Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Electronic Gremlins (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323848)

jasonfichter 10-18-2013 06:35 PM

Electronic Gremlins
 
Long story short I popped a tire and had to use the spare that came with the car, which is much smaller than my 20in wheels I have now. While having the spare on the car I got lights on my dash for abs and traction control. I figured it was because the car was tilted and so it couldn't calculate properly. Those lights went away after three restarts.

Then my door locks won't work by pushing down the little pin on the door or when pressing the lock button on the door with the car off. The locks go down then pop back up. The other night my door locks opened and closed on two separate occasions, so I know I didn't accidentally press the button.

Got my new tire today and all is well except the door locks are still having the same problem. A few minutes ago I took the car for a "spirited drive" to get some groceries with the car in sport mode. The car WAS NOT in manual mode. I get to a light after driving a bit hard and the car starts to downshift as I'm slowing down it and it was rev-matching just like it would when you press the button. It did this on three gears before I was completely stopped so once again I didn't accidentally press the button. After getting the groceries I drove exactly how I was before but the car drove completely normal with no rev-matching.

For all of you out there that know far more about these cars than I do, can I please have your opinion on why my car might be doing this.

Here is the link to my thread of my past issues over the summer. The car has been perfectly fine after those issues were fixed. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299010

Comrando 10-18-2013 07:49 PM

The beauty of an auto.

jasonfichter 10-18-2013 10:23 PM

trust me it wasn't my choice, it was the cheapest

jasonfichter 10-19-2013 12:55 PM

bump

jasonfichter 10-19-2013 11:27 PM

bump

jasonfichter 10-20-2013 04:47 PM

I was driving the car in auto mode today and it misssed its shift just before redline and it hit the rev limiter. Then every time I took off from a light in manual mode it woukd get to about 4k rpm and it would shift and the dic would say its in D again.

tomlink 10-20-2013 05:14 PM

If this was a computer, and it pretty well is, I'd say reboot. That probably means a fuse-pull that lots of threads here mention.

Comrando 10-20-2013 06:11 PM

Did you disconnect the footwell lighting again?

Do you have an aftermarket stereo?

Something is not wired correctly.

Maybe a car audio shop would have more experience with aftermarket lights than a Chevy service center. Someone might spot it in 10 minutes. A second set of eyes should always be your first step :smoking:

The doors won't lock if the car thinks the key is in the ignition. That's a clue. Something is telling the car there is power on. The FOB won't work.

There are two ways I know of to lock the car with a key in the ignition. At least until you have your Camaro repaired.

1. Argue with the button on the door. Press it hard and hold it. It gives up after three tries. It's cool the engineers thought of this :smiling1:

2. Close the driver's door, enter through the passenger door and leave it open. Hit the lock button on the dash. Exit and close the door.

You will need to use the key in the door for reentry as the FOB will remain disabled.

jasonfichter 10-20-2013 07:15 PM

No aftermarket stereo. And no the footwell lights are fine. I followed instructions I found on here exaclty it is only a power and a ground. If the car was always wired wrong would it always have problems. There seems to be a wave of alot of problems that comes on very quickly but doesnt leave quick at all.

My fob does work and the doors do lock with the key just not with the lock or the button. it locks at first then it unlocks.

Comrando 10-21-2013 01:17 AM

Ghost in the machine
 
Shoot.

Did your dealer reprogram the body control module (BCM)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfichter (Post 7110390)
No aftermarket stereo. And no the footwell lights are fine. I followed instructions I found on here exaclty it is only a power and a ground. If the car was always wired wrong would it always have problems. There seems to be a wave of alot of problems that comes on very quickly but doesnt leave quick at all.

So it's an intermittent issue. Ack.
You can never get that to show up when you need it.



Quote:

My fob does work and the doors do lock with the key just not with the lock or the button. it locks at first then it unlocks.
Usually that's when it thinks a key is in the ignition. But then the FOB shouldn't work.

If it's on and off all I can think of is an intermittent short or maybe an impedance. Are the light wires a twisted pair?

Maybe the service center can swap the BCM as a test.

jasonfichter 10-21-2013 07:52 AM

Sorry guys my last post was a bit confusing. By waves I meant that there was problems in june then no problems and now there is problems again. Everything I wrote up on this new thread happens everyday. The link I put up is just the history of the car

jasonfichter 10-21-2013 07:53 AM

I think im gona remove all of my lights and dump the car at the lot and not pick it up until its fixed because they have the tendancy of telling me nothing is wrong with the car.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-21-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfichter (Post 7105563)
Long story short I popped a tire and had to use the spare that came with the car, which is much smaller than my 20in wheels I have now. While having the spare on the car I got lights on my dash for abs and traction control. I figured it was because the car was tilted and so it couldn't calculate properly. Those lights went away after three restarts.

Then my door locks won't work by pushing down the little pin on the door or when pressing the lock button on the door with the car off. The locks go down then pop back up. The other night my door locks opened and closed on two separate occasions, so I know I didn't accidentally press the button.

