original statement of "whoever wants one can get one"....Should command a hefty price-tag, though, with a finite number....track warranty has gotta come at a premium as well...

....No biggie....I'm not surprised at the number they will make...Only so many LS7s available....

hefty price tag for sure. If any of the local dealers by me get one, I would not be shocked if it had a markup of 20-30K on it

SEVEN-OH JOE 10-17-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zfatuated (Post 7098058)
"The Z/28 will see two years of production at a volume of no more than 4,000 units. GM will back the car with a track-specific warranty."

At most, the Gen-5 Z/28 will see 16-18 months of production, spread over two model years.

From Al's in-car discussion with Jay Leno, "1,500 per year" was confirmed. In the Reuss discussion with Loh, Evans, Lieberman and Freiburger in their round table discussion, Wixom-only-built LS7s was discussed and confirmed.

Let's hope that total number improves to near-4,000. I think the market is there.

PYROLYSIS 10-17-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis (Post 7101143)
for sure! id like to see it in Yellow.



oh yea...to bad its unofficial. thats a killer time.

They're not making it in yellow. Red Hot, Ashen Gray, SIM, Black and Summit White are the only colors for be Z/28.

Zfatuated 10-17-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 7101729)
They're not making it in yellow. Red Hot, Ashen Gray, SIM, Black and Summit White are the only colors for be Z/28.

I don't have any strong choices yet, however I could see Ashen Gray with those black OE wheels as looking pretty bad-ass and sinister. Would also hide all the clag marks ;-)

Grayman 10-17-2013 09:57 PM

Any clue what the MSRP will be on the Z/28? I was talking to a local performance shop owner and he thinks they'll be going for more than the ZL1's.

90503 10-17-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grayman (Post 7103096)
Any clue what the MSRP will be on the Z/28? I was talking to a local performance shop owner and he thinks they'll be going for more than the ZL1's.

No secret that it will be more than the ZL-1s....Pricing has not been released....guesses run the whole spectrum....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285389

Mikebrinda 10-17-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 7101729)
They're not making it in yellow. Red Hot, Ashen Gray, SIM, Black and Summit White are the only colors for be Z/28.

1. What was thinking behind announcing the car painted in a color that is not for sale? How does that help, to draw people in, only to eventually let them know they cannot buy what they see?

2. Why isn't the pearl white color available for sale at a premium, when it is clearly possible to produce the color?

LOWDOWN 10-18-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikebrinda (Post 7103334)
1. What was thinking behind announcing the car painted in a color that is not for sale? How does that help, to draw people in, only to eventually let them know they cannot buy what they see?

2. Why isn't the pearl white color available for sale at a premium, when it is clearly possible to produce the color?

1) With all the twists 'n turns in the body work, especially the angles from doors to rear quarters, it's a shape that appears to have color mismatch...which is diminished with the low-gloss Pearl White. Makes for a great Show Car, though, which is NOT a new reality for just this car...

2) If the low-gloss Pearl White was offered on the full line of Camaros, then there'd be a better chance of its availability on the Z/28. As was anticipated, the color choices for the Z/28 are FEWER instead of more, due to it's relatively low production numbers...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.