Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Southeast (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Raleigh NC (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32841)

SpeedySoldier 07-16-2009 11:15 PM

Raleigh NC

Hey has anyone happened to see vin # 21157 at Hendrick auto mall in cary? its an IOM/IO int 2SS/RS 6m car and i have actually already paid for it, im being told by the dealer that their was a "recall" and he isnt able to release it to my wife yet, (im in iraq so i cant get it myself wife is supposed to get it for me) im just worried that dealer has it sittin on the showroom floor or in the lot for every tom dick and harry to fool with, this is my car that i have already paid for and just worried that the dealer is trying to pull in buisness with it since im not there to take it, the reason im suspicious is the supposed recall is the "shifter"...havent heard anything about that at all and neither has anyone else to my knowledge...if anyone has been by there and seen the car any information would be awesome, Thanks
Speedy

2011RS/SS 07-17-2009 01:05 AM

i will try and swing by there this weekend for you

ncstatered21 07-17-2009 01:12 AM

I was just there today. I saw a red RS but didn't see an SS. Is it a pre-owned? Because I will be going by there multiple times tomorrow and can check to see if it is on the showroom floor. I only went to the way front of the dealership because I saw the Red RS while driving by and my girlfriend wanted to stop and take a picture.

SpeedySoldier 07-17-2009 01:55 AM

no its not pre owned, its brand new, just delivered last week, supposedly they cant release it because of the recall, even though ive already paid for it...i sure do appreciate you guys checking though

Lee9710 07-17-2009 08:19 AM

I may be taking a drive up there this weekend. I'll stop in if I do and see if it is there.

jpsuperman81 07-17-2009 09:06 AM

No recall of shifters and no recall on trannys yet. They are looking into possible tranny problems but thats a factory thing and not a on the street recall at least not yet. Not sure if dealer is BSing you ro not but doesn't sound good.

SpeedySoldier 07-17-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 690646)
No recall of shifters and no recall on trannys yet. They are looking into possible tranny problems but thats a factory thing and not a on the street recall at least not yet. Not sure if dealer is BSing you ro not but doesn't sound good.

yeh thats what I thought, thats why im worried

ncstatered21 07-17-2009 10:50 AM

Well I have only seen Camaro's at the preowned place. I haven't seen them at the actual Chevy dealership. I'm about to leave toward that way in a few minutes. I'll get back to you in a little bit if I see anything. What color is it?

SpeedySoldier 07-17-2009 10:56 AM

its inferno orange with inferno orange interior

ncstatered21 07-17-2009 10:58 AM

okay. Check back on here in an hour and a half or two hours. I'll report back if I saw it.

SpeedySoldier 07-17-2009 11:20 AM

awesome, your the man

xxalexmxx8926 07-17-2009 11:26 AM

Just had to reply:

GO WOLFPACK!!!!

:happyanim::headbang::happyanim::headbang: :drinking:

ugxvibe 07-17-2009 11:34 AM

its not there yet, some cars have a internal factory recall that has been cleared and are being shipped. i just checked their inventory and it is not there yet. is this your vin 2G1FT1EW5A9121157?

SpeedySoldier 07-17-2009 11:39 AM

yes that is my vin

ugxvibe 07-17-2009 11:41 AM

It hasnt been delivered yet. You might want to get in touch with the sales manager down at Chevy for more info. Im betting that your car is one of the held units that they are now releasing for delivery.

SpeedySoldier 07-17-2009 11:42 AM

so i wonder what it benefits my dealer to tell me it arrived and go so far as to tell me it had 32 miles on it when it got there....*sigh* I really dont understand the thinking behind that

ugxvibe 07-17-2009 11:50 AM

I'm not sure, then again, I could be wrong. Im just going by whats in our system for that VIN. If it is here I havent seen it, they deliver all the cars right behind our shop. There is only one silver SS out there right now.

ugxvibe 07-17-2009 11:51 AM

I doubt that they would tell you that knowing you live over an hour away. I would get in touch with someone down there to get things straight.

ncstatered21 07-17-2009 01:03 PM

Yeah ugxvibe is right. I was just down there and the only one I saw was a cyber metallic SS that was supercharged. sick. I went around the dealership multiple times and only saw that one. I didn't see it in the showroom either or behind where they usually deliver cars. Funny thing is the only one i saw looked just like the camaro in ugxvibe's sig. But on the hood it said supercharged.

SpeedySoldier 07-17-2009 01:38 PM

sweet, well even though they were BSing me about my car being in, im happy that its not sitting in the showroom with people pawing at it, thanks ncstaterd21 an everyone else that was checking orders for me, also i saw that same car the CMG supercharged car, that thing was badass, it actually one of rick hendricks personal cars, after a few months of him driving it they are gonna sell it for some outrageous price

ncstatered21 07-17-2009 01:43 PM

Yeah Rick Hendrick goes through cars like crazy. I remember seeing a Challenger on the showroom floor at the preowned place and the guy said it was mr. hendricks personal car. But yeah no problem. I enjoyed seeing the supercharged camaro. I live right near there so maybe I will have to go by and see your car when it comes in. Keep me posted.

SpeedySoldier 07-17-2009 03:53 PM

Well you guys were right, just got word from Oshawa that the car is stuck in QC with the rest of the m6's with no ship date in sight, I really appreciate all the investigating though :D

ncstatered21 07-17-2009 05:53 PM

Anything for a person serving our country.

SpeedySoldier 07-18-2009 06:38 AM

does smithfields bbq still do their hotrod night? we should all hook up somtime once im back and grab some food or somthing, id really be intrested to see what the other guys in the area are doing with their cars anyway, ive ordered the full kooks exhaust and am going to supercharge, once I decide on which unit to use

ugxvibe 07-18-2009 11:38 AM

Im not sure about car shows around here, I know Grill57 used to have car shows in the Spring.. but hey, when you get down here for your car I'd love to meet up with you and give you a run with my '93 Z :)