Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Got my allocation, but now the SS manual tranny is on constraint, WHAT TO DO??? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32955)

SS Man 07-17-2009 03:09 PM

Got my allocation, but now the SS manual tranny is on constraint, WHAT TO DO???
 
Here's my dilemma. I ordered a 2SS RS 6sp manual IOM white rally stripes back on 02/21/09 from my small local dealer. I've know the salesman and dealer for a long time and he said they were getting 2 allocations thru the 3rd qtr. I was second on the list. So I have been waiting to get my allocation since then. At first it was not bad but once I got addicted to Camaro5 the wait has been LONG! So the end of June rolls around and I am still at 1100. I talk to the dealer again and he said he has an allocation coming up in July. I'm happy, for now. Well it was wednesday evening and I'm reading about the SS manual tranny issues and I thought to myself the worst case senario. Sure enough my dealer calls today and said they have an allocation for my car, but I could tell by the tone in his voice something was wrong. So I said, "Manual tranny", and he said "Yep it's on constraint". :cry: I said it hopefully won't be on constraint long so could he wait a couple of weeks and he said he has to change the order by tuesday to relieve the constraint or my order will be bypassed. And since they were supposed to only get 2 allocations he had no idea when the next allocation would come. He also said the TPW is Aug 10 and it might be here by Labor Day.

Now my decision. I have to,

1. Change my order to something I don't really want.

2. Leave the R6P order the way it is and wait until who knows when.

3. Give up the order and try to find another dealer that has an allocation that will sell it to me for a good price. My dealer was selling it to me for under MSRP.

So I ask my fellow Camaro5 friends what do I do? Is there any chance the M6 will come of constraint before tuesday??? :help::help::help::help:

UPDATE: Great News! I called my dealer today (thursday) since I saw the M6 constraint had been lifted and my dealer was going to try modify the order that got picked up instead of mine to my options and to my surprise the dealer said they got another allocation this week!!!! So my car is going to get picked up with a TPW of August 17th!!!! This was a surprise allocation for my dealer. He had only had 2 other allocations so far, 1 in april and last week.

I am wondering if anyone else in my situation from last week, if your dealer got an additional allocation???? I sure hope so for everyone's sake.

:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happy anim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

jpsuperman81 07-17-2009 03:12 PM

4. Wait a week and you should be fine.

Legend 07-17-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 692326)
4. Wait a week and you should be fine.

:word:

jpsuperman81 07-17-2009 03:15 PM

What event code are you at right now if at 3000 your fine, if you just moved from 1100 probably be safe to wait a week. Whatever you do don't sacrifice and get something less than what you really want.

SS Man 07-17-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 (Post 692333)
What event code are you at right now if at 3000 your fine, if you just moved from 1100 probably be safe to wait a week. Whatever you do don't sacrifice and get something less than what you really want.

I'm at 1100 but as soon as the dealer responds to his consensus, it would go to 2000. But If my order gets bypassed the next order he has that is not constrained will go to 2000 and then I will be at 1100 until his next allocation comes which might not be until october or later.

Treadstone 07-17-2009 03:19 PM

Yea man stick it out. Get what you want, other wise you will regret it.

Hylton 07-17-2009 03:22 PM

The constraint will most likely be lifted next week. Wait for what you really want.

SS Man 07-17-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 692358)
The constraint will most likely be lifted next week. Wait for what you really want.

One week of contraint and I hit it!!!!:mad0259::mad0259::mad0259: I should have known, since I always pick the slowest line at the grocery store.

Is there anyway for a dealer to hold an allocation for a week???????? RPO_Z28 or CamaroScotty... Help!

Hylton 07-17-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Man (Post 692374)
One week of contraint and I hit it!!!!:mad0259::mad0259::mad0259: I should have known, since I always pick the slowest line at the grocery store.

Is there anyway for a dealer to hold an allocation for a week???????? RPO_Z28 or CamaroScotty... Help!

Yes - this is what you do.........order the car as an automatic and order white. I think the system will accept it now and then you'll have your allocation. Once the constraint is dropped, change the color and tranny. Just do it before it goes past 2300.

SS Man 07-17-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 692382)
Yes - this is what you do.........order the car as an automatic and order white. I think the system will accept it now and then you'll have your allocation. Once the constraint is dropped, change the color and tranny. Just do it before it goes past 2300.

That sounds risky, but I trust you Hylton. Now I just have to trust my dealer that he stays on top of it!!!!!! Do you know how long it would before it would go past 2300????? If they contstraint lasted an extra week would it be OK....

IF it works, then I guess I won't win your Hat!

Hylton 07-17-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Man (Post 692409)
That sounds risky, but I trust you Hylton. Now I just have to trust my dealer that he stays on top of it!!!!!! Do you know how long it would before it would go past 2300????? If they contstraint lasted an extra week would it be OK....

IF it works, then I guess I won't win your Hat!

It would be magic if it took less than 4 weeks for your car to get to 3400. If you have a good dealership, they can actually get the order changed at 3000 but shhhhhhhh! I didn't tell you that. :cool:

jpsuperman81 07-17-2009 03:41 PM

Just tell your dealer/salesman exacctly what you want to do and make sure they keep you in loop or check your number everyday on here to be safe, the viz is happy to help. Worst case scenario you get stuck with auto on order just tell them you don't want it. i see postss all the time on here with dealers that have allocation to order asap and more and more of these will be on lots in coming months.

Brian2SS/RS 07-17-2009 03:50 PM

I say wait and get what you want. I would think changing an order would be risky, but then again it might work out for you. Talked to my dealer yesterday and mine probably won't be here to Christmas. Allocation is a poor way to do business in my opinion.

Timberline 07-17-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS Man (Post 692317)
Here's my dilemma. I ordered a 2SS RS 6sp manual IOM white rally stripes back on 02/21/09 from my small local dealer. I've know the salesman and dealer for a long time and he said they were getting 2 allocations thru the 3rd qtr. I was second on the list. So I have been waiting to get my allocation since then. At first it was not bad but once I got addicted to Camaro5 the wait has been LONG! So the end of June rolls around and I am still at 1100. I talk to the dealer again and he said he has an allocation coming up in July. I'm happy, for now. Well it was wednesday evening and I'm reading about the SS manual tranny issues and I thought to myself the worst case senario. Sure enough my dealer calls today and said they have an allocation for my car, but I could tell by the tone in his voice something was wrong. So I said, "Manual tranny", and he said "Yep it's on constraint". :cry: I said it hopefully won't be on constraint long so could he wait a couple of weeks and he said he has to change the order by tuesday to relieve the constraint or my order will be bypassed. And since they were supposed to only get 2 allocations he had no idea when the next allocation would come. He also said the TPW is Aug 10 and it might be here by Labor Day.

Now my decision. I have to,

1. Change my order to something I don't really want.

2. Leave the R6P order the way it is and wait until who knows when.

3. Give up the order and try to find another dealer that has an allocation that will sell it to me for a good price. My dealer was selling it to me for under MSRP.

So I ask my fellow Camaro5 friends what do I do? Is there any chance the M6 will come of constraint before tuesday??? :help::help::help::help:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32599

I am in the exact same boat. I am not willing to settle for an automatic. I passed because I was unsure how long the wait was before the manual come off of constraint.

So here I set 7+ months and still waiting.

after reading this thread we must be blood brothers. LOL


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.