Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Camaro Color??? (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3312)

Johnnyp65 03-21-2008 08:10 PM

Camaro Color???

I'm looking forward to buying a Camaro, and when i saw the movie Transformers, i thought that the gold was pretty nice. if you have any other color suggestions, please let me know

DGthe3 03-21-2008 11:57 PM

Well, there are a couple things. There is a photoshop thread with just about every colour out there. And there is another thread with a semi accurate list of Camaro colours, with renderings of each. I say semi-accurate because some won't be offered and there will be some others that aren't on the list.

CamaroSpike23 03-22-2008 12:17 AM

and the bumblebee gold will not be offered to the public

K. Phil 03-22-2008 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 54738)

I'm just wondering, how much does it cost to get a good paint job done to a car, like a Camaro? (and hopefully something above MAACO.) I'm only curious, because if Chevy says they're putting 100,000 Camaros on the road, I at least want mine to look a little more unique, without ricering it up of course. :bellyroll:
And anyway, the Bumble Bee yellow is a great color that not many people will have, but will recognize.

The_Stache 03-22-2008 12:57 PM

A full body, including joins, under hood, in door panels ect can cost upwards of $8000.00+ (depending on shop) a color like the gold yellow that bumblebee was is something upwards of $10,000.00+ due to the multiple layers and metal flakes in it. Go look at what a lot of the mustang guys are paying to have stripes put on (to replace vinyl stripes). They are spending about $1200.00-1500.00 for just the stripe, and then an additional $1000ish if they want clear coat over them.

Paint isn't cheap... especially if its done right.

CamaroSpike23 03-22-2008 02:52 PM

what diarmadhi said.

and if you are switching to a completely new color, you are going to spend even more as doing the under body and engine bay will get even more expensive. ive got a friend in Kansas who will be doing my car next year going from polo green to the blue/black combo thats in my sig. he's doing it for 5k but my engine will be out of the car getting built up so it will make things a lil easier on him (and my pocketbook)

Phantasm 03-22-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 (Post 54738)

Wow, I must have been in a cave somewhere, I totally missed hearing this. Bummer.

TheMadHatter99 03-22-2008 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantasm (Post 54844)
Wow, I must have been in a cave somewhere, I totally missed hearing this. Bummer.

I don't think it has been stated definitely. But it's just too cost preventive to offer it. As was stated above, it's a $10k paint job.

Although they probably will offer some yellow color, and probably black stripes as well.

CamaroSpike23 03-22-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantasm (Post 54844)

more than likely...you've only been on here majorly since this month...:sm0:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 (Post 54858)
I don't think it has been stated definitely. But it's just too cost preventive to offer it. As was stated above, it's a $10k paint job.

Although they probably will offer some yellow color, and probably black stripes as well.

i think after the second transformers movie comes out next summer, GM will begin to paint the cars that color for an extra price, or offer a BB camaro package (more than just the 3 that are offered for the contest)

just my $0.02

TAG UR IT 03-23-2008 12:46 AM

It was stated that GM will build only 3 Camaros in Bumblebee trim w/ that color. Those are the ones that will be given away by GM.

I'm 99% sure that paint won't be offered.

K. Phil 03-23-2008 02:17 AM

Thanks for the info, diarmadhi. I must be the one living under a rock, I had no idea a Bumblebee paint job would be that costly. :yikes: Hopefully the color selection that's made available will suit my needs. I certainly love the Hugger Orange that the concept 'Vert is in, so I may go with that if none of the others suit my tastes.

And plus, I would rather spend that extra $8k for the real deal V8, and save the paint job for after I had the car for 25 years. :)

Jeff 03-23-2008 05:34 AM

Even if GM doesn't offer the "Bumble Bee" colors.. you know tons of people are going to take their Z\28's & SS's to get it painted so. I would almost be tempted to do it too.. Only if I didn't love red cars so much :D

melvin 03-27-2008 02:09 AM

I'd like to see some sort of bronze. similar to what's in my signature...but i doubt we'll see anything like that.

lafountain 03-27-2008 10:54 AM

I am gonna go with some shade of red more than likely.

camaro5 04-13-2008 07:48 PM

Pick your Camaro color - Enjoy!

http://www.ridebuilder.com/rb/fun/camaroPainter.html

:rolling5thgen:

TAG UR IT 04-14-2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro5 (Post 61926)
Pick your Camaro color - Enjoy!

http://www.ridebuilder.com/rb/fun/camaroPainter.html

:rolling5thgen:

:confused0068: :confused0068: :confused0068:
That is SWEEEET!!!

Jak 04-14-2008 07:34 AM

:word: . I just wish there were a way to save your choice. . Unless i missed it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 62045)
:confused0068: :confused0068: :confused0068:
That is SWEEEET!!!

rolnslo 04-14-2008 10:32 AM

:bow: :bow:

Thanks! That's awesome.

To save mine, I just did a print-screen and pasted the image into Paint, then saved it. Using it now as my avatar.

Quick question for those with paint cost knowledge....Which would cost me less to have done? Start with a black car and paint the bottom red or start with a red car and paint the top black?

I just want to do the exterior and don't plan on doing door jambs, under the hood/trunk, etc...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/rolnslo/SAOAIe_.../Blk-red-5.JPG

CaptianSam 04-14-2008 04:56 PM

im going black... and if there is a black metallic... or black pearl.... but black for sure... we have the black viper with limited red sigs... the black charger is getting red racing stripes.. sisters mustang is going to be black (summer 08) and my camaro is going to be black with hopefully red brembros and red stripes... black wheels thats the only way i can get it... my dad is painting our 302 black... our edge is black, our f150 is black. his caddy escalade is black the only non black car my family owns is a DARK red metallic (practiacally black) f250 i use for work...

and the 350z will be gone...:( oh well V-8 time

camaro5 04-14-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 62103)

Thanks! That's awesome.

To save mine, I just did a print-screen and pasted the image into Paint, then saved it. Using it now as my avatar.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying themselves :wave:

And, that's a good tip on saving it too. I now use my blue with white stripes Camaro for my avatar.:thumbup:

EllwynX 04-14-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptianSam (Post 62201)
im going black... and if there is a black metallic... or black pearl.... but black for sure... we have the black viper with limited red sigs... the black charger is getting red racing stripes.. sisters mustang is going to be black (summer 08) and my camaro is going to be black with hopefully red brembros and red stripes... black wheels thats the only way i can get it... my dad is painting our 302 black... our edge is black, our f150 is black. his caddy escalade is black the only non black car my family owns is a DARK red metallic (practiacally black) f250 i use for work...

and the 350z will be gone...:( oh well V-8 time

Wow, you guys must be washing a vehicle every day of the week to keep all those black vehicles looking clean.

stovt001 04-14-2008 11:10 PM

I did mine in the lighter blue with yellow hockey stick side stripes. Hello Mr Penske and Mr Donahue, you car is ready.

TAG UR IT 04-15-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolnslo (Post 62103)

Thanks! That's awesome.

Quick question for those with paint cost knowledge....Which would cost me less to have done? Start with a black car and paint the bottom red or start with a red car and paint the top black?

I just want to do the exterior and don't plan on doing door jambs, under the hood/trunk, etc...

Well...if you are not doing the door jams and you want the less expensive of the two, I'd buy the car w/ the color you want on the bottom...then, you paint the top and won't have to worry about those door jams being a different color.

1bad67camaro 04-15-2008 02:48 AM

i think im going to get orange with black strips hard top ss 550 hp

Camaroman_99 04-15-2008 04:50 AM

I'm leanin toward red. I would like to have the stripes on it like the one in my sig.