Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro 1LE Forum (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   drove a 1LE yesterday (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329657)

RandyT 11-24-2013 12:49 PM

drove a 1LE yesterday
 
went and checked out a 1LE yesterday dealer showed me stickers of 2 they had in stock.
Turned out they were just pulling a typical dealer scam
They did have 2 1LE's but didn't have the colors nor the Recaros I wanted.
But since I was there I test drove one and must say you guys were right.
I love the sound of that exhaust and the ride was only slightly different than my 12 1SS

I'm sold

CrystalRedTintcoat 11-24-2013 09:31 PM

Order what you want. Remember for orders dealers don't pay holding costs do they get 100% of the holdback. Leverage your negotiation.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ryanbabz71 11-24-2013 09:34 PM

Orders are suspended now for a few months so take that into account


Ryan

9020B 11-24-2013 10:24 PM

I drove one last week. I was impressed as well. The salesman who typically sells me commercial pickups ordered the car in. It is a 2SS 1LE CRT, sunroof, nav, no Recaros and no NPP. He stated that the Recaro's are hard and uncomfortable for any length of time. I want the car as a touring car for me and my wife, I will likely never take it to the track. I want an authoritative exhaust but I don't want it droning or overpowering inside the car when running at highway speed down the road. Anyone have any thoughts? I have read all I can find, no one has said the Recaro seats are uncomfortable or anything negative on NPP. My price is 43K. The Recaro's look real nice and I would like them if they are comfortable. Can anyone confirm or deny this.

mySSt 11-24-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9020B (Post 7213576)
I drove one last week. I was impressed as well. The salesman who typically sells me commercial pickups ordered the car in. It is a 2SS 1LE CRT, sunroof, nav, no Recaros and no NPP. He stated that the Recaro's are hard and uncomfortable for any length of time. I want the car as a touring car for me and my wife, I will likely never take it to the track. I want an authoritative exhaust but I don't want it droning or overpowering inside the car when running at highway speed down the road. Anyone have any thoughts? I have read all I can find, no one has said the Recaro seats are uncomfortable or anything negative on NPP. My price is 43K. The Recaro's look real nice and I would like them if they are comfortable. Can anyone confirm or deny this.

I drove mine from Michigan to Texas over two days and the Recaros were no problem for that length of time - and I'm old enough that I watched Apollo 11 land in '69.

Exhaust note is great at startup and unless you drive in a gear to keep your car at over 3500 RPM on the highway, it's basically the same sound as a stock SS. :thumbsup:

Blownhotrodder 11-24-2013 11:38 PM

No way I was going to spend 2 grand for some seats. I really wanted the npp exhaust though, I really like the looks and the sound.

BadAndy 11-25-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9020B (Post 7213576)
I drove one last week. I was impressed as well. The salesman who typically sells me commercial pickups ordered the car in. It is a 2SS 1LE CRT, sunroof, nav, no Recaros and no NPP. He stated that the Recaro's are hard and uncomfortable for any length of time. I want the car as a touring car for me and my wife, I will likely never take it to the track. I want an authoritative exhaust but I don't want it droning or overpowering inside the car when running at highway speed down the road. Anyone have any thoughts? I have read all I can find, no one has said the Recaro seats are uncomfortable or anything negative on NPP. My price is 43K. The Recaro's look real nice and I would like them if they are comfortable. Can anyone confirm or deny this.

The NPP is very worth it. Quiet at cruise, awesome rumble at WOT.

I love the sound of mine with the LTs. Also have the M2W switch for when the wife doesn't want to deal with it being loud.

Hell, I'll sell you mine for $41k LOL!

Mannsiam 11-25-2013 08:38 AM

I have a buddy who has a Solo exhaust on his 2013 1LE and he has zero drone. I am going with the Borla Atak or "S" type for mine I want the aggressive sound.

Camaro_Corvette 11-25-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 (Post 7213450)
Orders are suspended now for a few months so take that into account


Ryan

This. link You won't get your order till after Feb 2014. At the earliest. But since you're in Colorado that might work out for you. :thumbsup:

immaculate chaos 11-28-2013 01:41 PM

What's the deadline on being able to place an order on a '14?

Dropspeed 11-28-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immaculate chaos (Post 7222365)
What's the deadline on being able to place an order on a '14?

Should be April. If your dealer has an allocation it should May.

BigBlock69RS 11-28-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadAndy (Post 7213768)
The NPP is very worth it. Quiet at cruise, awesome rumble at WOT.

NPP is a must have in my book. First thing I did was take the fuse out, now it feels and sounds like a muscle car should. I get compliments all the time, just on the exhaust note.

With the fuse out there is a bit of drone at highway speeds, but I actually like it and you get used to it. There is always the mild to wild wireless remote.

RandyT 11-28-2013 04:41 PM

Yes waiting isn't an issue with winter right around the corner I was't going to settle.

9020B 11-28-2013 07:28 PM

Any other thoughts on the Recaro's? Worth 2K?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.