Got my new tire today and all is well except the door locks are still having the same problem. A few minutes ago I took the car for a "spirited drive" to get some groceries with the car in sport mode. The car WAS NOT in manual mode. I get to a light after driving a bit hard and the car starts to downshift as I'm slowing down it and it was rev-matching just like it would when you press the button. It did this on three gears before I was completely stopped so once again I didn't accidentally press the button. After getting the groceries I drove exactly how I was before but the car drove completely normal with no rev-matching.

For all of you out there that know far more about these cars than I do, can I please have your opinion on why my car might be doing this.

Here is the link to my thread of my past issues over the summer. The car has been perfectly fine after those issues were fixed. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299010

jasonfichter,

I apologize for the electrical issues that you are experiencing. I'd be more than happy to oversee an official diagnosis of this concern at your local dealer. We want you to feel like your vehicle is operating as it was designed to and are willing to exhaust all measures to ensure that we can make it right. Feel free to contact me privately if necessary.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

jasonfichter 10-21-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 7113763)
jasonfichter,

I apologize for the electrical issues that you are experiencing. I'd be more than happy to oversee an official diagnosis of this concern at your local dealer. We want you to feel like your vehicle is operating as it was designed to and are willing to exhaust all measures to ensure that we can make it right. Feel free to contact me privately if necessary.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Okay thank you very much. It won't go into the dealer for a while because my other car that i normally drive, got its bumper ripped off by a parking space stop so i have to fix that first.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-21-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfichter (Post 7113834)
Okay thank you very much. It won't go into the dealer for a while because my other car that i normally drive, got its bumper ripped off by a parking space stop so i have to fix that first.

Oh wow,

Apologies to hear about that as well. Please keep me updated on your situation and let me know if my assistance is needed.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

jasonfichter 10-23-2013 10:00 PM

I took the car to the dealer and the first thing I witnessed as I drove up was a Service rep whip a silverado around the parking lot and almost hit the concrete wall. I was hoping to god that he wouldn't be my rep but guess what, he was. We went through the write up about my car and he stepped out and I think the other rep new what I was thinking, because he said, don't worry the valets don't drive like he does. Im still a little worried because the valets and techs should be the only one driving my car, but there is still a chance he will drive it.:paddle:

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-25-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfichter (Post 7120666)
I took the car to the dealer and the first thing I witnessed as I drove up was a Service rep whip a silverado around the parking lot and almost hit the concrete wall. I was hoping to god that he wouldn't be my rep but guess what, he was. We went through the write up about my car and he stepped out and I think the other rep new what I was thinking, because he said, don't worry the valets don't drive like he does. Im still a little worried because the valets and techs should be the only one driving my car, but there is still a chance he will drive it.:paddle:

Oh no,

That's not pleasant to hear. Let me know how the diagnosis turns out. We're here in case you need additional assistance.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

jasonfichter 10-26-2013 11:50 AM

Picked up the car yeastarday and the service adviser told me he has to "school me" on how to propperly use my transmission because im not using it propperly. He also told me that the door locks are completely normal and they were designed to have an anti lockout. I then asked if I can try the door locks on one of the camaros they had on the lot and he started to yell at me that it is illegal for me to touch the dealers cars on the lot. I walked up to it and tried the door locks with him standing there and showed him how the door locks on that car work properly. he then told me that car must be broken. I took the keys from his hand along with the receipt and drove 20 mins to another dealer. The first thing the guy said upon looking at the receipt is that the other dealer is an idiot. Im hoping that I will have better luck at the new dealer.

Almost forgot, he also said he took the car for a ride to see if he could get my car to act up and because he really wanted to go for a ride in it.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-26-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfichter (Post 7128840)
Picked up the car yeastarday and the service adviser told me he has to "school me" on how to propperly use my transmission because im not using it propperly. He also told me that the door locks are completely normal and they were designed to have an anti lockout. I then asked if I can try the door locks on one of the camaros they had on the lot and he started to yell at me that it is illegal for me to touch the dealers cars on the lot. I walked up to it and tried the door locks with him standing there and showed him how the door locks on that car work properly. he then told me that car must be broken. I took the keys from his hand along with the receipt and drove 20 mins to another dealer. The first thing the guy said upon looking at the receipt is that the other dealer is an idiot. Im hoping that I will have better luck at the new dealer.

Almost forgot, he also said he took the car for a ride to see if he could get my car to act up and because he really wanted to go for a ride in it.

Oh my,

This certainly doesn't sound pleasant. Since I am able to report formal dealership compliments and complaints, you are more than welcome to contact me privately to have this documented in greater detail. If you do, please PM us with your full name, contact and vehicle information, and the involved dealership and personnel. I will also look forward to any additional updates you provide.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

jasonfichter 10-27-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 7130343)
Oh my,

This certainly doesn't sound pleasant. Since I am able to report formal dealership compliments and complaints, you are more than welcome to contact me privately to have this documented in greater detail. If you do, please PM us with your full name, contact and vehicle information, and the involved dealership and personnel. I will also look forward to any additional updates you provide.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank you for your concern, i just private messaged you

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-27-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonfichter (Post 7131390)
Thank you for your concern, i just private messaged you

You're welcome,

I sent you a PM response.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.