Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   Whats the boost in torque from on the LS7? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323732)

LS6-M22 10-18-2013 12:37 AM

Whats the boost in torque from on the LS7?
 
I noticed the Z/28 has more torque then the Z06 with the same engine.Does anyone know what changes were made?

davidcroft 10-18-2013 05:40 AM

It's gonna be a HP bump too but Chevy is under-rating it. Open element K&N intake, tri-y shorty manifolds and electric power steering. From my '12-'13 Camaro LS3 cars the electric power steering variable showed up as 20 HP on a dyno. All my power mods were swapped at trade-in and 2nd dyno was in warmer weather. Chevrolet is down playing it by rating it at only 11 more TQ.:thumbsup:

b4z 10-18-2013 05:39 PM

I'd say it is mostly in the tri y exhaust and the rest of the exhaust system.

Bhobbs 10-18-2013 06:29 PM

Better flowing exhaust is probably the biggest change.

garfin 10-19-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS6-M22 (Post 7103411)
I noticed the Z/28 has more torque then the Z06 with the same engine.Does anyone know what changes were made?

According to Autoblog:
Pankl titanium connecting rods were added, as well as Mahle pistons, and a revised air intake with K&N cold-air induction and exhaust headers.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/16/2...-review-video/

Best regards,

Elie

LS6-M22 10-19-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garfin (Post 7106803)
According to Autoblog:
Pankl titanium connecting rods were added, as well as Mahle pistons, and a revised air intake with K&N cold-air induction and exhaust headers.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/16/2...-review-video/

Best regards,

Elie

Does anyone know if the pistons are now forged?

bigssc 10-19-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS6-M22 (Post 7107078)
Does anyone know if the pistons are now forged?

def not forged.

2cnd chance 10-19-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigssc (Post 7107081)
def not forged.

Are you sure? :iono: The rest of the engine is.

bigssc 10-19-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 7107233)
Are you sure? :iono: The rest of the engine is.

well from what i know of that most of the motor is.. (forged crank, titainum rods etc) but the pistons arent and thats the LS7's weak point. the hyperteutic pistons arent forged unlike the LS9 which has forged pistons,

2cnd chance 10-19-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigssc (Post 7107670)
well from what i know of that most of the motor is.. (forged crank, titainum rods etc) but the pistons arent and thats the LS7's weak point. the hyperteutic pistons arent forged unlike the LS9 which has forged pistons,

These are supposed to be a new piston.

ayousef 10-19-2013 07:07 PM

interesting, so is compression ratio the same? Remember they said at least 505bhp, I think its closer to 550bhp but I'm still surprised it couldn't go past 161mph it seemed to be stuck there on the straight.

2cnd chance 10-19-2013 07:17 PM

Yes I believe the CR is the same. I'm surprised as well at the 505 HP while the Torque has been increased. I'm with you on the HP it is probably closer to 525. The run on the straight obviously was held back due to the wet surface.

ayousef 10-19-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cnd chance (Post 7107941)
Yes I believe the CR is the same. I'm surprised as well at the 505 HP while the Torque has been increased. I'm with you on the HP it is probably closer to 525. The run on the straight obviously was held back due to the wet surface.

I don't think it had anything to do with the wet surface, the car wouldn't have "slipped" out of control in that gear, however I think the HP boost is larger than you think it is, check out the tri-y tubular short tube "headers", cold air intake and electrical power steering and possibly some other shit we don't know about, the tune might be more aggressive who knows?

2cnd chance 10-19-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayousef (Post 7107971)
I don't think it had anything to do with the wet surface, the car wouldn't have "slipped" out of control in that gear, however I think the HP boost is larger than you think it is, check out the tri-y tubular short tube "headers", cold air intake and electrical power steering and possibly some other shit we don't know about, the tune might be more aggressive who knows?

It could very well be sandbagging. Maybe they've learned a lesson after the ZL1 release?

Intake = 6 HP ?
Exhaust = 9 HP ?
Electric Steering = 5 HP ?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.